• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Survey: Republicans Trust Fox News And Nothing Else

...and Fox never covered up for Bush? They never promoted the republicans?

Hey! Wait! I have an idea! Smart people could always distance themselves from such media outlets and make informed decisions by themselves, by looking at multiple sources - some of which actually require a person to read words - rather than listen to some face-reddening blow hard.
But I guess being smart is too hard.

For the Republicans it is too hard. They are the anti-intellectual party. It's one reason why Jon Huntsman never had a chance in getting elected

I think most sensible people get their info from the Internet today anyway. Screw all the MSM networks, they're all bad and all have an agenda. I like Piers Morgan, Erin Burnett on CNN and I like Neil Cavuto on Fox the best (O'Reilly has become increasingly crass and vulgar in his approach to guests I can't stomach it much more. Plus his vilification of Dr. Paul has been nothing short of appalling). Other than those individuals, I have little use for any of the networks anymore.

Should say I also enjoy Joe Scrabrough on MSNBC.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I quit watching MSNBC when they fired Keith Olbermann. As for Fox News, it's a great source of comedy and drama.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I've always found it interesting how people often equate popularity to quality. Not to pick on Fox, but people who like the channel seem to use its ratings as a basis for arguing that it is a high(er) quality source of news. And yet, one of the most popular celebs in America is Kim Kard@shian. The most popular racing driver at Indy and in the IRL is Danica P@trick. Would anyone here really want to argue that these two wastes of skin & bones represents quality in any sense of the word?

Whether Fox is good or bad, I don't know. But I just find it curious how its fans use the popularity of the channel as any sign of whether its news is valid or accurate.

I've always found it interesting how people often equate popularity to quality. Not to pick on Fox, but people who like the channel seem to use its ratings as a basis for arguing that it is a high(er) quality source of news.
Actually, popularity in the news business does equate to quality. More people tune in to Fox News than the other three cable channels combined. Which means more revenue for Fox, and better guests from both sides of the political fence.

Actually, popularity in the news business does equate to quality. More people tune in to Fox News than the other three cable channels combined. Which means more revenue for Fox, and better guests from both sides of the political fence.
So ABC, NBC, and CBS must have the best quality.

xfire

Those Fox News numbers are inflated due to the GOP debates, btw. Here's another interesting, and hilarious set of stats-

Jon Stewart Crushes Fox News In The 2011 Ratings

By losing 9% of their audience in 2011, Fox News’ prime time lineup now averages fewer viewers than Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show.

According to TVNewser, Fox News averaged 1.868 million total viewers in prime time compared to 2.3 million for The Daily Show.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/jon-stewart-fox-2011-ratings

Ratings for 1-12-2012

NBC Nightly News- 9,261,000
ABC World News- 8,292,000
CBS Evening News- 7,010,000
Fox News- 2,250,000

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/category/evening-news-ratings
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/ar...ere/Fox-News-earns-easy-New-Hampshire-win.asp
Of course those numbers are going to look that way when ABC, NBC and CBS are free of charge.

And haven't they declined by something like 400% since several decades ago?

C'mon man, you can do better than that.

xfire

No, my bloodshot friend, Sam is the one that's going to have to do better than claiming that popularity = quality. I was illustrating how stupid that notion is. Come on, man, use your brain to decipher an inductive argument.

Fox News Continues To Lead Cable News Ratings

For the third quarter of 2011 Fox News kept up its run at the top of the cable news viewership rankings in Total Day and Primetime for the 39th quarter in a row, topping CNN and MSNBC combined and total viewers in both time periods. Every Fox News program was #1 in its timeslot in total viewership and adults 25-54 and beat the hours combined competition from CNN and MSNBC.Fox News was the fifth most watched cable network overall during primetime in total viewership for the quarter while MSNBC was #26, CNN was #29 and HLN was #30.

Individual shows also saw gains. Shepard Smith's The Fox Report was up 7% in viewership and 5% in adults 25-54 vs. Q3 2010. Red Eye had its highest quarter ever in both total viewership and adults 25-54. FOX & Friends increased 4% in total viewership and 9% in adults 25-54. Newcomer The Five was #6 among all cable news shows without a household name on its marquee and is within shouting distance of The Glenn Beck Show that it replaced. It wasn't on in Q3 2010, but is up 9% in total viewership and 17% among adults 25-54 in September compared to its first month (July).

For the quarter the top five cable news programs in total viewership were The O’Reilly Factor (2,886,000); Hannity (2,065,000); Special Report (1,865,000); On the Record (1,738,000); and FOX Report (1,673,000), and the top five cable news programs in adults 25-54 were The O’Reilly Factor (633,000); Hannity (512,000); On the Record (432,000); The O’Reilly Factor repeat (400,000); and FOX Report (399,000).

Q3’11 RATINGS (6/27-9/25/11)

PRIMETIME:
FNC: 1,894,000 in viewers (440,000 in adults 25-54)
MSNBC: 756,000 in viewers (244,000 in adults 25-54)
CNN: 676,000 in viewers (221,000 in adults 25-54)
HLN: 669,000 in viewers (189,000 in adults 25-54)

TOTAL DAY:
FNC: 1,077,000 in viewers (280,000 in adults 25-54)
CNN: 475,000 in viewers (158,000 in adults 25-54)
HLN: 450,000 in viewers (149,000 in adults 25-54)
MSNBC: 428,000 in viewers (149,000 in adults 25-54)

:D

xfire

Who gives a shit about cable, Sam? Not everyone has access to it, as Bloodshot Scott so eloquently posted above. Thanks for bolstering my argument, though unintentionally, B-S-S.

No, my bloodshot friend, Sam is the one that's going to have to do better than claiming that popularity = quality. I was illustrating how stupid that notion is. Come on, man, use your brain to decipher an inductive argument.

Who gives a shit about cable, Sam? Not everyone has access to it, as Bloodshot Scott so eloquently posted above. Thanks for bolstering my argument, though unintentionally, B-S-S.

But you cannot deny the dinosaurs have declined exponentially. Especially in this Internet age. I am not going to dig for stats but this is a fact.

xfire

If that was the premise then it would matter, but it's not. Fox News declined 9% in 2011, which hurts Sam's premise that Fox = quality because of quantity of viewers.

Who gives a shit about cable, Sam?
Because the OP's topic WAS about cable news.
Survey: Republicans Trust Fox News And Nothing Else
You yourself said you stopped watching MSNBC (cable) after they fired Olberman.

xfire

And then you turned it into a popularity contest. I don't recall a rider that specified we had to limit the discussion to cable. As such, Fox News crowing about being #1 is false advertising, they're not "the most popular" nor have the most viewers.