• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What exactly ARE they protesting?

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
I hope they are all shot in their heads by police and dumped in the Grand Canyon somewhere......

Hippie Filth :facepalm:

Find jobs, asshats.

Earn your keep like the rest of us.

If you're not happy with your lot in life, then change it.

What a fucking joke. :2 cents:

Ahhh, the old blame the victim mindset. Yeah, I'm sure all those poor people out there have just chosen to be poor. :rolleyes:

Wow, this thread has been filled with thoughtful, careful answers. No one has spouted off inappropriately. Everyone really thinks hard before they post. It's amazing.

Also,

What they're pissed off at is greed, lack of patriotism/loyalty and lack of accountability.

All of us, with our tax dollars, bailed out the "too big to fail" entities who'd engaged in irresponsible and ethically questionable business practices that contributed mightily to the financial crisis.
For many many people this meant the loss of their homes, or the loss of part or all of their life savings.

So while the little guy paid out the ass and mortaged his future to stave off what might well have been complete economic disaster, these banks and big corporations have gone on to do quite well thank you. They're sitting on a ton of capital. They're still paying huge salaries and bonuses to their CEOs. They're still keeping a super tight rein on credit. They don't appear to give a shit about america or their fellow americans, they'll go wherever and employ whomever most benefits their bottom line. For the most part that's understandable being as they're in business to make money, but the scales have tipped so far in that direction it feels like they've jettisoned any loyalty whatsoever to country and consumers.

And yet they continue to attain more power and influence. Last year (while overruling two precedents) the republican majority supreme court granted corporations virtual carte blanche regarding contributions to political campaigns (i.e. buying votes). The money lobby in this country has WAY more power than the president of the united states or congress.
Insider trading is rampant on Wall Street. We all know that deck is stacked, but we play it anyway because it's the only game in town. You can't put your money in savings or certificates of deposit anymore because they don't pay shit.

And worst of all we're set up to fail again because the reforms the president instituted that were intended to help insure we won't didn't go far enough. And why didn't they go far enough? Because big money (i.e. big power) doesn't want them to. Most continue to insist (though one time laissez faire capitalist Alan Greenspan no longer agrees with them) that free markets are by nature self-regulating, when in fact we've seen in frightening fact that that's not necessarily true, and that when it's not the outcome can be catastrophic.

why? :dunno:

sorry how are these big businesses and banks using their money to get republicans and democrats on there side ?

You know bribing is illegal in the US.

i am quite sure people have questioned media long before FOX came into existence. Thanks for clarifying your earlier statement. I am not attempting to argue with you. Your assertion, however, is rather 1-dimensional ("black" or "white")

To be honest, what little television I watch and or have watched, I cannot actually recall a "liberal" view expressed much. I do not remember ever hearing any mainstream outlet covering anti-war, legitimacy of gay marriage, or consumer-advocacy in a positive light. THAT, in my opinion, would be "liberal" viewpoint. In fact, I'd say the opposite would be true

So what are you saying there is some conspiracy that media is run by wall street?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Explain than posting crap like 2 old.

Or is it just lef movements faith ?

I'm sorry, but what?

As Ochocinco would say, "Child, please! That don't make no damn sense."

Goddamn this 99% shit is getting me irate...look, here's where I'm comin' from you hippie fucking slobs...I work full time and overtime every fucking week and even still am barely getting by...and I have a college degree that I'm not using at the moment, because there's not much I can do with it right now...I commute 40 miles each way to said crap ass job, get treated like shit, and generally hate it...but you don't hear me fucking bitching and moaning and asking for a goddamn bailout/handout...I made the choices in my life, no one else, and I am living with the results of those choices. Why the FUCK should that be anybody's problem but my own? Why the FUCK should I stand with these retards, demanding equality and for the banks/wall street to be ripped down...personal responsibility has disappeared, no one takes the fucking blame for their own fucked up life, it's always somebody else's responsibility to fix it...well, I say FUCK THAT.

You don't like your station in life? Do something about it other than hurling projectiles at cops. I am. I quit smoking to save money. I quit eating out. I quit drinking. I'm careful with every fucking penny I make, because I don't have many, but that is because it is MY LIFE and MY CHOICES. Fucking entitled little hippie brats need a good fucking spanking and sent home...I swear to fucking god I'm ready to snap on these little bitches. :mad::mad:

you have no intention of listening, yet you cannot figure out the position of of advocates?
You only have yourself to blame, then, amirite?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Where's the responsibility on Wall Street? Your taxes bailed out the smartest criminals in the country.

Imagine if these peaceful protests happened in China. You'd have tanks rolling in by the minute. Remember Tienanmen '88