• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

the most overrated movies?????

AVATAR the highest grossing film of all time and a visually stunning film,apart from the visual feats it offers i dont find anything else in it.the theme,plot and i dont think it will ever be remembered for its characters.
am not saying its a bad movie iam just thinking its slightly overrated(maybe some people thinks its badly overrated)
and do yall think movies like Scarface,Rocky horror picture show getn credits way more than they deserve?????????
Share us which are all the flicks that yall think are badly overrated?flylicker

Any foreign film with subtitties ;)

anything involving michael bay...and avatar, no original ideas, just colorful visuals.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
I think GoodFellas is MUCH better than Scarface :D

Scarface (1983) just did not age well at all; not to mention all the wanna-be gangstas that worship it.Everything is so...dated. The soundtrack; the clothes, the schlock factor and the fact that it's been quoted to death. Granted; so has GoodFellas, but at least there's a shitload more great lines in it.

GoodFellas= "As far back as I could remember; I always wanted to be a gangster

Pacino's Scarface= Totally overhyped and mindlessly worshipped by "gangstas"

The Social Network and Avatar. The former was a good film in theory, I have no critiques about the performances or cinematograhy or the craft itself, but rather the whole final product's presentation: my biggest problem with it was it seemed to want to make you hate every last person on screen, and then yourself. Not exactly a winning audience experience.

As mentioned above, Avatar as well. Gorgeous film (though I sorta got tired of even that), but (1) it drags on needlessly, I was painfully aware of every minute I was watching it, (2) the story was predictable and lazy (though fuck anyone who says "they copied Pocahantas or Dances With Wolves!", those were themselves adaptations or copies, as are most films, you can't level that critique without also implying you will not be watching or praising 90% of films from here on out), (3) I hate Sam Worthington, I found his performance awful next to Weaver and the rest, (4) the characters are laughably simple stereotypes, none of whom are even well enough written to be related with or taken seriously, (5) the unrealistic ending, even in science fiction. At the end I wanted to scream in the theatre "BOMBARD THEM FROM ORBIT!" If "unobtainium" (lol stupid name) is so valuable, and bombing the hell out of the tree from the air is already ok and doesn't threaten the valuable deposits, why not nuke the surface, kill any survivors or wait for radiation to do its job, and then send down shielded mining teams? Heck, if nukes don't work, just use a shit-ton of conventional bombs, there was only like 3000 tribesmen after they gathered them from far and wide. I want to finance a sequel titled "Avatar 2: We Have More Bombs You Blue Hippies"

Forrest Gump, Titanic (hard to believe they're re-releasing this in 3D - predicting an epic fail), Pulp Fiction (not a bad film but still over-rated), Star Wars (yes I said it :D), Jurassic Park.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
The Twilight movies.

Hondarobot

Banned
Titanic and Avatar are both huge contenders for this thread. Cameron made tons of money, though, so you cant really fault him for those. At least he didn't actually produce an Aquaman movie.

Movie snob "All Time Greats" I don't like: The Godfather, and Chinatown. Coppola's only good film was Apocalypse Now (which he thought would end up being a disaster, ironically), and Roman Polanski has never made a good movie even by accident.

The most overrated theme is: Movies that rip off An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge. That's been the basis for everything from Jacob's Ladder, to Donnie Darko, to the television series Lost. It's been done already, leave the idea alone.

Oh, and anything done by M. Night Shyamalan.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Drive, I watched it to see Albert Brooks and he couldn't even make it good. I just didn't like the movie. Requim For a Dream is overrated, movies by Ang Lee like Brokeback Mountain and The Ice Storm overrated. 90% of the movies nominated for the Oscars are overrated, oh and 90% of independent films are overrated.