• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

This Country Is Tearing Apart At The Seams

georges

Staff member
Even though these arguments are ridiculous, easily debunked (and have been ad nauseam here), and often not based in any kind of fact or even relevance, at least the poor little fella is trying to make a case. You bring nothing to the conversation.
Since the start, you have been defending blindly as well as beak and claws the Obama administration without any valid argument and fact. Yet, you persisted and believed in that collusion delusion scam which was easily debunked, so none of your arguments against Trump is valid nor event relevant. You think that you bring something to the conversation ? All what I read is democrats and Obama devotees whining and complaining like little crybabies when Hillary lost the presidential vote. Time to turn the page since 2016, seriously get over it. You thinking that creepy/sleepy/dirty Joe will save the radical Democrat's day during the election? You are very wrong, he will loose.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
All what I read is democrats and Obama devotees whining and complaining like little crybabies when Hillary lost the presidential vote. Time to turn the page since 2016, seriously get over it. You thinking that creepy/sleepy/dirty Joe will save the radical Democrat's day during the election? You are very wrong, he will loose.

Turn the page indeed. I was happy Hillary lost. Her arrogance and dismissive attitude was very off-putting. After Obama beat her in 2008 and Trump in 2016, the soul-searching Democrats could only find Joe Biden to bring them together? He is Hilary 2.0, but he appears to bring less baggage than her. Although, Joe appears to be picking up some of her bad habits. Just keep the Republican majority in the Senate.

November is a long way away and the polling numbers will fluctuate greatly between now and then,but 538 had an interesting article about those of us who do not like either candidate: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-trump-losing-among-voters-who-dont-like-him-or-biden/

Since the start, you have been defending blindly as well as beak and claws the Obama administration without any valid argument and fact. Yet, you persisted and believed in that collusion delusion scam which was easily debunked, so none of your arguments against Trump is valid nor event relevant. You think that you bring something to the conversation ? All what I read is democrats and Obama devotees whining and complaining like little crybabies when Hillary lost the presidential vote. Time to turn the page since 2016, seriously get over it. You thinking that creepy/sleepy/dirty Joe will save the radical Democrat's day during the election? You are very wrong, he will loose.

Look at him, bless his little heart. Got the intelligence and debate skills of a rotten cucumber but he still tries.

Hey georges, speaking of getting over it, you've said "Obama" more times since 2016 here than everybody else put together.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
A video timeline of the crackdown on protesters before Trump’s photo op

gmase

Oops, bill barr accidentally lets it slip that trump was taken to the bunker by the secret service for his safety.

You mean, trump is NOT bunker inspector??? But that would mean he's been lying? I'm shocked!! But I'm sure he knows more about bunkers than just about anybody...
How long will Barr be AG after the bunker-busting comment?
An article: https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ays-secret-service-called-for-him-to-be-moved

Leadership: I know The Lincoln Project may not be popular in some quarters, but here's their new ad:
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...rasts-trump-eisenhower-in-battleground-states

Speaking of leadership, the Democrat leaders see a schism coming and try to mend it:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...rats-seek-to-shut-down-calls-to-defund-police

Either way, there's no Eisenhower lurking around.

Speaking of leadership, the Democrat leaders see a schism coming and try to mend it:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...rats-seek-to-shut-down-calls-to-defund-police

This is what's so frustrating about democrats, and what costs them votes every election. A large part of their potential voter base wants this talked about, but because dem leadership is terrified that republicans are going to beat them on messaging, they back away from it rather than try to counter with their own messaging. Sure, republicans are fine with lying, and their base are fine with them lying, and that makes a messaging war difficult, but you're never going to win over any of those people anyway.
Biden and the party would get more respect, more loyalty, and more votes, by showing that they can represent this movement that's not just black people anymore, but a majority of people from all across the spectrum.

gmase

This is what's so frustrating about democrats, and what costs them votes every election. A large part of their potential voter base wants this talked about, but because dem leadership is terrified that republicans are going to beat them on messaging, they back away from it rather than try to counter with their own messaging. Sure, republicans are fine with lying, and their base are fine with them lying, and that makes a messaging war difficult, but you're never going to win over any of those people anyway.
Biden and the party would get more respect, more loyalty, and more votes, by showing that they can represent this movement that's not just black people anymore, but a majority of people from all across the spectrum.
Maybe we're talking semantics, but I don't believe a message of de-funding and/or disbanding police departments would attract a 'majority of people from all across the spectrum.' Trump would play the law-and-order crowd like Nixon in 1968. When you talk about something so radical you lose people who otherwise would sympathize with the position. Reform, yes. Revolution, no.

Only 16% (1-in-6) would support de-funding. https://www.cato.org/blog/americans-agree-policing-reform

And, yes, you can win over 'those people.' My registration changed from R to I after Trump was elected.

I can hear the cocking already. :)

Last edited:
That's not what I said. A majority of people from all across the spectrum support this movement, not just black people anymore. And the movement wants a conversation about it. To be seen as dismissing it without even having the debate makes the democrats look as uncaring about the average person as we know republicans are (and maybe the party as a whole, and Biden, are, but there are prominent figures in the democratic party who ARE in it for the people).
Public opinion on defunding is misleading, because so many people equate it with abolition. People are supportive of reform, but against defunding, not knowing that defunding is a method of reform. If those people knew that it meant funding other social programs to take load off the police so they can focus more on their primary objectives it would almost certainly be a lot more popular.
This movement is a great opportunity for new, and existing, leaders to emerge, because it doesn't have a clear goal. The people just know that there's a problem right now. They don't know how to fix it, so they're asking for help. Taking a knee didn't work, so now they're doing this, and they're probably going to keep doing it until somebody can convince them that they're going to help. That's where the opportunity for leaders comes in.
But the republicans can spin it any way they want, and get away with it, because the democrats will run and hide rather than try to engage, like they always do.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here's an awesome vid of The Rock calling out trump. He's not disrespectful or accusatory, just asking a question in a very civil way.

Hope the cowardly crybaby gets to see it as he hides barricaded in a house he doesn't own. I see his wall has a barbed wire top now. Must be great for morale to see the people's house as it looks now. Mr Rock is a far better leader than the one in the white house.

Harpsman

Light one for Me

gmase

Yeah I'd heard that and seen a photo if them together (albeit in a group). There was possibly a personal side to this incident then. So all the trouble and backlash could have stemmed from a grudge.
The connection is murky as the source has since retracted his comments. In any case, the officer abused his power.

Trump threatens to 'take back' Seattle:
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ke-back-seattle-from-ugly-anarchists-if-local
Leading/following by Tweeting: "Take back your city NOW. If you don’t do it, I will. This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!"
How do you 'stoop' an anarchist? And, yes, based on the photos I have seen those anarchists are not an attractive bunch. I wouldn't want to be living anywhere near them.

Seatlle's mayors retort is funny "Make us all safe. Go back to your bunker"

There's a city closer to him which seems out of control:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...te-leader-jefferson-davis-toppled-in-richmond
Monuments have been taken down after the governor and mayor decided to take them down. I presume the 'protesters' were just trying to save the state and local governments some money by doing it themselves.

What will be criteria for invading or laying siege to a city? Will Americans finally need to learn about the 3rd Amendment?

This movement is a great opportunity for new, and existing, leaders to emerge, because it doesn't have a clear goal.

A leader needs to emerge. Soon!

Last edited:

gmase

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here's an awesome vid of The Rock calling out trump. He's not disrespectful or accusatory, just asking a question in a very civil way.

Hope the cowardly crybaby gets to see it as he hides barricaded in a house he doesn't own. I see his wall has a barbed wire top now. Must be great for morale to see the people's house as it looks now. Mr Rock is a far better leader than the one in the white house.
Looks like the US isn't alone: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/austra...esters-charged-claims-country-had-no-slavery/

Well, historians and academic can argue about that all they want. But when I was younger I worked with a guy who still had his grandfather's license to hunt Aborigines, so there's that.

All these people arguing about who did what and who's to blame are missing the point. It's time to put it all in the past, not forget or deny, but accept it, say yes, this stuff all happened and it was shithouse, but look forward together, and all move forward together.

gmase

Well, historians and academic can argue about that all they want. But when I was younger I worked with a guy who still had his grandfather's license to hunt Aborigines, so there's that.

All these people arguing about who did what and who's to blame are missing the point. It's time to put it all in the past, not forget or deny, but accept it, say yes, this stuff all happened and it was shithouse, but look forward together, and all move forward together.
I agree with you. Some people won't let the past go and move forward. As you mentioned in a prior post, leadership is needed.

What's happening in Seattle right now is way out of hand. These people that have barricaded themselves in have backed themselves into a corner, and they've lost the moral high ground. I've seen claims that it started when police opened up on a peaceful march and incited the crowd, hopefully we get some clear evidence of whether that's true or not. The mayor's 30 day moratorium on teargas doesn't seem to have been a good move. But regardless of how it started and why, they need to figure out what their end goal is here, and really fucking fast, because the average American is supportive of protesting for your rights, but not this, and America will lose patience with this really quickly.

It's all very messy right now, and I'm hoping there are a lot more details tomorrow morning, but right now I don't think these guys are helping their cause. If they don't find an exit soon, I think it will open the floodgates to serious clampdowns by law enforcement that will both escalate and spread to the point where there is serious blood in the streets.

georges

Staff member