• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ten years after 9/11, is America safer?

Ten years after 9/11, is America safer?

• Total voters
Right now ...infinitely safer that GWB is out of office.

I was as scared of terra when GWB was in office as a GOPer is of fiscal responsibility.

It doesn't matter how much security measures the US puts in place or how many countries it invades, it won't make the US any safer. Most people don't understand the fight against terror isn't a fight against a physical enemy but a fight against an ideology. An ideology cannot be defeated with weapons and as long as the US continues some of it's foreing policies it will continue to fuel it.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I think America is safe from a Middle Eastern terrorist threat, now it's time to watch out for North Korea, and those goons that run the banks on Wall Street, and those fat cats in Washington DC.

IMO, you could knock Obama on not flexing his muscles on domestic issues, but he has been pretty focused on flexing them on foreign policy front. He got Osama, he got the #2 guy, and more. Even hawks can't honestly argue with Libya.

I would say, yes we are safer. Things were pretty scary back then.

An ideology cannot be defeated with weapons and as long as the US continues some of it's foreing policies it will continue to fuel it.

This is true, but when you consider how woeful our security was pre 9/11 that is one area where we can be and probably are safer. Not safe enough to insure against future attacks, but safer than we were.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
And here's another grand example of how the US is much safer! US customs is very worried about a ballpoint pen (might be toxic) and the size of a shirt in a package we sent out.

Add this to the kinder eggs and bubble wrap!

Yup, the US is a much safer place today than it was 10 years ago. o_O

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Yes, because an attack like 9/11 was inevitable. If it wasn't then, it would of been 2, 3, 5 or 6 years later. And it hasn't happened since, purely down to security factors we see daily, and likelyhood is it probably won't happen again on anything close to that scale.

Research points to this statement being entirely false. Read Robert Pape's Dying to Win. Here's a quote from its Wikipedia page:
Based on an analysis of every known case of suicide terrorism from 1980 to 2003 (315 attacks as part of 18 campaigns), he concludes that there is "little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world’s religions... . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland"

Somewhere in his conclusion, if I remember correctly, Pape states that the 9/11 attacks were something like twenty times more likely to happen because of American presence in the region since the 1980's.

on the subject of 9/11.....

Not to be anti-American or unPatriotic or political, but remembering 9/11 shouldn't be some hokum pump-up bullshit about "supporting our cause" or championing freedom.

When 9/11 happened our Freedom or Liberty wasn't at risk..............ever.
The victims of those attacks were unfortunate collateral damage; they weren't the intended targets.
So WHAT was the target? What was under attack on 9/11?
It wasn't the American people, so why do we think that we're fighting for liberty, justice, and 'freedom' with 9/11?

IMG_0049.JPG

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I don't think so because what happened could happen again,something not
like 9/11,but via a totally different method altogether.

But with improvements made in air security since then,something like 9/11
will never likely happen although the US will always have to remain on guard
and not let things slip :)

Mayhem

Banned
And here's another grand example of how the US is much safer! US customs is very worried about a ballpoint pen (might be toxic) and the size of a shirt in a package we sent out.

Add this to the kinder eggs and bubble wrap!

Yup, the US is a much safer place today than it was 10 years ago. o_O

Please send the link to how one might purchase this poisonous ballpoint pen you speak of. Y'see, I have this neighbor who...........it's a gift. A gift I tells ya. :shy:

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Please send the link to how one might purchase this poisonous ballpoint pen you speak of. Y'see, I have this neighbor who...........it's a gift. A gift I tells ya. :shy:

Haha! Look in the myFO store and you can have access to all the ballpoint pens you like.

Unfortunately, we can't wrap it in bubble wrap or add a freeones napkin because you know, we'd make ourselves a threat to the US. :rolleyes:

Haha! Look in the myFO store and you can have access to all the ballpoint pens you like.

Unfortunately, we can't wrap it in bubble wrap or add a freeones napkin because you know, we'd make ourselves a threat to the US. :rolleyes:

How dare you even try to send a napkin to the U.S.A.? We like our fat faces covered in condiments, thank you very fucking much.

With our southern border still porous and we are about double the amount in debt as we were in 2001, it really depends on how you define "safe." We have our own government spending money they don't have to spy on it's own citizens, while letting anyone and everyone into the country.

Debt and lack of respect for basic Constitutional rights will bring us down much faster than any enemy every could in their wildest dreams. :2 cents: