• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What exactly ARE they protesting?

Of course it's their fault when all they did was rename themselves. Neocons = Tea Party.

OWS, well, they have legitimate complaints and they truly comprise more than merely "hippies".

Kinda like Liberal to Progressive? Got it.

The Tea Party is not comprised of only Republicans as much as you want to believe it.

though this thread isn't about Tea Party.....who's fault is it that the "tea party" movement of 2009 became co-opted by religious authoritarians and corporate (ban the EPA! ban NEA! punish the poor!) interests?

I find many folks like Galactic 22 who get worked up over dissenters like OWS are that way because they naturally reject the forced emotional narrative thrusted upon them by media headlines. "They" (media) is telling you to care and trying to illicit some emotional trigger to draw you into the story (could be Haiti, could be Japan, could be 9/11, whatever). Its either that or you are warring against an image/truth that runs counter to your "America Fuck Yeah!" world view; you simply do not accept anything that would be less than the fairy tale you wish to believe. While that push-back is understandable, there is a simple solution; quit fucking watching television. Because if you didn't hear about these protests from the news, there isn't anything you'd be disagreeing with

I didn't bring the Tea Party into the discussion but ultimately the parallel is always trying to be made. I could care less about the dissenters or how disruptive, violent or non-violent they are. These things always end with someone running away with their tail between their legs licking their wounds.

The only argument that I make is that there is a plenty to distinguish the two movements ideology aside. To say that the Tea Party have used the same tactics and M.O. is highly disingenuous. OWS is a anti-capitalist movement geared to disrupt the day to day operations that is their perceived "head of the snake".

Good on them. There were not these cries of "free your mind..think for yourself" when it came to the media before the advent of more conservative mass media.

i don't know what this is supposed to mean:dunno:

Let me help you out then. I may be a little older than you. It was not until the 80's that conservative talk radio came into being on a national level. The internet was not a vehicle to express conservative ideas until about 20 years ago. I cannot remember one 24 hour news channel that even considered giving the conservative viewpoint unless it was a "Crossfire" type 30 minute pissing contest.

Until then, your choices were: CNN NBC ABC CBS NPR.. Not necessarily known for conservative drum beating.

But now there is one so-called conservative news network and it alone is poisoning the minds of America and the world with their lies and propaganda. Turning people into Conservobots. There was not this outrage about people believing everything they hear when the mass media was dominated by the liberal POV.

i am quite sure people have questioned media long before FOX came into existence. Thanks for clarifying your earlier statement. I am not attempting to argue with you. Your assertion, however, is rather 1-dimensional ("black" or "white")

To be honest, what little television I watch and or have watched, I cannot actually recall a "liberal" view expressed much. I do not remember ever hearing any mainstream outlet covering anti-war, legitimacy of gay marriage, or consumer-advocacy in a positive light. THAT, in my opinion, would be "liberal" viewpoint. In fact, I'd say the opposite would be true

i am quite sure people have questioned media long before FOX came into existence. Thanks for clarifying your earlier statement. I am not attempting to argue with you. Your assertion, however, is rather 1-dimensional ("black" or "white")

Fair enough. I have come to the conclusion that there is not a whole lot of multi-dimensional thinking when it comes to ideologues or partisans. No matter their stripe.

here is a better question (this whole 'left' vs 'right' debate in every discussion is a farce )

Folks dismiss the protestors as ignorant hippies and say that OWS will "accomplish nothing"

who is a bigger idiot?
The person who voices their dissent in the streets
or
The person who really thinks VOTING is going to actually change anything

I'd say the person who is putting their hope and belief in voting for any candidate and expecting to solve anything is the bigger naive idiot.

FWIW - I'm not even advocating OWS. I doubt it will change the deathspiral we're locked into with our fetish of commodity capitalism

I think they have a point about Wall Street screwing people... but what they fail to understand is that the Federal government, through the political process, is in bed with the people they are protesting, and won't do much about it because they give tons of cash to BOTH major parties to stay out of their business. :2 cents:

Plus, many left wing groups are co-opting these protests jsut like the "Sarah Palin" republican co-opted the original Tea Party, which was started by libertarians and HATE the "other" kind of republicans...

I think they have a point about Wall Street screwing people... but what they fail to understand is that the Federal government, through the political process, is in bed with the people they are protesting, and won't do much about it because they give tons of cash to BOTH major parties to stay out of their business. :2 cents:

Plus, many left wing groups are co-opting these protests jsut like the "Sarah Palin" republican co-opted the original Tea Party, which was started by libertarians and HATE the "other" kind of republicans...

/thread

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I still plan on taking my dog to the occupy Las Vegas protesters in the hope that she will bite several of them.

Shifty

O.G.
Find jobs, asshats.

Earn your keep like the rest of us.

If you're not happy with your lot in life, then change it.

What a fucking joke. :2 cents:

Find jobs, asshats.

Earn your keep like the rest of us.

If you're not happy with your lot in life, then change it.

What a fucking joke. :2 cents:

Yeah it's that easy, because they're just handing out jobs left and right over here.:rolleyes:

I for one hope the movement starts to organize on a nation wide level. It's time to take it to the next level and turn it into occupy America.

This movement has gone global. I don't remember there being a tea party rally in London, Rome, etc