• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

trump's Coronavirus Failures and Lies

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism

The Entertainer-in-Chief wants to strip social media organizations of liability, yet grants Big Ag liability exemptions from COVID lawsuits. He appears a bit inconsistent in his laissez faire approach to governance.

When you can't negotiate with Congress, you issue executive orders: https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...argeting-social-media-firms-legal-protections

Nov 20 2014: "Repubs must not allow Pres Obama to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress".

Polish_20200528_205357881_20200528205737223.jpg

Too sexy for sick, baby 😎 Take notes, why don't you? 🦁

ArthurTurner

God Bless Christian Louboutin
[QUOTE="FOUser#4510856320198a, post: 10825758, member: 362882"

[/QUOTE]

A couple of experts weigh in:

- Jack Balkin, a Yale University law professor and First Amendment expert, said any attempt to regulate social media companies for the content on their site would likely need congressional input and approval β€” and would almost certainly face strong legal challenges. The FCC, meanwhile, has no jurisdiction over internet companies like Twitter.

- Former federal judge Michael McConnell, who now directs Stanford Law School’s Constitutional Law Center, also said Trump lacks the legal power to back up his threat. β€œHe has no such authority,” he said in an email. β€œHe is just venting.”

It's just been revealed that republican members of of the Pennsylvania house tested positive for covid19, still showed up for work, but kept it hidden and didn't bother telling democratic house members, leaving them all to wonder if they've been infected themselves or they've infected their own families.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyt5y4KmMcM

Has there ever been a lower form of life than a US republican in 2020?

ArthurTurner

Yes, there have been lower forms of life in american politics: Dixiecrats (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat). I think some Republicans are racing to catch up though.

To be historically precise, Dixiecrats were the last vestiges of the old, segregationist wing of the Democratic Party; they became Republicans when they crossed over to vote for Goldwater in 1964, after the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. They helped Nixon carry the South in 1968 (via Nixon's Southern Strategy). The South has been in GOP hands almost as a reliable bloc ever since. So in truth, you can lump the old Dixiecrats and current Republicans together: they both believe in blurring the lines between separation of church and state; they continue to practice the de facto disenfranchisement of minorities (voter suppression), although in the case of the current GOP, it's anyone -- black, brown, poor white, student, elderly -- who disagrees with their draconian policies. Most important, they both took up the mantle of austerity government -- trickle down economics -- after Reagan was elected in 1980. Trickle down economics doesn't work -- unless you're a rich person.

gmase

To be historically precise, Dixiecrats were the last vestiges of the old, segregationist wing of the Democratic Party; they became Republicans when they crossed over to vote for Goldwater in 1964, after the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. They helped Nixon carry the South in 1968 (via Nixon's Southern Strategy). The South has been in GOP hands almost as a reliable bloc ever since. So in truth, you can lump the old Dixiecrats and current Republicans together: they both believe in blurring the lines between separation of church and state; they continue to practice the de facto disenfranchisement of minorities (voter suppression), although in the case of the current GOP, it's anyone -- black, brown, poor white, student, elderly -- who disagrees with their draconian policies. Most important, they both took up the mantle of austerity government -- trickle down economics -- after Reagan was elected in 1980. Trickle down economics doesn't work -- unless you're a rich person.
Agreed and I concur with your and Mongo's sentiments. George Wallace would be exhibit A of a Dixiecrat. Perhaps I didn't go far back enough or broaden the scope. My point is, there have been 'lower forms of life' than current Republicans.

Updating the theme to the current times:
  • King Donald threatens to send in the National Guard to quell the unrest in Minneapolis. (I'd give him credit for a 1970 Kent State reference if I thought he had any historical awareness.)
  • King Donald Tweets: "Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts." Sounds like Miami Police Chief Walter Headley in 1967 "young hoodlums, from 15 to 21, who have taken advantage of the civil rights campaign. ... We don't mind being accused of police brutality ... when the looting starts, the shooting starts."
His supporters are 'great people' when they protest for their rights, others protesting for their rights are 'thugs'.

The first Grand Wizard of the KKK spoke at the 1868 Democrat National Convention - the convention's slogan: "This is a White Man's Country, Let White Rule."

"Everyone who shoots down negroes in the streets, burns negro school-houses and meeting-houses, and murders women and children by the light of their own flaming dwellings, calls himself a Democrat. In short, the Democratic Party may be described as a common sewer and loathsome receptacle into which is emptied every element of treason, North and South, every element of inhumanity and barbarism which has dishonored the age."

Oliver P Morton - citing democrat as the required ingredient for stupid, racist, hate machine.

Legacy of the democrat party - ignorance and hate.

ArthurTurner

Agreed and I concur with your and Mongo's sentiments. George Wallace would be exhibit A of a Dixiecrat. Perhaps I didn't go far back enough or broaden the scope. My point is, there have been 'lower forms of life' than current Republicans.

Updating the theme to the current times:
  • King Donald threatens to send in the National Guard to quell the unrest in Minneapolis. (I'd give him credit for a 1970 Kent State reference if I thought he had any historical awareness.)
  • King Donald Tweets: "Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts." Sounds like Miami Police Chief Walter Headley in 1967 "young hoodlums, from 15 to 21, who have taken advantage of the civil rights campaign. ... We don't mind being accused of police brutality ... when the looting starts, the shooting starts."
His supporters are 'great people' when they protest for their rights, others protesting for their rights are 'thugs'.

Yes, Wallace is one of the icons of segregation, although there have been so many in my lifetime it's hard to keep track. But I lump Dixiecrats and the current Republicans together, however, because I see the common thread that runs through the Republican Party and it runs right back to the Dixiecrats. Same lowlifes, but with an R instead of a D next to their names.

I have lived in New York most of my adult life, so I've had 40+ years of Trump's scummy behavior to fall back on. I've seen his bully-boy act so many times before, with his employees and contractors. Nothing he's done or will do surprises me.

Hillary Clinton calls fellow democrat and "Exalted Cyclops" of the Ku Klux Klan Robert Byrd the "heart & soul of America".

Hillary calls him "eloquent" and "noble" :

β€œI shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side … Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”
- Robert Byrd

gmase

Hillary Clinton calls fellow democrat and "Exalted Cyclops" of the Ku Klux Klan Robert Byrd the "heart & soul of America".

Hillary calls him "eloquent" and "noble" :

β€œI shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side … Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”
- Robert Byrd

Right. We could find actors from both parties (and throw in some Federalists, Whigs, Know-Nothings, et al. for good measure) who were on the wrong side of history.

For the record: I am not a Democrat and Hillary was not mine.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The familiar refrain of the loser. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan.

"Yeah, but like, nobody ackshully liked her anywayz."

That's the support you have, when none of your supporters likes or respects you, and that's the democrat tune. Support a ham sandwich, if the ham sandwich is well-financed, and it's his "turn".

Idiot dems. πŸ˜„

gmase

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The familiar refrain of the loser. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan.

"Yeah, but like, nobody ackshully liked her anywayz."

That's the support you have, when none of your supporters likes or respects you, and that's the democrat tune. Support a ham sandwich, if the ham sandwich is well-financed, and it's his "turn".

Idiot dems. πŸ˜„

Ok. If you say it, it must be true. Back to boobs ...

ArthurTurner

The first Grand Wizard of the KKK spoke at the 1868 Democrat National Convention - the convention's slogan: "This is a White Man's Country, Let White Rule."

"Everyone who shoots down negroes in the streets, burns negro school-houses and meeting-houses, and murders women and children by the light of their own flaming dwellings, calls himself a Democrat. In short, the Democratic Party may be described as a common sewer and loathsome receptacle into which is emptied every element of treason, North and South, every element of inhumanity and barbarism which has dishonored the age."

Oliver P Morton - citing democrat as the required ingredient for stupid, racist, hate machine.

Legacy of the democrat party - ignorance and hate.

No, it's the legacy of racism. Things have changed quite a bit since 1868, including the political parties...

... one of the icons of segregation

Would that be Joe Biden?

Or his good friend, "Voice of the White South" Senator James Eastland, a plantation owner who believed blacks were an inferior race, and forcefully fought desegregation throughout his career as a Democratic lawmaker from Mississippi, helping Biden in his own fight against desegregation? (for which Biden gushed that he was "flattered and grateful")

This is democrat delusion: Mr. You Ain't Black opposed desegregation, and wants black votes. And he'll get them 🀯 (though, admittedly, he's decided to have some fun with them, offending as many as he can along the way - what a jagoff!).

democrat legacy of racism, right up through the modern day πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”​

Last edited:

ArthurTurner

Would that be Joe Biden?

Or his good friend, "Voice of the White South" Senator James Eastland, a plantation owner who believed blacks were an inferior race, and forcefully fought desegregation throughout his career as a Democratic lawmaker from Mississippi, helping Biden in his own fight against desegregation? (for which Biden gushed that he was "flattered and grateful")

This is democrat delusion: Mr. You Ain't Black opposed desegregation, and wants black votes. And he'll get them 🀯 (though, admittedly, he's decided to have some fun with them, offending as many as he can along the way - what a jagoff!).

democrat legacy of racism, right up through the modern day πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”​

So? Biden has already addressed that 40+ year old relationship with James Eastland, as well as his views on busing at the time, head-on. You could consider forced busing Federal overreach while at the same time still pushing for civil rights legislation, which he also did. Your attempts to conflate the two are pretty transparent. It's when you use violent or illegal means in the face of Federal law that real racism enters the picture, Once again, you're trying to put two things together that don't stick. Unlike the Republicans and former Dixiecrats, who only got more brazenly racist and obstructionist as the years have gone on, Biden has admitted his policies needed to change -- and they did change.

The "you ain't black" line was a joke that fell flat; he'd likely not do that again. But mature people know the difference between an awkward ally and and outright enemies like the Republicans. Keep trying.