• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

'Top Gun' director Tony Scott dead after jumping off bridge

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
'Top Gun' director Tony Scott dead after jumping off bridge

"Top Gun" director Tony Scott fatally jumped off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro on Sunday afternoon, according to Los Angeles police sources.

His body was pulled out of the water by Los Angeles Police Department, California Highway Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard officials.

[For the record, 9:48 p.m. Aug. 19: An earlier version of this post incorrectly said a suicide note was found in Scott's car, which was parked on the bridge. In fact, the note found in his car listed contact information. Investigators later found a suicide note at his office.]

Law enforcement sources said several witnesses saw Scott, the brother of director Ridley Scott, climb over a fence on the bridge and jump off.

The coroner's office identified him Sunday evening.

Scott was a respected action-movie director who also made "Enemy of the State," "Beverly H!lls Cop II" and "Crimson Tide."

georges

Staff member
this is terrible news :( condoleances to his family and friends

Rest in Peace Mr. Scott. I really enjoyed his last works( Unstoppable and the remake of Taking of Pallam 123). He had a visual style that made his films his own. I just hope his brother is doing okay.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
if tony scott jumped off a bridge, would you go out and do it too?

my mom used to tell me that all the time.

He dis some very good movies : Top Gun, The Last Boy-Scout , Days of Thunder, Spy Game, etc...

RIP to him

if tony scott jumped off a bridge, would you go out and do it too?

my mom used to tell me that all the time.

And I'm hoping you told your mom, "yes, mom, I will jump also" :tongue:

He may not have been Ridley, but he was a solid, very capable director, gave us a classic like Top Gun, plus all these other movies:
Loving Memory
The Hunger
Beverly Hills Cop... II (not the original, bummer)
Revenge
Days of Thunder
The Last Boy Scout (saw it, liked it!)
True Romance (saw it, liked it!)
Crimson Tide (saw it, liked it!)
The Fan
Enemy of the State (saw it, liked it!)
Spy Game (saw it, liked it!)
Man on Fire (AWESOME!!!)
Domino (saw it, liked it!)
Deja Vu
The Taking of Pelham 123
Unstoppable

I mean, why, oh, why wasn't it Uwe Boll or Paul W. S. Anderson instead? :weeping: They should have been the ones to jump off that bridge, just so they stop ruining video game movies!

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
^ A pretty impressive list, especially True Romance. R.I.P. Tony Scott.

Revealed: Top Gun director Tony Scott 'was told he had inoperable brain cancer' before bridge suicide as last picture reveals torment

* Picture taken in Beverly Hills on July 23 shows Scott looking pained

* Taken just weeks before he jumped 'without hesitation' from the Vincent Thomas Bridge as horrified tourists on a harbour cruise watched

* A suicide note was later recovered at his office

* Industry veteran famous for cult classic Top Gun along with Days of Thunder, Beverly Hills Cop II and Enemy Of The State

* Planning a Top Gun sequel with Tom Cruise; prep work had already started

* Had two twin sons with third wife he met in 1994

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...jumping-Los-Angeles-bridge.html#ixzz246yXrI4G

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Tony Scott 'was told he had inoperable brain cancer' before bridge suicide as last picture reveals torment
Way to splash someone's privacy all over a tabloid.

He'll be truly missed, but if that is really the case, I don't blame him.

On the list of "shit that's gonna kill ya"...

Seems to me brain cancer would be a nice way to go, and this fucking pussy can't even stand up to that... :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong, I beg and pray to God that he may be forgiven for not being man enough to stare into God's eyes and accept his condition, but by short-cutting the process...

Well, not my call...

May he rest in peace... :angels:

Seems to me brain cancer would be a nice way to go, and this fucking pussy can't even stand up to that... :facepalm:

Have you ever known someone with terminal cancer? Ever see them in their last months, or weeks, or days? If not, you need to shut the fuck up.

It's not a "nice way to go" in the slightest.

pallbearer, lung...

witness, breast...

brain, never been there, but I'm thinking it's gotta be the most straightforward cancer you can get...

am i wrong?

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
Suicide is shit. Yes it is. Fuck the pain. Taking your life off is: S.H.I.T!
Too much encouragement going on about suicide. Ppl: get consistent! You say that guy did what he did because s/he didn't have a chance in life, then when it's a famous guy you find any sort of freaking excuse, still.
Taking your life away kills a few other people and it's a coward thing to do. And therefore, if you still do, you won't get my mercy. My 2 cents, of course.

Suicide is shit. Yes it is. Fuck the pain. Taking your life off is: S.H.I.T!
Too much encouragement going on about suicide. Ppl: get consistent! You say that guy did what he did because s/he didn't have a chance in life, then when it's a famous guy you find any sort of freaking excuse, still.
Taking your life away kills a few other people and it's a coward thing to do. And therefore, if you still do, you won't get my mercy. My 2 cents, of course.

I agree 100%, but I still think we should pray for him... :angels:

God's mercy, is the one he needs...

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
I pray every day. Christianity is a big part of my life and being and God bless him and his family and beloved ones. I just, probably stupidly, took the topic as an excuse to express my opinion about suicide. I just wished that there was less "understanding" and more "condemnation" about suicide, these days. Life is precious.