• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Biden Presidency

Seems like a waste, given that the last POTUS showed how powerful of a tool it can be.

Dunno. I'm sure it's useful if you're trying to put out a version of events that's not being supported anywhere else in the media or reality, but when you're fine with the actual facts being reported you probably don't need it as much.

Dunno. I'm sure it's useful if you're trying to put out a version of events that's not being supported anywhere else in the media or reality, but when you're fine with the actual facts being reported you probably don't need it as much.
Use the POTUS twitter for official tweets (which they are doing). I want him to use his personal twitter to show some personality. I think one of the reasons twump was popular is that his supporters felt that his unfiltered tweets gave an authentic view on his personality. I would like to see Biden use it in a similar way to show what he's like in an unofficial capacity. AOC might be a good example.

That's a good idea. People do like Uncle Joe. Maybe he will down the line, but he seems pretty busy at the moment.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
"Debt is a different issue though. For higher education there are plenty of financial aid programs available to needy students (i.e., scholarships, pell grants, etc.). I'm all for relief, but is complete absolution the right way? In my opinion: no. If it happens, it happens. I am pragmatic enough to believe no answer will satisfy everyone and some relief is necessary." gmase

Not sure about you or what your son's college costs are but my youngest daughter ended up with about $90,000 of debt that she got very little government help(except loans) for. We were too "rich"(income about 60-65 thousand a year). yes she when to a private college and there were other cheaper choices. But other than community colleges(which I support) they are all expensive. And she lived at home. No living expenses. My son helped her pay some of it off but she still has a lot to pay. And she is. But she took it to get her degree and knew she would have to pay it back. So I still cannot support complete loan forgiveness. Restructuring yes, wipe it away, no.

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
"Debt is a different issue though. For higher education there are plenty of financial aid programs available to needy students (i.e., scholarships, pell grants, etc.). I'm all for relief, but is complete absolution the right way? In my opinion: no. If it happens, it happens. I am pragmatic enough to believe no answer will satisfy everyone and some relief is necessary." gmase

Not sure about you or what your son's college costs are but my youngest daughter ended up with about $90,000 of debt that she got very little government help(except loans) for. We were too "rich"(income about 60-65 thousand a year). yes she when to a private college and there were other cheaper choices. But other than community colleges(which I support) they are all expensive. And she lived at home. No living expenses. My son helped her pay some of it off but she still has a lot to pay. And she is. But she took it to get her degree and knew she would have to pay it back. So I still cannot support complete loan forgiveness. Restructuring yes, wipe ikt away, no.
We are in the minority here. I agree with you 💯%. The crux is perspective. Each of my 3 have taken out skin-in-the-game loans (~20k per degree). Large public colleges in Colorado go for about $25k per annum (room, board) after a nominal academic scholarship. The remainder (25k * 4 - 20k) did not come out of thin air.

During a financial aid session when my younger daughter was a senior in high school, the presenter was painting this glorious picture of college funding. [She neglected the whole create fake athletic results though.] After it was done, we were talking with one of her friend's parents. The parent goes "We make too much to get anything, but not enough that it doesn't matter."

gmase

As for Tweeting, I am quite happy with silent Joe. He doesn't need to be a social media influencer or my friend - just get positive shit done. Unfortunately, the prior occupant turned the role into a reality competition/position.

TJ Ducklo has been my first real disappointment of Biden's presidency. I was inspired by his speech to his staff that he would instantly fire anyone caught being disrespectful to other people. Ducklo gave Biden an opportunity to live up to his word and he blew it by putting him on leave until Ducklo resigned by his own decision. We can speculate that Biden gave him the opportunity to resign or be fired, but I've always been more interested in what's clearly visible, and it looks to me like Biden didn't live up to his own standard on this one.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
As for Tweeting, I am quite happy with silent Joe. He doesn't need to be a social media influencer or my friend - just get positive shit done. Unfortunately, the prior occupant turned the role into a reality competition/position.
We have become so used to the new standard of leading by tweet, even firing top staff members, pushing the POTUS policy out, by this technique shunning the press briefings.

The new Biden administration resets the old standard, which feels like cro magnon - after four years.

Last edited:
TJ Ducklo has been my first real disappointment of Biden's presidency. I was inspired by his speech to his staff that he would instantly fire anyone caught being disrespectful to other people. Ducklo gave Biden an opportunity to live up to his word and he blew it by putting him on leave until Ducklo resigned by his own decision. We can speculate that Biden gave him the opportunity to resign or be fired, but I've always been more interested in what's clearly visible, and it looks to me like Biden didn't live up to his own standard on this one.
Yeah, I agree. "On the spot" was pretty clear. What I don't get is that he resigned "after discussions"... if he was on his way out either way, they should have gone with the firing so that Biden could use this as an example of how serious he was about it. The end result would have been the same, but at least he could have saved face.

We'll have to see what happens to the next person (you know it's going to happen).

It seems to be pretty standard practice in those type of positions, the "resign or be fired" ultimatum, usually to save the subject having to explain why they were fired. But yeah, I think the more important optics are Biden being seen to keep his word in this case.

gmase

I need to flush the past four years from memory, but it is not easy. [Cue John posting Ringo's It Don't Come Easy.]

Biden issued a quick Federal Emergency Declaration for a red state (Texas). He acted swiftly ignoring the fact that Texas brought an action to the Supreme Court in order to overturn his election.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...exas/285-f242c695-79f9-4f34-a2b2-4af680b0a4e0

“I thank President Biden for quickly issuing a Federal Emergency Declaration for Texas as we continue to respond to severe winter weather conditions throughout the state. This disaster declaration provides Texas with additional resources and assistance that will help our communities respond to this winter weather."

Biden extended the foreclosure moratorium. Anyone else think the prior occupant would have canceled it just to spite his predecessor?
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/...atorium-mortgage-forbearance-extension-469111

gmase

Hopefully the vaccines are only going to blue states ;)
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/539015-biden-to-increase-number-of-vaccine-doses-to-states

How does a red state let this happen? I thought Republicans were the exemplars of proper governance? Were they too busy trying to promulgate the Big Lie rather than preparing for emergencies?
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ator-declares-highest-state-of-emergency-amid
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...under-heavy-criticism-over-storm-preparedness

[Yes, I understand it happens in all states regardless of party affiliation. California is a good example of poor power management. If this were CA, our quiet red-leaning friends would be all over it. Just trying to share the :love:]

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

gmase, gmase, gmase. you know all this can be solved right away. Just put out big piles of coal for folks to burn. Heat and light solved. Coal jobs, solved. Pollution, Fake News Make the coal free like aid for Farmers after you tariff them out of business. Use emergency powers to pay coal companies ten times the going rate due to extreme need. You just gotta be creative.

gmase

How does a red state let this happen? I thought Republicans were the exemplars of proper governance? Were they too busy trying to promulgate the Big Lie rather than preparing for emergencies?
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ator-declares-highest-state-of-emergency-amid
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...under-heavy-criticism-over-storm-preparedness

[Yes, I understand it happens in all states regardless of party affiliation. California is a good example of poor power management. If this were CA, our quiet red-leaning friends would be all over it. Just trying to share the :love:]
... let's go to the Tweets:
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/5...nia-power-outages-resurface-amid-winter-storm

gmase, gmase, gmase. you know all this can be solved right away. Just put out big piles of coal for folks to burn. Heat and light solved. Coal jobs, solved. Pollution, Fake News Make the coal free like aid for Farmers after you tariff them out of business. Use emergency powers to pay coal companies ten times the going rate due to extreme need. You just gotta be creative.
Free coal. You are on to something. I like the idea.

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Anyone else wonder if the most Christian president in the history of the country, got ashes today? 🤷‍♂️

We know Biden did: https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...eceives-ashes-at-georgetown-for-ash-wednesday
My wife and I were discussing that very thing today and neither off us can remember him entering a church for the whole of his term. Not counting standing in front of one in clouds of tear gas holding "The Book" upside down. But he is God's choice to run America.

Last edited:
trump spent more time in Stormy Daniels than in church.

I personally couldn't care less how much time a leader spends in church, but he's the one who chose to lie about his religiosity.