• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

There is no Scientific Consensus that Life is Important

Is life important?

• Total voters
"life is much too serious a thing to talk seriously about" - Oscar Wilde

How about a simple practical consensus? Most thing that live believe their life is important enough to not want to die.:dunno:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Life isn't important. Importance is an opinion. It can change over time. In the vastness of existence, life means nothing.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
The important of life is not a question science can address. I don’t see how this could be quantified and measured. Science is the scientific method and these assertions could not be proved or falsified. Unless you believe the meaning of life is 42. It’s a question for philosophy or theology. It’s like arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

can I buy some pot from you?

i pirate, therefor i yarrrrrrrr!

important is a relative term and changes value in the mind of the individual calculating it's sum. when a person begins his/her life importance is a simple mystery to solve as the person with the milk bottle or lactating boob is god. from there things get tricky.

The question is impossible to answer unless one defines what "important" means.

The important of life is not a question science can address. I don’t see how this could be quantified and measured. Science is the scientific method and these assertions could not be proved or falsified. Unless you believe the meaning of life is 42. It’s a question for philosophy or theology. It’s like arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Exactly. Scientists have no consensus on importance, so they could not answer that question. If they were to try to ask that question they would say, "What is the effect of life on the universe?" But that would basically be asking, "what is the effect of life on anything?" Since scientists can have no consensus on "anything" (since they do not know everything and thus would be thinking of different things), they could not answer that question. In fact they would find that they couldn't even come up with a consensus on what question they should be asking about life and the universe, so even if they knew the answer it would be meaningless to them.

Which is why the answer is 42.

Exactly. Scientists have no consensus on importance, so they could not answer that question. If they were to try to ask that question they would say, "What is the effect of life on the universe?" But that would basically be asking, "what is the effect of life on anything?" Since scientists can have no consensus on "anything" (since they do not know everything and thus would be thinking of different things), they could not answer that question. In fact they would find that they couldn't even come up with a consensus on what question they should be asking about life and the universe, so even if they knew the answer it would be meaningless to them.

Which is why the answer is 42.

The title of the thread is "There is no Scientific Consensus that Life is Important" but the question I am asking is in the OP is

DO YOU THINK LIFE IS IMPORTANT?
(Your personal opinions on the subject of life, not about the scientists.)

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
I can't imagine why anyone would continue to exist if they thought their life was meaningless and unimportant. Those people generally commit suicide.:2 cents:

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I can't imagine why anyone would continue to exist if they thought their life was meaningless and unimportant. Those people generally commit suicide.:2 cents:

We try.

The title of the thread is "There is no Scientific Consensus that Life is Important" but the question I am asking is in the OP is

DO YOU THINK LIFE IS IMPORTANT?
(Your personal opinions on the subject of life, not about the scientists.)

No, not really. Like Bob Dylan said: "my sense of humanity has gone down the drain..." Unlike some Islamo fascist cammel jockey though, I'm not gonna strap C4 to myself and take a bunch of people out. :D