• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What are you reading now?

I don't think I could bear going through a whole book wrote by Chomsky. :1orglaugh

Why couldn't you go through a whole book wrote by Chomsky? :)

Noam Chomsky is a genius. I usually don't agree with his politics but his writings on language and thought are incredibility insightful. Human language reveals the structure of the human mind. For a long time he's been the top Linguist in the the world. Here's his web site with some of his writings.

http://www.chomsky.info/

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
You mean there's other things besides the net and television!? :jester:

I need to finish Pompeii by Robert Harris.

I have a lot of books I've bought that need to be read. I procrastinate too much.

Noam Chomsky is a genius. I usually don't agree with his politics but his writings on language and thought are incredibility insightful. Human language reveals the structure of the human mind. For a long time he's been the top Linguist in the the world. Here's his web site with some of his writings.

http://www.chomsky.info/

Yes, I know who he is, I remember him from some study on cognition and linguistics in one of my classes. He writes in a very concise style.

Reading three books in parallel right now:

1. Latest Reason magazine (well, not exactly a book I suppose).
2. Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism by Robert Pape
3. Life, Death and Everything in Between: A paramedic's memoirs by Stephen Kelly Grayson

Next up on the list:
1. A foreign policy of freedom by Dr. Ron Paul
2. Imperial Hubris: Why the West is losing the war on terror by Michael Scheuer.

I also bought the entire DVD set of Milton Friedman's most excellent "Free To Choose" series to gift a friend in California before I leave for Vietnam at the end of this month...

cheers,

Facetious

Moderated
Yes, I know who he is, I remember him from some study on cognition and linguistics in one of my classes. He writes in a very concise style.

Hugo held up an edition at IIRC the UN counsel, correct ?

Didn't he also suggest that ChOM was dead ? :1orglaugh

I'm currently reading "There are no problem horses, only problem riders", by Mary Twelveponies.

Very informational.

H

Dark Tower by Sk

Next up on the list:
1. A foreign policy of freedom by Dr. Ron Paul
2. Imperial Hubris: Why the West is losing the war on terror by Michael Scheuer.

I also bought the entire DVD set of Milton Friedman's most excellent "Free To Choose" series to gift a friend in California before I leave for Vietnam at the end of this month...

cheers,

This Hubris is also on my growing list, although the strongest statement on this mess so far was Failed States. I can't believe that anyone in the US actually believes all the lies at this point, it's apparent that the rest of the world does not;
http://www.amazon.com/Hubris-Inside...8012662?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194892382&sr=1-1

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley, fantastic

Excellent classic, although I think it should be read along with 1984. Somewhere in between the two is US policy.

Lisey's Story by Stephen King. Finally.