• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What exactly ARE they protesting?

I don't get it. These "occupy" freaks are really starting to piss me off. Today, in Denver, usually a beautiful, fairly quiet city, had protesters being arrested, pepper sprayed, and shot at with rubber bullets...AFTER a police officer was thrown from his motorcycle by these idiots, and other officers were attacked with rocks and bottles.

However, if you listen to these intellectual giants, they were unfairly attacked by representatives of the police state because they refused to move away from a tent.

A fucking tent. In a park where it is AGAINST THE LAW to have a tent. A park where it is AGAINST THE LAW to congregate after 11 pm. Needles to say it is also unlawful to physically attack a police officer, but hey, what the hell do I know, I'm just thinking logically here.

So it got me thinking more about this ridiculous "movement"...what the hell do these fools really hope to accomplish? What are their demands? What are their goals? It seems to me that all they wish to do is stink up and litter parks across the country, bait police into violent attacks, get on the news and cry into the cameras about these horrible, vicious, violent, unprovoked attacks, even after they clearly break the law and are told to vacate and disperse...

And this whole 99% garbage? Where do they get their numbers? Where are the polls? I really want answers here...they make no sense at all...they make less than no sense...it seems to me that these unruly mobs are the unemployed and unwashed, bored, and hence with nothing to contribute and nothing better to do, they waste tax payer dollars by causing these small scale riots in cities across the country and globe...and all for fucking what?! Seriously, what is the end result here? What is the gain for this pack of feral dogs?

And protesters...get the fuck out of Saint Paul's Cathedral...just get the fuck out. :mad:

I don't get it. These "occupy" freaks are really starting to piss me off. Today, in Denver, usually a it seems to me that these unruly mobs are the unemployed and unwashed, bored, and hence with nothing to contribute and nothing better to do, they waste tax payer dollars by causing these small scale riots in cities across the country and globe...

Are they immigrants?

If they don't like Capitalism, they should move to the jungle. There's always a choice.

The Democratic Convention 2012 could look a lot like Chicago 1968

They are mainly protesting social and economic inequality, corporate greed, corruption and influence over government—particularly from the financial services sector—and lobbyists. The protesters' slogan, "We are the 99%", refers to the difference in wealth between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population.

:dunno:

What they're pissed off at is greed, lack of patriotism/loyalty and lack of accountability.

All of us, with our tax dollars, bailed out the "too big to fail" entities who'd engaged in irresponsible and ethically questionable business practices that contributed mightily to the financial crisis.
For many many people this meant the loss of their homes, or the loss of part or all of their life savings.

So while the little guy paid out the ass and mortaged his future to stave off what might well have been complete economic disaster, these banks and big corporations have gone on to do quite well thank you. They're sitting on a ton of capital. They're still paying huge salaries and bonuses to their CEOs. They're still keeping a super tight rein on credit. They don't appear to give a shit about america or their fellow americans, they'll go wherever and employ whomever most benefits their bottom line. For the most part that's understandable being as they're in business to make money, but the scales have tipped so far in that direction it feels like they've jettisoned any loyalty whatsoever to country and consumers.

And yet they continue to attain more power and influence. Last year (while overruling two precedents) the republican majority supreme court granted corporations virtual carte blanche regarding contributions to political campaigns (i.e. buying votes). The money lobby in this country has WAY more power than the president of the united states or congress.
Insider trading is rampant on Wall Street. We all know that deck is stacked, but we play it anyway because it's the only game in town. You can't put your money in savings or certificates of deposit anymore because they don't pay shit.

And worst of all we're set up to fail again because the reforms the president instituted that were intended to help insure we won't didn't go far enough. And why didn't they go far enough? Because big money (i.e. big power) doesn't want them to. Most continue to insist (though one time laissez faire capitalist Alan Greenspan no longer agrees with them) that free markets are by nature self-regulating, when in fact we've seen in frightening fact that that's not necessarily true, and that when it's not the outcome can be catastrophic.

I fucking hate hippies

why? :dunno:

So they protest this by dirtying up public parks, using drugs and banging away like little filthy rabbits for all to see...and this is sending the message to Wall Street that they should be taken seriously?

What they're pissed off at is greed, lack of patriotism/loyalty and lack of accountability.

All of us, with our tax dollars, bailed out the "too big to fail" entities who'd engaged in irresponsible and ethically questionable business practices that contributed mightily to the financial crisis.
For many many people this meant the loss of their homes, or the loss of part or all of their life savings.

So while the little guy paid out the ass and mortaged his future to stave off what might well have been complete economic disaster, these banks and big corporations have gone on to do quite well thank you. They're sitting on a ton of capital. They're still paying huge salaries and bonuses to their CEOs. They're still keeping a super tight rein on credit. They don't appear to give a shit about america or their fellow americans, they'll go wherever and employ whomever most benefits their bottom line. For the most part that's understandable being as they're in business to make money, but the scales have tipped so far in that direction it feels like they've jettisoned any loyalty whatsoever to country and consumers.

And yet they continue to attain more power and influence. Last year (while overruling two precedents) the republican majority supreme court granted corporations virtual carte blanche regarding contributions to political campaigns (i.e. buying votes). The money lobby in this country has WAY more power than the president of the united states or congress.
Insider trading is rampant on Wall Street. We all know that deck is stacked, but we play it anyway because it's the only game in town. You can't put your money in savings or certificates of deposit anymore because they don't pay shit.

And worst of all we're set up to fail again because the reforms the president instituted that were intended to help insure we won't didn't go far enough. And why didn't they go far enough? Because big money (i.e. big power) doesn't want them to. Most continue to insist (though one time laissez faire capitalist Alan Greenspan no longer agrees with them) that free markets are by nature self-regulating, when in fact we've seen in frightening fact that that's not necessarily true, and that when it's not the outcome can be catastrophic.

why? :dunno:

Again...the way they're going about it is going to further their cause, going to get them taken seriously? What they are doing is going to get the evil bankers to throw up their hands and say, "You're right, dirty hippies, you're right...let us repent and open our wallets to you all!"? By forcing riots against police whose job is already tough enough, they're going to exact the change they're after? They make no sense.

And I hate hippies because they smell, they are elitist, (the ones I've had the misfortune to have to deal with) they do nothing but bitch about things rather than attempting to change them through constructive means and discourse, and smoking mad amounts of pot does not qualify, they listen to bad music, their dred lock hair is disgusting to look at, and they eat food that smells so fucking bad you can smell it a mile away. Just my opinion.

But hippies fucking suck.

awesome strategy

completely misrepresent a position so you can launch on a self-righteous tangent that nobody gives a fuck about
IMG_0173.PNG

go kill yourself, OP

I don't get it. The OP's post is really starting to piss me off. Today, on FO, usually a beautiful, fairly quiet forum, had Galactic 22 being being cunty, ignorant, and down right retarded...AFTER self-righteously attacking people with the nerve to voice their displeasure in economic disparity.

However, if you read what this cuntrag wrote, he'd tell you that we should all submit to authority and STFU.

[Galactic 22 has no concept of civil dissent]

So it got me thinking more about this ridiculous "post"...what the hell did this fool really hope to accomplish? Who gives a fuck about his opinion? Does he have any idea what he's talking about? It seems to me that all they wish to do is stink up and litter forums throughout the world, bait readers into responding, get angry and cry on the forums about his white angst and first-world problems.....

And this whole 99% garbage? Does Galactic 22 have no concept for numbers? I mean how does that work? Does he not understand how basic statistics work.....what a dumb cunt

And Galactic 22...get the fuck off Freeones...just get the fuck out. :mad:

I really don't understand, you title thread with a question which shows you're ignorant on the subject at hand, then you go on to rant about the said subject that you're ignorant about in the first place...

Btw, I DON'T support the Occupy movement but to say that they're all hippies shows just how ignorant you are on the subject. I know people, that I went to school with, who were/are at the Portland, Denver, Boston, Dallas, Austin and Houston rallies NONE of them are hippies. I also like how you discredit this movement with nothing but opinions, but hey, that's how all you conservatives think, right? It's either get your way with your opinion or religion with you folks, never the facts.

They're protesting because they believe the top tier financial elite are always rewarded, while the rest of society makes up for their mistakes.

Banks and large private companies, are bailed out by the taxpayer, while smaller companies are left to fend for themselves. Governments are not punishing those who's mistakes wrecked the economy. Banks are handing more guaranteed bonuses to new employees than they were before the financial crisis.

Of course some trouble makers and hippie dole wallers, who don't pay taxes anyway, will join in just for the kicks.

Those occupy London protesters wearing the V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes masks, they're lining the pockets of a corperate giant as Time Warner owns the profit rights, to those masks.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Albert R. Hunt is the executive editor for Washington at Bloomberg News

Bloomberg News is hardly a left-wing publication.
"The catalyst for the movement now is that during the worst financial crisis since the Depression, there is a perception that Wall Street and the wealthy were taken care of while average folks suffer. That isn't a fringe view."

I haven't attended any OWS protests, nor have I made an effort to observe any on television or the internet. From what I've heard it seems conservatives oppose them. That seems a bit hypocritical after coddling tea party fundies in recent years.

Albert R. Hunt is the executive editor for Washington at Bloomberg News

Bloomberg News is hardly a left-wing publication.

I haven't attended any OWS protests, nor have I made an effort to observe any on television or the internet. From what I've heard it seems conservatives oppose them. That seems a bit hypocritical after coddling tea party fundies in recent years.

I am not a Tea Party enthusiast but when you can show the same level of "civil disobedience" by the Tea party as with the OWS movement, you may have a valid argument.

xfire

First of all, when it comes to the Tea Party, the original premise when it all got started was that they were "non-partisan". A lie. Not only are they partisan, they're hyper-partisan. Anything beyond that isn't worthy of support, civil disobedience or not. How can you believe anything beyond their original premise when the whole movement is based on a lie?

First of all, when it comes to the Tea Party, the original premise when it all got started was that they were "non-partisan". A lie. Not only are they partisan, they're hyper-partisan. Anything beyond that isn't worthy of support, civil disobedience or not. How can you believe anything beyond their original premise when the whole movement is based on a lie?

Yeah, because there are so many Tea Party Democrats to choose from. If you think that the Tea Party is made up solely of Conservative Republicans you are sadly mistaken. It may have been started with good intentions but the fact that Tea Party members have been forced to throw their support behind Republicans is not their fault.

xfire

Of course it's their fault when all they did was rename themselves. Neocons = Tea Party.

OWS, well, they have legitimate complaints and they truly comprise more than merely "hippies".

Yeah, because there are so many Tea Party Democrats to choose from. If you think that the Tea Party is made up solely of Conservative Republicans you are sadly mistaken. It may have been started with good intentions but the fact that Tea Party members have been forced to throw their support behind Republicans is not their fault.

though this thread isn't about Tea Party.....who's fault is it that the "tea party" movement of 2009 became co-opted by religious authoritarians and corporate (ban the EPA! ban NEA! punish the poor!) interests?

I find many folks like Galactic 22 who get worked up over dissenters like OWS are that way because they naturally reject the forced emotional narrative thrusted upon them by media headlines. "They" (media) is telling you to care and trying to illicit some emotional trigger to draw you into the story (could be Haiti, could be Japan, could be 9/11, whatever). Its either that or you are warring against an image/truth that runs counter to your "America Fuck Yeah!" world view; you simply do not accept anything that would be less than the fairy tale you wish to believe. While that push-back is understandable, there is a simple solution; quit fucking watching television. Because if you didn't hear about these protests from the news, there isn't anything you'd be disagreeing with