• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

UEFA Euro 2012

Who will win the euro 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

senorzorro

Banned
See 4-5 posts saying Croatia can do well, as a Croatia fan I don't think so, our best chance was 2008. I will be surprised if we can get out the group, the team has really struggled past few years minus the Turkey playoff win. The strikers are in good form, but wait till you see our defending :facepalm: Modric also needs to step up, he hasn't done that well with the national team.

Only defense and consolation I can give is that we tend to be a good tournament team, one which plays better when they are underdogs and under pressure. They enjoy playing at the big stage moreso than having to go through qualification playing the likes of Malta, Latvia etc..where the lazily go through the motions :D

I don't really have a dark horse as I can't see anybody but Germany/Spain/Holland winning it. Maybe France if you consider them a darkhorse, remember France have failed to get out of the groups in 2008 and 2010. I feel they can be a dangerous team and if they avoid Spain in the quarters, they can go all the way. I was thinking of Russia, but the team out of Group A has a tough quarterfinal draw

I am actually picking Germany to win it, and if Spain and Germany both win their group they are on a collision course for the finals.

I full agree on this... Don't know what happened to Modric really, he played much much better.

As for Croatia, you never know with them...

Would love to see England do it and if it all goes right they can, but in reality can't see past Spain winning the tournament.
England has one big problem : Rooney will be off for the two first games (VS France and Sweden). They may not even go through the groupe stage.

I'll go for Spain, I think it it going to be close this year though. England won't do it, I don't see why they always see it as their year. I imagine they will get knocked out in the second round assuming they play Spain or Italy

Yeah, I'm also assuming Italy and Spain would get through there. I can't see England beating either of those.

Spain to win for me.

Group B looks the toughest.

Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

England has one big problem : Rooney will be off for the two first games (VS France and Sweden). They may not even go through the groupe stage.

They will certainly miss Rooney but I think they'll get through the group stage and though unlikely I agree, England are capable and have the players to put in some good performances if they can just get their act together.

i hope the netherlands will win, but being realistic i believe that Germany will win, they have an excellent team.

i hope the netherlands will win, but being realistic i believe that Germany will win, they have an excellent team.

yep Germany going to be a real pain in the ass for the other teams, Schweinsteiger, Kroos , Muller and the others " c'est du lourd ! " like we said in France :D

Netherlands have a great team as well : Van Bommel, De Jong, Sneider, Van der Vaart, Robben, Van Persie, Huntelaar, that's quite impresive as well
The weakest spot of germany could be the youth of the team among the 27 guys pre-slected by Joachim Low, only 9 are over 25 years old

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
It's a tough group for the Dutch to get out of,and with Bulgaria beating them at the weekend,it could either
be a great or very bad tournament for them.

I'm sure the any team in that group will have their say.

madsngirls

Banned
Netherland won't even get to the 2nd round, Germany and Portugal gonna kill them ! Portugal is in very bad shape but we always win against Netherland.
Spain dont win because now everyone know how they play and to cut of their game.
France and Italy ? No way, their time is gone...
England ? Their game had to be more realistic to stand a chance...
In the end i guess its gonna be Germany... The Panzers again !

Deutschland! Deutschland uber alles!! Not only do I want Germany to win, I actually believe they have a very good chance of winning the Euro Cup this year. After having a disappointing go of it in the World Cup in 2006 and 2010, finishing 3rd both times, I think the German team has their sights finally set on doing big things and I know how much they would love to do it against their fellow European competitors. I think they have the best lineup top to bottom in the entire field, and yes that includes Spain. Spain is missing several key players and I'm not sure they can keep up their style of play against top notch opponents with them out. I also think that the Germans have a fire burning inside them, especially the many on the national team who also player for Bayern Munchen in the Bundeslig, after an upsetting loss against a short handed Chelsea team in the Champions League final. They know and want this year to be their time and will get the job done. The team has great talented youth with Ozil, Muller, Khedira, Kroos, and Gotze, as well as great leadership from veteran players like Klose, Lahm, and Schweinsteiger. Not to mention other greats such as Gomez, Podolski, Hummels, and Neuer. Every position has amazing players with Neuer being the mad dog in net, while Lahm and Hummels lead an impressive, and quite large, defense. Ozil, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Kroos, and Podolski show mastery and creativity in the midfield, and there is no better finishing pair of strikers better than Gomez and Klose in the field. The Germans have also landed in Group B, the toughest group, which includes the Netherlands, Portugal, and Denmark, which I believe leads to their advantage since they will have to be on the top of their game to just make it out of their group. It will prepare them for the next rounds against challengers who may not have played such stiff competition. Not to mention the German national squad has the old greenies back for road jerseys!! So excited. I think that Spain will also do great in the field, but watch out for Croatia to do some things as well. I have my eye on them and think that the final could be Germany vs Croatia, which would be so effin epic!! Pit myself against my girlfriend; I'm of German/Irish ancestry and she is Croatian/Swiss. Speaking of which...Go Ireland too!! Robbie Keane is gonna have to play his ass off for them to have any hope. Only one week left until it all gets underway...so damnn excited! Cant wait!

me too harmonykor, but that's just because i'm dutch :)