• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Survey: Republicans Trust Fox News And Nothing Else

Love 'em or hate 'em, for a cable news show their ratings are very good. I for one don't have cable because it costs too damn much. And even when I did I only watched my local news anyway. And their are just as many CNN puppets out there as FOX puppets.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
No one is claiming that CNN is some great bastion of quality programming. Sam, on the other hand, claims that Fox News has great programming because they have more viewers. You don't see the problem here, or are you just being deliberately obstinate because you somehow agree with that absurd notion?

xfire

You don't have to be a viewer to understand that number of viewers doesn't equate quality.

You don't have to be a viewer to understand that number of viewers doesn't equate quality.

God damn dude. You're obsessed with something so insignificant. Let it go. Who really gives a fuck who watches what on television. Sheesh!

I agree. Fox News gets the highest ratings but that doesn't mean that it's also the best in terms of quality. Ratings and quality are two separate things.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Actually, popularity in the news business does equate to quality. More people tune in to Fox News than the other three cable channels combined. Which means more revenue for Fox, and better guests from both sides of the political fence.

Yes, more revenue for News Corp., because they can charge higher ad rates with higher viewership. That allows them to give people like Sarah P@lin a show or make people like Victoria Jackson and Wayne Rogers paid contributors on Fox Business News. :facepalm: But since guests are not paid (unless that's divulged), no, more revenue (which by definition is quantitative, not qualitative) doesn't mean "better" guests. That is a purely subjective conclusion, likely based on your own biases.

If you want to see a (truly) deep dive into an issue, try watching one of the Intelligence Squared debates on Bloomberg. There won't be any of the Fox style screaming & shouting or hand waving. And if someone tries to sneak in a falsehood, they'll likely be called on it and will lose points for unnecessary hyperbole or lying. For many people, this show wouldn't be sufficiently "entertaining"... might be sort of dry. But there will be people on both sides of an issue who will engage in a proper, data driven debate... not an emotional, hyperbolic argument (passing for a debate).

No, my bloodshot friend, Sam is the one that's going to have to do better than claiming that popularity = quality. I was illustrating how stupid that notion is. Come on, man, use your brain to decipher an inductive argument.

^^^ He is correct.

xfire

God damn dude. You're obsessed with something so insignificant. Let it go. Who really gives a fuck who watches what on television. Sheesh!

Why are you making bogus claims then retreating when the bullshit is pointed out?

I get tired of both MSNBC (MSLSD) and FoxNews (FauxNews) with all their spin. I even detect it on CNN sometimes. I just want the news, let me interpret.

I guess once you get humans involved, they spin.

I've always found it interesting how people often equate popularity to quality. Not to pick on Fox, but people who like the channel seem to use its ratings as a basis for arguing that it is a high(er) quality source of news. And yet, one of the most popular celebs in America is Kim Kard@shian. The most popular racing driver at Indy and in the IRL is Danica P@trick. Would anyone here really want to argue that these two wastes of skin & bones represents quality in any sense of the word?

Whether Fox is good or bad, I don't know. But I just find it curious how its fans use the popularity of the channel as any sign of whether its news is valid or accurate.

The popularity of Fox news speaks to the fact that the masses are very fucking stupid. Fox's slogan should be "Fox News, the number one news for morons"

Fox Continues 39 Quarter Run On Top Cable News Ratings, Is Fifth Most Watched Cable Network In Primetime

Fox News Continues To Lead Cable News Ratings

For the third quarter of 2011 Fox News kept up its run at the top of the cable news viewership rankings in Total Day and Primetime for the 39th quarter in a row, topping CNN and MSNBC combined and total viewers in both time periods. Every Fox News program was #1 in its timeslot in total viewership and adults 25-54 and beat the hours combined competition from CNN and MSNBC.

Fox News was the fifth most watched cable network overall during primetime in total viewership for the quarter while MSNBC was #26, CNN was #29 and HLN was #30.

Individual shows also saw gains. Shepard Smith's The Fox Report was up 7% in viewership and 5% in adults 25-54 vs. Q3 2010. Red Eye had its highest quarter ever in both total viewership and adults 25-54. FOX & Friends increased 4% in total viewership and 9% in adults 25-54. Newcomer The Five was #6 among all cable news shows without a household name on its marquee and is within shouting distance of The Glenn Beck Show that it replaced. It wasn't on in Q3 2010, but is up 9% in total viewership and 17% among adults 25-54 in September compared to its first month (July).

For the quarter the top five cable news programs in total viewership were The O’Reilly Factor (2,886,000); Hannity (2,065,000); Special Report (1,865,000); On the Record (1,738,000); and FOX Report (1,673,000), and the top five cable news programs in adults 25-54 were The O’Reilly Factor (633,000); Hannity (512,000); On the Record (432,000); The O’Reilly Factor repeat (400,000); and FOX Report (399,000).

Q3’11 RATINGS (6/27-9/25/11)

PRIMETIME:
FNC: 1,894,000 in viewers (440,000 in adults 25-54)
MSNBC: 756,000 in viewers (244,000 in adults 25-54)
CNN: 676,000 in viewers (221,000 in adults 25-54)
HLN: 669,000 in viewers (189,000 in adults 25-54)

TOTAL DAY:
FNC: 1,077,000 in viewers (280,000 in adults 25-54)
CNN: 475,000 in viewers (158,000 in adults 25-54)
HLN: 450,000 in viewers (149,000 in adults 25-54)
MSNBC: 428,000 in viewers (149,000 in adults 25-54)

Nielsen Cable Network Coverage Estimates (as of July, 2011)

CNN/HLN: 101.12 million HHs

CNBC: 98.62 million HHs

FNC: 99.15 million HHs

MSNBC: 95.72 million HHs

Fox Business: 58.15 million HHs

Nielsen TV Ratings Data: ©2011 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...st-watched-cable-network-in-primetime/105093/

It has been proven that Fox News watchers are the most ill informed among TV news viewers. I guess it's because if you state your position, even if it can be proven as incorrect, with such strong conviction, some people will take it as fact.

:1orglaugh It's been proven? By whom? What study? Where are these proven results? Good god, if you're going to throw out an asinine comment like this, PLEASE have something to back this nonsense up.

xfire

There you go again, Sam. You can take Hannity's cock out of your mouth.

Well..

Democrats/Liberals have their television news choices between:
:NBC Nightly News
:CBS Evening News
:ABC World News
:CNN
:MSNBC
:pBS

Republican/Conservatives have their television news choices between:
:Fox News

So why is it any surprise that most republicans watch Fox News, and most Democrats watch the other six major news channels?

Not sure what you mean by "choices". Do you mean unbiased?

I would think that CNN is a good source no matter what point of view your're coming from.

I think Fox is great. I'm a big fan of Joe Buck and the whole Griffin Family (well, not Meg).