• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Teachers Have The Right to Sleep With Their Students, Says Alabama Judge

An Alabama law barring teachers from having sex with their students was ruled unconstitutional Thursday by a state judge who also dismissed charges against two instructors who were facing 20 years behind bars for sleeping with students.

Judge Glenn Thompson dismissed charges against a former high school teacher, Carrie Witt, 44, and David Solomon, 27, a former aide at a different school.

Under state law, school employees “engaging in a sex act or deviant sexual intercourse with a student,” even if consensual, face not only possible jail time but also a lifetime on the sex offender registry.

Witt was accused of sleeping with two students, aged 17 and 18, respectively. Solomon was accused of having sex with a 17-year-old. But their lawyers argued that Alabama’s law — passed in 2010 — violates teachers’ equal protection rights guaranteed under the 14th Amendment, because it treats educators differently under the law than other citizens.

For example, other adults having consensual sex with teenagers over 16, the age of consent, don’t face criminal charges. On the flip side, prosecutors say that because teachers have special disciplinary and authoritative powers, sexual relations with students is inherently coercive, and the law is designed to protect students in an educational environment.

But the existing statute doesn’t account for nuances in the student-teacher relationship, according to the judge, AL.com reported. Thompson referred to other state laws, including in Texas, Arkansas and Kansas, which specifically examine whether a teacher abused their position of power in their sexual relations with students.

Prosecutors plan to appeal Thompson’s ruling, local media reported, and next stop for the case will likely be the Alabama Criminal Court of Appeals. Whoever loses in that court can appeal to the State Supreme Court to either safeguard the law, or have it amended.

Other states’ laws criminalizing sex between students and teachers have also fallen under legal scrutiny. In 2012, Arkansas’ Supreme Court ruled that students over the age of 18 had a constitutional right to engage in a consensual sexual relationship with their teacher.

Conversely, two years earlier, Washington state’s Supreme Court ruled that it’s illegal for a school employee to engage in a sexual relationship with a student, even if the student is 18 and considered an adult under all other state laws.
https://news.vice.com/story/teachers-have-the-right-to-sleep-with-their-students-alabama-judge-rules

Should teachers be treated differently than other citizens?

That last line about it being illegal in WA to engage in sex with an 18 year old is ridiculous.

And them, the same people are the ones who gonna pretend that gays are pedophiles :brick:

And them, the same people are the ones who gonna pretend that gays are pedophiles :brick:
The gays have some weird ways of hooking up. Last week I was driving back from Charleston and got tired and stopped at a hotel to get a room and they were sold out.
I told the clerk I would catch a nap in my car if that was ok, and she said no problem.
About 20 minutes later I am sitting there listening to the radio about to nod off and some dude in his 20's or 30's walked up and tries to strike up a conversation.

I am thinking at first that he has car trouble or something but he starts rambling about his "lifestyle" and he catches a lot of shit for being a gay male.

I think to myself this homo is trying to make a hookup.

Anyway I tell him , what he is looking for isn't available here with me and he looks all insulted and walks off.

A guy can't even catch a nap in his car without some gay trying to hit on him.
So yeah, the lifestyle can be weird and is why they get a bad name, deservedly or not.

gumbosoup

Banned
back in minot ND I got my first pussy from a girl relaxing to music in a car. she was a bit heavy but she was a sperm gobbler

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
So if a man or woman has sex with a person of legal age in a state that is not illegal.
But if the man or woman is a teacher they can get 20 years?

Thats stupid.

Should they be fired from the job? Probably.
Jail. No.

The gays have some weird ways of hooking up.
I am thinking at first that he has car trouble or something but he starts rambling about his "lifestyle" and he catches a lot of shit for being a gay male.
I think to myself this homo is trying to make a hookup.
Anyway I tell him , what he is looking for isn't available here with me and he looks all insulted and walks off.
My guess is he wan't trying to hook-up with you, that's why he felt insulted.
Freud would have a lot ot say about you thinking some gay man is trying to hook-up with you while he's not...

Alabama has a student-teacher sex problem
http://nypost.com/2017/06/22/alabama...r-sex-problem/

Alabama has highest rate of teacher-student sex, former top education official says
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...nation_fo.html

That's weird. Alabama is one of the most Republican state in the country. I thought the Republicans were in favor of family and moral values, I thought the liberals were the pedophiles...
:suspicious:

In 2012, Arkansas’ Supreme Court ruled that students over the age of 18 had a constitutional right to engage in a consensual sexual relationship with their teacher.
Again, one the most Republican state in the country...

Freud would have a lot ot say about you thinking some gay man is trying to hook-up with you while he's not...

That's weird. Alabama is one of the most Republican state in the country. I thought the Republicans were in favor of family and moral values, I thought the liberals were the pedophiles...

Well, your ass is over in France and you weren't there.

And yes, he was hinting, there was absolutely no reason to bring up his orientation to a stranger in a parking lot within 5 minutes of starting a conversation.

As a matter of fact I went inside and mentioned it to the clerk when I grabbed a bottle of water, and she acknowledged that there had been a few problems with that very thing. She apologized for not warning me .

No wories Pepe, I'm not harboring any unresolved homoerotic fantasies.

Although Freud would have plenty to say about your fixation with white conservative American men.

Is there something you want to tell us?

gumbosoup

Banned
I be confused- is pepe the parking lot ped or the parking lot dater.
Public schools should have rules from above. Private not
private govern own rules on above issue

Although Freud would have plenty to say about your fixation with white conservative American men.

Is there something you want to tell us?
Actually I have a fixation over conservatives, both men and women.

I have nothing but disdain for people like you, Jeff Sessions, Joni Ernst or Ann Coulter

Sorry, I'm not "available" for you...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

Too many liberals in places they shouldn't be in Arkansas.