• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

top 5 metal bands

I'm gonna do what some of you all do in the rap threads and just talk shit about how nobody is good, and how all those bands all suck, and it's not really music. For those that did that already, kiss my ass:booty: But unlike "those" if I had to pick (which I listen to all kinds of music)
Gwar
Korn
Slayer
Rob Zombie
Ozzy

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
1) Metallica
2) Anthrax
3) Slayer
4) Testament
5) Pantera
5.5) Megadeth:D

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Sepultura
Pantara
Testement

(with props to Black Sabbath/Ozzy and G n R, two of my all time favorite hard rock/metal/hair bands, etc)

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Gn'R(1985 - 1992)
Iron Maiden
Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
Motörhead

LezFemmez

Banned
VENOM: One of the first bands that took all that glam out of 80's Heavy Metal and put a little darkness and Satan into it, but unlike those true evil bands from Norway, they didn't take themselves all too serious. Welcome To Hell (1981) is a great album, but the real milestone is Black Metal. Not only is their blend of Thrash and Heavy Metal mixed with ugly vocals absolutely captivating, but with the title of the LP they also gave a whole new Metal genre its name.

SLAYER: SLAYER took VENOM's style of playing Metal and made it even heavier, faster, dirtier, and 1983 they released their first LP Show No Mercy, an album each and every Metal fan has got to have. Until now this album runs under the flag of Thrash Metal, but given all those subgenres we use now to categorize Metal, that LP is a crazy mixture of Thrash, Speed, Black and Death Metal and one of its kind.

BATHORY: In the same year as CELTIC FROST released their first album, the Morbid Tales EP, Quorthon put out his first and self titled long player Bathory. This album practically is the beginning of the Scandinavian Black Metal wave. But four years later, in 1988, BATHORY helped creating a new subgenre with his fourth album Blood Fire Death, and that subgenre would be Viking Metal.

POSSESSED: 1985 they put out their first long player Seven Churches, another must have for every Metal fan. Some call it the first Death Metal album ever, an opinion I don't quite share, but Seven Churches definitely is the ultimate album that gave way to Death Metal.

DEATH: And two years later Chuck Schuldiner and his band DEATH released their first LP Scream Bloody Gore, and from then on Death Metal conquered the Metal world. Another must have album with one of the best DEATH songs ever, "Zombie Ritual". DEATH evolved their music with every album but they were always true to themselves, and every single song you hear you will instantly know it's a DEATH song, and that's what makes this band so great. Rest in peace Chuck!

But...if I had to name one, if I had to name THE best, THE biggest, the most important Metal band of them all, it definitely would be IRON MAIDEN, because with them the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal swept over Europe and then the whole world and made Metal happen. I chose the five band above because they practically took Heavy Metal, IRON MAIDEN's Heavy Metal, and created, without intent or knowing, different styles and (sub)genres of this music.

Anyhow, Metal fucking rules! The older I get the more musical styles and genres I listen to, but Metal will always be my core interest. Sex, drugs and Rock 'n' Roll baby!

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Slayer
Suicidal Tendencies
Bathory
Theatre of Tragedy
Arch Enemy

amon amarth (still going strong i hope and as far as i know altho i don't know how many more viking themes they have in them)
slipknot (future unknown)
emperor (disbanded)
pantera (disbanded)
zyklon (disbanded)
so 3 out of the 5 are disbanded and slipknot, with paul gray's death could be too...fortunately my two favorites in general tool and nine inch nails are still rolling...i hope