• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

There is no Scientific Consensus that Life is Important

Is life important?

• Total voters
I wish I would've been a philosophy major.

I have a High School education, and I was an Varsity athlete who had other people do my homework for me.:banger:

Now I am just an 23 year old Army MP who reads a lot, thinks to much, and has way to much time on his hands :wave: lol

I have a High School education, and I was an Varsity athlete who had other people do my homework for me.:banger:

Now I am just an 23 year old Army MP who reads a lot, thinks to much, and has way to much time on his hands :wave: lol

You ain't gettin' shit with a liberal arts degree in philosophy. Just like 90% of all other liberal arts degrees. :mad: It's either grad school or law school, the latter which is 80 hr weeks and piss poor pay.

You ain't gettin' shit with a liberal arts degree in philosophy. Just like 90% of all other liberal arts degrees. :mad: It's either grad school or law school, the latter which is 80 hr weeks and piss poor pay.

Or there is the military. Free food and a free house :thumbsup:

And free college and free training. Just try not to get to close to any unexpected explosions.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
Big difference between the army and the Corps I guess. All I did with my free 4 hours a day was sleep.

Big difference between the army and the Corps I guess. All I did with my free 4 hours a day was sleep.

Yeah. Not everyone in the Army is a grunt like the enlisted Marines. We have a much more diverse selection of jobs, and we get to choose which one we do, as long as we test high enough for said job. The Marines don't have those luxuries, but they are also a much smaller force than the Army. The Marine corps is to the Navy as the Green Berets are to the Army, almost.

The universe is not sentient, therefore notions of importance are irrelevant. . .

Yes, I concur.

Anyway, there is no life in the universe!

The total population of the universe is zero. This is because in an infinite universe there are an infinite number of worlds, however only a finite number of these worlds are populated. Since any finite number divided by infinity is zero, this means that the total population of the universe is zero, and any people you may meet are the product of a deranged imagination.

Anyway, there is no life in the universe!

The total population of the universe is zero. This is because in an infinite universe there are an infinite number of worlds, however only a finite number of these worlds are populated. Since any finite number divided by infinity is zero, this means that the total population of the universe is zero, and any people you may meet are the product of a deranged imagination.

Interesting. So it's like the Matrix, but without the actual Matrix.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
Yeah. Not everyone in the Army is a grunt like the enlisted Marines. We have a much more diverse selection of jobs, and we get to choose which one we do, as long as we test high enough for said job. The Marines don't have those luxuries, but they are also a much smaller force than the Army. The Marine corps is to the Navy as the Green Berets are to the Army, almost.

I was an MP too until I got fapped over to another unit. I know what you mean though. We worked 16 hour swingshifts and got no time off unless we took leave. That's the Corps for ya though. They'd just as soon kill ya than let the enemy do it.

And your right, your a Marine before your anything else.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Important how?
To whom?
If every human died today then i guess its not important because there would be no one for it to be important to.
But if this means that a persons life is not important to that person, or a friend, family member well thats just not reality.
Life is important.

There is no spoon!

Ahh, but if there is no spoon it would logically follow that there are no eggs upon which various children's quasi-athletic events are based around where fun (or not) is to be had. Which in turn would mean that the entire chicken or the egg debate that has confused and infuriated many of our greatest thinkers for a millennia would be rendered entirely meaningless.

This then brings up the whole notion of fun. Now....

*universe implodes*

Darn it!

The important of life is not a question science can address. I don’t see how this could be quantified and measured. Science is the scientific method and these assertions could not be proved or falsified. Unless you believe the meaning of life is 42. It’s a question for philosophy or theology. It’s like arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Ahh, but if there is no spoon it would logically follow that there are no eggs upon which various children's quasi-athletic events are based around where fun (or not) is to be had. Which in turn would mean that the entire chicken or the egg debate that has confused and infuriated many of our greatest thinkers for a millennia would be rendered entirely meaningless.

You do know if thought about in scientific terms the answer to the chicken or the egg scenario is almost certainly the egg and has been answered for some time now? :tongue:

You do know if thought about in scientific terms the answer to the chicken or the egg scenario is almost certainly the egg and has been answered for some time now? :tongue:

I'm curious, what about this particular post lead you to believe I was at all serious?