• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Virus protecction

I use McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005.Got it at half price at £25.Protects you against everything for a full year.In 4 months just 1 thing slipped through and it deleted it straight away.

Dinalt said:
:thumbsup: These have already been mentioned before in this thread, but here's the direct links to some of the software already mentioned. If you're new at browsing (or an old hand without them), make sure you're protected:

Great post :thumbsup:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Norton Internet Security 2004
SpyBot, and
AdAware
All three combined seem to work very well for me. I particularly like the Norton firewall.

Dinalt

Banned
:wave2: Here's a few more I found while surfing (just a shame have to waste our time with these things, when we could be looking at hot women)

One for Service Pack 2 Firewall Users

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4358.html

Haven't tried it as I've got Zone Alarm, but if you only rely on Windows XP firewall it might be worth it. Monitors the firewall to stop it getting turned off by viruses/spyware etc.

Browser Hijack Blaster

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3786.html

Built into a lot of antispyware tools, but useful if you haven't got any. Alerts you if anything tries to change your homepage

Find a load more anti spyware tools on this link:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/browse/0,cat,1727,sortIdx,1,pg,1,00.asp

Re: Virus protection

Im using :
Antispyware : Adaware 6 + Adwatch 3
Firewall : Kerio 4
Antivirus : none, but I got the last norton and the last panda ready to install if I smell a problem.

The best virus protection is yourself !
I'm regularly watching the process list with ctrl+alt+del

i use PC-Cillin Internet security by Trend-Micro. has all the bells and whistles that usually require several different products. It's a really good "all around" product with live updates, popup blocking, spyware blocking and detection, email scan, webmail scan, and can be downloaded from thier site and used for 60 for free. I have been using them for several years, since my last PC got fragged by a vicious virus that Norton missed.

does anyone have an opinion on eTrust Antivirus? the guy in the shop said it was good.. but maybe he was bugged ;)

Anyway i havent had big problems since i quit using wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf? and started using limewire.
any comments?

i've not really come across a good virus protection program...and ive used alot....and the majority are crap....norton Anti-virus is by far the best....its just a pity it slows your computer down so much...especially system works...but if you want the best then thats what u gotta use

as for firewalls go.....ive used a hell of a lot....well everyone thats been mentioned so far.....and i have to say with the best without a shadow of a doubt is Agnitium Outpost Pro.....absolutely bloody fantastic....uses hardly any system resourse...its easy to use, yet very advanced in what it does....basically you control ANYTHING!...and a handy little doozy is when you put it in rules mode...and you install a new program and run that program for the first time....as soon as it trys to even touch the net you know about it....and you can use the firewalls to download settings for the program off the net.....for example...when running MSN messenger...you download the settings from the Outpost website...(up to you)...and then that alows messenger to do everything you want it to....except all the spyware bumph that comes with it!

FANTASTIC PROGRAM....i recomend it to anyone...especially...zone alarmers....

I use eTrust AV and also their firewall software. It works great. It's saved my ass quite a number of times (about 130 so far) clicking on links here, and I just started using it ONE month ago; there's a LOT of shit out there on web pages, so I update my AV definitions every 4 hours automatically. lol). :eek:

gibb83 said:
does anyone have an opinion on eTrust Antivirus? the guy in the shop said it was good.. but maybe he was bugged ;)

Anyway i havent had big problems since i quit using wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf?wtf? and started using limewire.
any comments?

SeraphiM

Retired Moderator
I'm using the latest version of McAfe myself. Since I use IE I'm also using Microsoft's anti-spyware, which was free to download with no ad-ware attached. I haven't had any problems, but now that I've said that I'll probably have hard drive melt down soon... :crash:

Last edited:
K, Norton Internet Security 2005 : Personal Firewall, Anti-virus, Anti-spam, Ad blocker, etc etc...

Microsoft Antispyware: Seriously, this thing just just kicks spyware in the face. BAM!

Adaware Personal SE: this is for the crap that still gets through.

Have these three and it will be like protection city in this piece, or something like that.