• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Swedes Talk Thread.

*makes special shower rooms*

What? I thought it was fitting for the blonde hair, blue eyes Swede thread.... :dunno:

:tongue:

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
I'm reading the posts and they sound like Americans bitching about other Americans. I guess we're not all that different. :tongue:

according to my danish mom, all the rest of scandinavia hates the swedes for being neutral in WWII while the other countries were fighting either the nazis or russians

Here's what happened to those courageous and honourable Vikings when they came raping and pillaging over here in the UK. Apparently undefended monasteries were their favourite targets bacuse of the silver-chalices, gold crosses and bejewelled books. I guess what happened to these guys is no less than they deserved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...apitated-Viking-skeletons-Weymouth-ditch.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8563377.stm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/vi...pos=Latest+Video_4&videoCategory=Latest+Video

according to my danish mom, all the rest of scandinavia hates the swedes for being neutral in WWII while the other countries were fighting either the nazis or russians

Norway also attempted to remain Neutral but were dragged into the conflict over the Altmark incident where a German ship tried to pass through Norwegian waters with British prisoners on board, the Norwegians searched the ship and claimed to find nothing so the British decided to conduct their own search and found the prisoners much to Norways annoyance (they had lucrative trade deals with both Britain and Germany). Hitler saw that Norway couldn't retain its neutrality and decided to invade thus securing the iron ore mines in Sweden through Narvik as well as having a base closer to Britain to attack from and incorporating more Aryans, this was further shown through the policy of Lebonsborn where German soldiers were encouraged to have children with Nordic women, although these women and children were ostracised following the war (Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad of ABBA was one).

Sweden violated its own neurality by supplying Finnish troops against the Russians and allowing German soldiers access through Swedish territory as well as exporting iron ore to the Germans. According to British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, Sweden during World War II ignored the greater moral issues and played both sides for profit. However in their defence thay saved more Jews than any other country and living next door to Hitler could have been slightly intimidating.

No. It was the Danes who gave Hitler growth in WWII (someone pleas correct me if I'm wrong)

such history buffs on here. off topic but are there any black people in sweden?

Joachim Noah maybe? :dunno: I know he's half Swede (on the mum's side) but he's also more recent.

As for Finland, a country that has Sako that makes some of the best mass production rifles in the world can't be all bad.

Facetious

Moderated
Here's what happened to those courageous and honourable Vikings when they came raping and pillaging over here in the UK. Apparently undefended monasteries were their favourite targets bacuse of the silver-chalices, gold crosses and bejewelled books. I guess what happened to these guys is no less than they deserved.

f_3cpwxsefp74m_75b9959.jpg

You wanna see a king crab mutha f-ah?

Stay out of my wheelhouse! \:mad:/

:1orglaugh

Norway also attempted to remain Neutral but were dragged into the conflict over the Altmark incident where a German ship tried to pass through Norwegian waters with British prisoners on board, the Norwegians searched the ship and claimed to find nothing so the British decided to conduct their own search and found the prisoners much to Norways annoyance (they had lucrative trade deals with both Britain and Germany). Hitler saw that Norway couldn't retain its neutrality and decided to invade thus securing the iron ore mines in Sweden through Narvik as well as having a base closer to Britain to attack from and incorporating more Aryans, this was further shown through the policy of Lebonsborn where German soldiers were encouraged to have children with Nordic women, although these women and children were ostracised following the war (Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad of ABBA was one).

Sweden violated its own neurality by supplying Finnish troops against the Russians and allowing German soldiers access through Swedish territory as well as exporting iron ore to the Germans. According to British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, Sweden during World War II ignored the greater moral issues and played both sides for profit. However in their defence thay saved more Jews than any other country and living next door to Hitler could have been slightly intimidating.

In their defence, Sweden's peaceful neutralism served to protect their own citizens from the ravages of war. It's a proven policy that's worked for them for a couple of centuries now. It's part of the reason that this tiny population of 9 million has managed to prosper and return a quality of life that is close to the highest in the world.

Sweden's position in WWII was far from clear-cut.

To the south and west, Britain was becoming increasingly irritated by the vitally important Swedish iron ore trade to German industry, because of how it would impact in what was beginning to look like an inevitable conflict. The Allies had openly considered invading Norway in order to blockade the region. A central motive behind the German invasion of Denmark and Norway was to pre-empt Allied plans to take the region first to preserve the security of the supply.

To the east, Sweden saw another Scandinavian country being invaded by the expansionist power. This time it was the Soviet Union, which had basically been given license to swallow up the Baltic States and Finland by Germany in the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact of non-aggression. The Soviets were greatly censured by the Allies for this, but when relations soured between the Soviet Union and Germany, Finland sided with Nazi Germany so they could fully liberate their own country of the Soviets. Britain declared war on Finland for siding with Germany, and America started providing assistance to the Soviets, before that crystallised into a full alliance. However, Finland would later end up fighting Germany in the Lapland conflict too.

It ought to be clear that both the Axis and Allies had designs on the region, sometimes friendly and sometimes hostile to individual Scandinavian nations, depending on how it suited their wider global plans. So it's quite unfair to claim that Sweden should have gone to war with Germany out of Scandinavian loyalty. Equally unfair is to claim their neutralism was done for profit. Put simply, no-one directly aggressed against them, so they didn't attack anyone either. In doing so, they endured the war without taking much in the way of casualties, while many of the nations around them were shattered.