• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

what d'you think about Colombia? (south american country)

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I was in Colombia once and I will never go there again!
I had to do some business things over there. And I never left the house without a bulletproof vest. I saw 2 shootings between drug dealers and some guys that at least looked like a mix between police and terrorists.
It was just a bit more than a week I was there but that was more than enough.

where exactly were you?
When?
You saw a shootout?
How did you know they were drug dealers?
What does a mix of police and terrorists look like?
Funny how you say you were here once and saw these things and I've been here for 1,200+ days and never even saw a fist fight.
You all can think what you want.......

SBTNW

Banned
where exactly were you?
When?
You saw a shootout?
How did you know they were drug dealers?
What does a mix of police and terrorists look like?
Funny how you say you were here once and saw these things and I've been here for 1,200+ days and never even saw a fist fight.
You all can think what you want.......

I strongly agree with you, meesterperect.
i've been there for 26 years now and never saw any of that...

Personally I think it gets a largely undeserved bad rep. Have had the pleasure to meet a LOT of Colombians in my line of work. They're all great people, very sociable, hard-working, easy-going, patriotic, handsome (seriously, I don't think there's such a thing as an ugly Colombian girl) people. Drugs, violence and being kidnapped by the FARC are the last things they worry about as they go about their daily lives.

As a Westerner though I do understand why you might have to be more cautious (especially if you'd be of value to the rebels), but I doubt you have much to worry about in the urban centres.

I think all their best looking women should get together and have a contest with the women of Venezuela to see who are the most beautiful with me as the judge. :dunno:

jewelcity

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
As far as countries go, it has a pleasant shape.

Facetious

Moderated
I strongly agree with you, meesterperect.
i've been there for 26 years now and never saw any of that...

If I understand him (up 6 ^) he was simply being facetious :tongue:

It reads like a movie clip :1orglaugh

Was it ?

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
let's see:
- great coffee
- great women
- nice beaches
- a lot of biodiversity
- violence, terrorism, kidnapping
- cocaine, marijuana
- Juanes, Shakira, Sofia Vergara, Juan P. Montoya

so... pretty much like every other country: good things, bad things.

i saw a documentary on the drug trade with Alex James on the bbc
he showed it really was a beautiful country but with a god awful reputation, and ravaged by drugs i dont know if i'd ever want to visit there but it does look quite amazing (and the women aren't bad either)

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Columbia is like posting in a several month old bumped thread: It is good and fun until you realize what you are actually doing, and then it sucks.

And then cocaine makes it better.

That country has a high rate of human rights abuses and taxpayers in the U.S. should stop wasting their hard earned money by providing that country with welfare aka war on drugs

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
U.S. should stop wasting their hard earned money by providing that country with welfare aka war on drugs

why do you think USA does that ?
to help Colombia ?
to combat drugs ?
do you actually think that those bucks are for war on drugs ?

think again...
USA (like any other country) is not merciful, is not a helping hand, doesn't want a better planet... it does want MONEY, and POWER. And geo-political advantage. And resources.

So... is not like they're giving away a lot of money. It's definitely an investment, my dear.

^ like I said, U.S. taxpayers are wasting their money by giving it as welfare to "fight" Columbia's war on drugs

It's definitely alot of money that has been wasted

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
let's see:
- great coffee
- great women
- nice beaches
- a lot of biodiversity
- violence, terrorism, kidnapping
- cocaine, marijuana
- Juanes, Shakira, Sofia Vergara, Juan P. Montoya

so... pretty much like every other country: good things, bad things.

Hey, you know of Juan Pablo?! :thumbsup:

I've never been to Colombia, but from watching documentaries, reading news bits and talking to people who have been there (including my ex-fiance), it's a beautiful country... if not for the crime and narco-terrorism. FARC, much like the Shining Path slime in my ex's native country of Peru, is still a real problem.

From what I just looked up, the per capita murder rate has gone down, but Colombia is still in the top 10 in the world (slightly lower than South Africa, slightly higher than Somalia and Liberia... much higher than Mexico), and about 600% higher than the U.S.'s murder rate. And the rate of kidnappings is down somewhat too. But the rate still places Colombia pretty high on the per capita world ranking.

Speaking of Juan Pablo, I got to meet him when he first started driving for Target Chip Ganassi (before he became a hot-shoe, big shot). He wasn't married at that time, but he was concerned about his family getting kidnapped, and returning to Colombia, as he became increasingly famous in the U.S., became more of an issue for him. This was in the mid/late 90's. Once he won the CART championship, the Indy 500 and moved to Formula One, I'm not sure what he did to keep his and Connie's families safe. But he does run the Formula Smiles Foundation located in Cartagena. And I know he's taken some NASCAR people down there. So there are Colombians trying to make a positive difference.

Hopefully things start to improve down there. But just looking at the data shows it to be a pretty dangerous place overall. Although if I was seriously looking for a wife, that's probably one place I'd look. ;)