• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Total Nonstop Action wrestling thread

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Backstage Update – Three Fights At WrestleCon

There were three incidents at WrestleCon in Dallas over WrestleMania 32 weekend.

The first involved former WWE talent & Jerry Lawler’s ex-wife, Stacy “The Kat” Carter, and WWE Hall of Famer Tully Blanchard’s daughter, Tessa Blanchard. It isn’t known what caused the incident but it reportedly had to do with Carter telling Tessa that she was not being respectful. The two nearly got into a fist fight before Ricochet, Tessa’s boyfriend, stepped in.

The second involved Karen Jarrett and Melissa Santos from Lucha Underground. This one started over Santos complaining about not having a chair to sit on, somehow leading to Jarrett spitting on her. The two got into an argument which nearly evolved into a first fight.

The third involved Jeff Jarrett and Brian Knobbs. Apparently Jarrett half-heartedly shoved Knobbs, who lost his balance and fell. The hotel responded to the incident by stationing a security guard in the lobby and putting up a sign about no horseplay.

Article

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Anybody see The Final Deletion Hardy vs Hardy match tonight? The whole thing was goofy but sure entertained.

http://impactwrestling.com/brother-nero-the-final-deletion/

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
TNA re-signs Robbie E and two new wrestlers

TNA has announced on Twitter that they’ve signed Caleb Konley and Sienna (Allysin Kay on the independent circuit) and re-signed Robbie E to a new contract.

Konley has worked matches in ROH, FIP and EVOLVE but is best known for his work in the Carolina states, including for Premiere Wrestling Xperience and Carolina Wrestling Federation Mid-Atlantic. Sienna has worked for both SHIMMER and SHINE, as well as Women Superstars Uncensored.

Sienna aka Allysin Kay

www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=9731

_____

Article

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
TNA Retires King of the Mountain Title, Unveils Brand New Championship With UFC Style Rules at Tonight’s TV Tapings

While we are still waiting for more details from tonight’s Impact Wrestling television taping, it appears that TNA took steps to seriously shake up its midcard title situation. According to several fans live in attendance, the company retired its King of the Mountain Championship after current title holder Bobby Lashley unified the belt with his TNA World Heavyweight Championship. This should air on next week’s episode of Impact.

In its place, a brand new title called the TNA Grand Championship was unveiled. Details are still a bit sketchy, but it appears that this new title, which will have its own lineage separate from the now defunct King of the Mountain Championship (which underwent three name changes in the six years it existed), will have a few special rules. This comes off the major news this week that Billy Corgan had replaced Dixie Carter as the President of TNA Wrestling, and the former Smashing Pumpkins lead singer has teased big changes and a new direction coming for the promotion.

Update: An 8-man single elimination tournament was announced featuring the new rules that will apply to this title. Each match will actually be three timed rounds, so basically UFC style, with a team of judges to award the win based on points, if it goes the distance. We’ll keep you updated as soon as more information is available.

Article

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I know what some of these patches are. Can someone name the rest?

Patches: Darth Vader, The Ramones, Coat of Arms of Germany...

Red Cross?

20821815_800px-eric_young_at_alpha1_dec_2015.jpg

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Billy Corgan Talks His New Role as TNA President

New TNA President Billy Corgan went live on Facebook today to address his new role in TNA, and offer a “state of the nation” address to fans. You can watch the entire stream below.

On the current state of his band Smashing Pumpkins, Corgan said he is committed to the band and his music, and he has been in touch with the band members and that makes life easier. He added the band is not at the point where they are getting back together, but they are open to doing something down the road. He said if the band reunites it will only be about the music.

On becoming TNA President, Corgan says he is now President of the second biggest pro wrestling company in the world, and he has been part of TNA for 5 years. He adds he takes his role in pro wrestling very seriously, as he loves the business and he will never back down from that. Corgan says it’s an honor to be TNA President and plans to be as successful in wrestling as he has been in music.

Corgan admitted there are many challenges with TNA, and he says there are a lot of difficult things going on with TNA internally, so he has stepped in on the ownership and management side of the company. He said his goal is to create the coolest, edgiest and most groundbreaking wrestling company of the century. Corgan stressed that his involvement in wrestling is mutually beneficial for his music career.

Article

Does Billy Corgan Own TNA?

http://www.pwmania.com/does-billy-corgan-own-tna

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
The Dudleys are Free Agents

Despite reports that the decorated tag team had recently signed new WWE deals, they were set to sign new contracts, however in the past 7 days both The Dudleys and WWE amicably decided to part ways and the deals were never signed.

Dudleys Free Agents

Back to TNA?

Tommy Dreamer Says The Dudleys Will Wrestle Again

On whether The Dudley Boyz are actually retired: “I love the fact that happened for The Dudleyz. Do I think that’s the last time The Dudleyz are going to tag as a team? I will give you $1000 if they never wrestle again. Trust me. They will wrestle again.”

Tommy Dreamer

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member

Wrestling organisations / companies have a long story of getting various celebrity involved, sometimes as writers (Bob Mould of Hüsker DÜ) or fake title-bearers, to add drama and excitement.

I love this! I am sure you remember when Jon Stewart had a visit and got to do a fake attack on John Cena, that was a prime example of theater - not if you actually believe that wrestling is completely real, but it was fun!

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
How about Dwayne "The Rock" or Steve Austin?

Andwhat's your take on HulkHogan winning the Gawker lasuit and bankrupting them?

Not really. IAustin's podcast isn'ty that bad. I have heard clips.

I liked him better in the Hollywood Blondes.

It's good Hogan won the lawsuit.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Cody Rhodes going to TNA

Rhodes is planning on working for both TNA and Ring of Honor but will not be under contract to either.

Cody is apparently planning on feuding with Mike Bennett in TNA after the two recently worked together in Northeast Wrestling. Brandi Rhodes, the former Eden, has been doing some of Cody’s ring announcing on the Indy scene, and it sounds like she may appear in TNA as well, possibly in a mini-feud with Bennett’s wife Maria Kanellis.

Cody Rhodes TNA/ROH

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Alberto Del Rio Says He Is Headed To TNA Impact Wrestling And Ring Of Honor

When asked if he planned to continue wrestling after leaving the WWE, Alberto Del Rio said he will continue to take bookings in the independent scene and said that includes TNA Impact Wrestling and Ring of Honor.

“I just came back from England, [Paige’s] homeland. I was doing a couple of shows over there. I’m going to be doing all the indies here – Ring of Honor, TNA, of course Mexico. Yeah, I’m going to be wrestling for a while.”

Alberto Del Rio TNA

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Matt Hardy Wants To Buy TNA Wrestling From Dixie Carter

Corgan and others are still interested enough to buy. Now, there’s a new player in the game to buy TNA Wrestling: Matt Hardy.

“I am interested in purchasing @IMPACTWRESTLING if the owners will sell to me. I would inject my #BROKENBrilliance into every iota of it. If I buy, 1st move is to DELETE the OBSOLETE TNA acronym. The poor play on words retards the brand from reaching its full potential. #TND“

Of course, he would later go on to say that TND stood for “Total Nonstop Deletion.” Now, of course, it is very tough to know if Matt Hardy is doing this as the wrestler/businessman or as the character of Matt Hardy, which he has used in public a lot and especially online. If he is serious and Carter sees that, she may very well talk with Hardy about the company going forward, and Matt may be a candidate to buy the business.

Matt Hardy TND

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Billy Corgan ousted as TNA President

Billy Corgan’s effort to take over TNA Wrestling has failed.

The Smashing Pumpkins frontman and pro wrestling fan has been ousted as the group’s president and, when he asks for it, will have his $1.8 million investment in TNA returned, The Post has learned.

The sudden moves come as a white knight — Anthem Sports & Entertainment, the Toronto-based parent of broadcaster Fight Network, TNA’s Canadian distributor — stepped forward with cash to help out Impact Ventures, the parent of the embattled pro wrestling company.

Anthem’s role as a creditor and not a shareholder means that Corgan lost a second battle with TNA — to cash in on a provision of his loans that would have entitled him to a $900,000 premium should TNA undergo a change in control before he was repaid.

But a judge recently ruled there was no change in control.

“Billy’s saying the company was sold and he’s owed $2.7 million,” said a source close to the situation. “But the court has already determined the company was not sold.”

It was a dramatic turn of events for Corgan, who became TNA’s president in August after riding to the cash-strapped company’s rescue with a cash infusion.

But TNA’s management, including Chair Dixie Carter, soon had a change of heart and sought others with deep pockets to rescue it.

Chafing for more control and fearing the company would be sold from under him, Corgan sued TNA and sought a temporary injunction against its management on Oct 12.

A Tennessee court judge dissolved the injunction on Oct. 31, and determined TNA was not insolvent in a way that ceded control to Corgan.

Meanwhile, without changing equity positions, TNA appears to have found that white knight in Anthem Sports. Carter still owns 92.5 percent of the company, TNA production house Aroluxe Marketing, 5 percent, and Anthem’s Fight Network, 2.5 percent.

Corgan did not take the change in events quietly.

The guitarist took to Twitter on Thursday, saying: “FACT: TNA was supposed to pay me to 2 days ago, which they swore to in front of a judge.”

And then: “FACT: I have still not been paid.”

Fight Network eventually responded with a tweet: “Mr. Corgan’s loan will be dealt with appropriately.”

It then got dirty, with Corgan tweeting: “What w/ the lying through counsel + propensity for press releases claiming victory.”

Behind the tweets was the issue of whether Corgan had negotiated a “demand loan” — with terms stipulating he could demand repayment from the company any time after Oct. 31, a source said.

Corgan had not made that demand as of Thursday, but the source said TNA stands ready to return the $1.8 million should the musician do so.

He added that a condition of the repayment will be a “full and final release” of all ties between Corgan and TNA.

On Thursday, in a joint statement, TNA and Anthem said one of the Canadian firm’s executives would join Impact’s board and represent it “on all major operating and restructuring decisions.”
The statement also asserted “Corgan is no longer with the company.”

Corgan/ TNA

Is this a storyline? Was this a stoyline from the start? Will Billy Corgan be back?