• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ten years after 9/11, is America safer?

Ten years after 9/11, is America safer?

• Total voters
not at all, i recently went to the usa, and the border guard only asked where i was going, and for how long, and then i went on my merry way, i could have easily smuggled drugs or weapons across the border

Right now ...infinitely safer that GWB is out of office.

I was as scared of terra when GWB was in office as a GOPer is of fiscal responsibility.

This!

We're only safer against terrorists using airplanes as missiles. We're not safer against a lot of other ways to attack us.

And we're certainly more despised TODAY than we were pre-9/11....

this question sounds easy to answer, but it can go either way

all things put together i would say both yes and no. the National Security measures, whatever you think of them, that Bush instituted and Obama has continued most of them have helped keep the US safe from attacks within. Without those policies alot of terror plots being hatched within couldnt have been broken up. One of the big reasons 9/11 happend was becuase the Intel agencies were in shambles and not communicating with one another, unfortunately it took a massive attack on the US to bring them back working together. As for the recent misses, i dont put the blame on Obama, i blame Sec. Napolitano for her incompetence, she is really lucky the people sent to excecute the plans were to terrorism what a 3rd string QB is to NFL teams. Which brings me to another part of national security, the southern border which neither party can say theyve done a good job on. This is one part where bad guys can strike from anytime they desire, they can sneak their drugs in easily, whats to stop others from doing worst. The border has to be addressed honestly and without injecting hardcore politics into the debate for the issue to be dealt with honestly.

My :2 cents: is this...
I am tired of hearing about this stuff every year ONE DAY before my birthday! Yes, it was horrible but enough already! Yes America is safer, because America is smarter! I think if America would have been more smarter, 9-11 would have never happened!

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
With our southern border still porous and we are about double the amount in debt as we were in 2001, it really depends on how you define "safe." We have our own government spending money they don't have to spy on it's own citizens, while letting anyone and everyone into the country.

Debt and lack of respect for basic Constitutional rights will bring us down much faster than any enemy every could in their wildest dreams. :2 cents:

C'mon,, the boarder stops 40-60 miles from the boarder make America much, much, much more safe!

Bin Laden and his ilk said they hated merika because it put troops in muslim countries, backed dictatorships and helped Israel steal Palestinian land.

The US has managed to continue all three of those things on an even larger scale. I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say they are more inclined to want to attack than ever before. That's just a wild guess though.

The cash invested into the national security state has nothing to do with preventing another attack. It's just the military, corporate vultures and politicians working in concert to ride the gravy train and exert control over an easily coerced public. Even if it was designed for that purpose it's shown to be completely ineffective (times square bomber, underwear bomber, fort hood shooting).

American's biggest obstacle to preventing another attack is their government.

BULL. We were getting MORE Islamic attacks in the decade prior when we weren't as involved in the Middle East.

The American response to 9/11 and the Arab Spring have discredited Islamic terrorism.