• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Trump Presidency

Do you ...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
You write a nice narrative about American Political History (circa 1830-1880). In the end, the rebellion was quashed, the leaders paroled or pardoned, and Jim Crow held back certain citizens for almost a century. In many ways, Trumpism is an effort to rollback the progress of the past 50 years.

MLK Jr, 1963: In the 100th year of the Emancipation Proclamation, "the Negro still is not free….the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity….the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land."

They lost me at literally the first line - Attorney General William Barr, vilified witlessly and unreasonably for years by the left

I read on for a little bit, but it didn't stop being garbage, particularly when it gave credibility to the whole "Obamagate" delusion. The whole article seems to be an attempt to paint barr as some altruistic patriot who's been vilified by both sides for his pure, unshakeable principles, which we all know he's not.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
John Kass used to be a well respected columnist Whose thoughts and opinions were well thought out and intelligent. In state of Il. matters he still is. But in his quest to "follow the Constitution" he has become so outlandish that i rarely read him anymore. He is of the "You don't work, you don't eat" school of government. And while I agree that as a nation we need to take more responsibility for our actions and try to use common sense more He has gone too far.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
They lost me at literally the first line - Attorney General William Barr, vilified witlessly and unreasonably for years by the left

I read on for a little bit, but it didn't stop being garbage, particularly when it gave credibility to the whole "Obamagate" delusion. The whole article seems to be an attempt to paint Barr as some altruistic patriot who's been vilified by both sides for his pure, unshakable principles, which we all know he's not.
That precisely is the picture of Jeff Sessions. You could put both in that story. That is why the President had so much agitation against his first Attorney General. Ultimately, Jeff Sessions refused to break his oath to the Constitution, and he was fired by the President.

As for "Obamagate" and Barr's appointing of John Durham as special prosecutor, who knows if President Trump put "political pressure" on William Barr. Probably. Because if you don't conform to the President, he'll fire you. At least, with Durham, there is something in place just like they had Robert Mueller there to investigate the activities of Donald Trump, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Donald Trump, Jr. and Jared Kushner and Russian influence before Donald Trump became President. My feeling, President Trump had already fired deposed FBI Director James Comey and had his second in command, Deputy Director Andrew McCabe also fired. Actually, Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein recommended to the President to fire Comey. Sessions fired McCabe. Durham won't find anything more. The main actor (Comey) in this was already implicated.

On a grand scheme of things, I will put more emphasis on the Robert Mueller investigation than with anything that Special Prosecutor John Durham may potentially find. The reason, President Trump may not have broken the law (at that time) because he is clueless. Robert Mueller did find that President Trump may have obstructed justice but he could not pursue it any further. Attorney General William Barr made sure of that. Now certainly Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Donald Trump, Jr. and Jared Kushner did break the law when dealing with the Russians. It puts our nation's security at risk. That's why Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is concerned about the $421 million dollars in loans that the ex-President is personally liable and responsible for that come due in four years. Who is owed that? Are these to foreign businessmen and/or foreign nations? No one knows.

But for William Barr, I give him and Christopher Krebs credit for standing by ethical rules and by sticking with their principles, in finding that this election was secure, and that there were no irregularities of widespread fraud in this Presidential election. Contrary to what President Trump and his minions (Giuliani, Ellis, Powell, DiGenova and Toensing) claim in their conspiracy theories. Both of them, Barr and Krebs, were not like lemmings off the cliff (Republican House members) in proving that Donald Trump won the election which we know Trump didn't.

Last edited:
Barr is making me nervous as I can't figure out what he is up to. Redemption or?

It kind of reminds me of somebody who was a vile person his entire life and committed many horrific crimes thinking making a deathbed confession is going to make things alright and make history look on them more favorably as if that erases all the bad things they've done. For smart people this won't work on them.

Armed Mexicans Smuggled Into U.S. to Guard Trump’s Wall, Whistleblowers Say

They went so far as to build “a dirt road to expedite illegal border crossings to sites,” the complaint says

Contractors used armed Mexican security units who were illegally smuggled into the United States to guard the construction sites of Trump’s border wall, according to a complaint by two whistle-blowers.
According to the New York Times, in unsealed court documents the whistle-blowers allege that two companies, Sullivan Land Services Co. (S.L.S.) and Ultimate Concrete of El Paso (U.C.), who were awarded federal contracts, not only smuggled in armed Mexican security guards but overcharged the government for construction costs.

Additionally, the report claims that a supervisor at the Army Corps of Engineers approved Ultimate Concrete’s building of “a dirt road to expedite illegal border crossings to sites in San Diego, using construction vehicles to block security cameras.”
“This U.C.-constructed road was apparently the route by which the armed Mexican nationals were unlawfully crossing into the United States,” the whistle-blowers said in the complaint.
Sullivan Land Services Co. has been awarded more than $1.4 billion in government contracts to work on the border wall and, according to the Times, allowed its subcontractor, Ultimate Concrete, to hire the armed Mexican guards.

One of the whistle-blowers making the accusations is a former deputy sheriff in San Diego County and the other is a former F.B.I. special agent
, the report said.

The whistle-blowers also claim that bogus invoices were submitted to the federal government by Ultimate Concrete employees and that the company’s president also submitted false claims and was “hiding the full extent of his profits on the Border Wall project.”

Finally, when the concerns were brought to the Army Corps supervisor, one of the whistle-blowers claims to have been told to “stand down.”
So not only US citizens, not Mexico, is paying for the wall but they also pay for mexican security units smuggled inot the country to guard the wall

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
So not only US citizens, not Mexico, is paying for the wall but they also pay for mexican security units smuggled inot the country to guard the wall
ChuckFaze had the math all worked out and Mexico was really paying for it. :)

Corruption at its finest:
The whistle-blowers also claim that bogus invoices were submitted to the federal government by Ultimate Concrete employees and that the company’s president also submitted false claims and was “hiding the full extent of his profits on the Border Wall project.”

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
... Corruption at its finest:

The Border Wall ... also known as ... the Steve Bannon Reserve Fund :giggle:

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

"So not only US citizens, not Mexico, is paying for the wall but they also pay for mexican security units smuggled inot the country to guard the wall"

I guess you need guards if it can be cut with a Sawzall

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Firing the AG in the middle of a lame-duck presidency, less than a month before the president-elect takes office... As if you were disapointed with the policy and wanted to change it, in less than a month.
Truth is Trump is just pissed at Barr because he said there hadn't been widespread voter fraud.

Barr covered for Trump countless time. This time he did not and he was fired for that. Because Trump demands absolute loyalty from the people he works with and won't tolerate any exception.

Given the way he has conducted his entire life, I don't know why anybody would think Trump would reciprocate any loyalty people show him. For Trump loyalty is purely a one-way street to him. People that show loyalty to the clown are just pawns to be used by him and nothing more. Whether it's an attorney general or a lowly Trump cultist that only has his vote to give to him as soon as that person has no use to him Trump will discard them like so much trash. After all use has been drained from those idiots Trump has so little care for them he wouldn't bother to piss on them if they were on fire. It's hard to figure out why his followers don't see it.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Two things.
1. With The Donald like many others life is what have you done for me today. Not yesterday, not last week, TODAY. And if you don't have a good answer, out you go.
2 His followers don't see it because they don't want to see it.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Secret Service goes broke protecting Trump, family on travel (August 21, 2017)
https://defendernetwork.com/uncategorized/secret-service-goes-broke-protecting-trump-family-travel/

The Secret Service was overcharged for rent and fees every time ahole Trump went to one of his properties.
They shouldn't have paid anything, because most of those excursions were for Trump to play golf or other non-official meetings.
Ahole Trump spent most of the last four years playing golf, or having secret meetings with other corrupt republican or mafia aholes to conspire on ways to steal government money.

Status
Not open for further replies.