• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Survey: Republicans Trust Fox News And Nothing Else

Even thought the networks have picked sides that doesnt mean that the view is limited I bounce back an forth between diffrent points of views from radio host Rush Limbuagh to TV commentary from Keith Oberman. Fox isnt my first choice but I do watch it.

Not much of it is belivable no matter which side its coming from but its entertaining non the less.

Listen to both sides and form your own opinion thats what I say.

I'm a liberal and don't just watch MSNBC. I will say that I do watch mostly MSNBC but I also watch CNN and NBC Nightly News. I do watch Fox News just because I like to hear what the other side has to say and I like some shows on there like The Five and Red Eye

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
tumblr_ly0i4bk_Lbv1qz8x31o1_500.png

As a former republican, I will say I don't trust any of the major media outlets to be honest with me. I will watch (or read online) the same news story 4-5 times and then decide which version gave me the least amount of bullshit. I can understand republicans leaning towards fox news however. Especially after incidents like Dan Rather's forged document scandal and every word that comes out of Chris Matthews mouth. It's only natural for people to support others who believe as they do.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
FYI: Your source, Public Policy Polling, is affiliated with the Democratic party. So OF COURSE that's gonna be their conclusion. Gee whiz. :facepalm:
Kudos to looking at the background of the source. But, you shouldn't discredit it on that basis alone.

If you take a look at the raw numbers, the OP's title's conclusion is accurate: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_01171.pdf (see page 11 for the relevant table).

No particular skew, either: poll shows 8% very liberal, 20% somewhat liberal, 27% moderate, 25% somewhat conservative, 19% very conservative. And on the party front: 41% Democrat, 35% Republican, 24% other. So the distribution's pretty good.

I think most sensible people get their info from the Internet today anyway. Screw all the MSM networks, they're all bad and all have an agenda. I like Piers Morgan, Erin Burnett on CNN and I like Neil Cavuto on Fox the best (O'Reilly has become increasingly crass and vulgar in his approach to guests I can't stomach it much more. Plus his vilification of Dr. Paul has been nothing short of appalling). Other than those individuals, I have little use for any of the networks anymore.

Well..

Democrats/Liberals have their television news choices between:
:NBC Nightly News
:CBS Evening News
:ABC World News
:CNN
:MSNBC
:pBS

Republican/Conservatives have their television news choices between:
:Fox News

So why is it any surprise that most republicans watch Fox News, and most Democrats watch the other six major news channels?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Kudos to looking at the background of the source. But, you shouldn't discredit it on that basis alone.

If you take a look at the raw numbers, the OP's title's conclusion is accurate: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_01171.pdf (see page 11 for the relevant table).

No particular skew, either: poll shows 8% very liberal, 20% somewhat liberal, 27% moderate, 25% somewhat conservative, 19% very conservative. And on the party front: 41% Democrat, 35% Republican, 24% other. So the distribution's pretty good.

Excellent observation. :thumbsup: If the sample pretty well mirrors the overall population, then no matter the source, the results should be the same whether it's NewsMax asking the question or The Young Turks (unless some other sort of bias has been introduced).

Not to pick on Cindy, but he pretty much made the point that was in the OP: people have a tendency to look at the source before deciding whether to believe something or not. You should look at the data for validity, not just look at the source and assume that it's valid (or invalid).

Well..

So why is it any surprise that most republicans watch Fox News, and most Democrats watch the other six major news channels?

It's not really a surprise because we've long known this. It's just that at least we have numbers now to back it up

C

cindy CD/TV

You should look at the data for validity, not just look at the source and assume that it's valid (or invalid).

Hi, Rey C!
The funny thing is that very same statement could apply to Fox. Many people discount the network as being "biased" without actually considering its content. Catherine Herridge and Jennifer Griffin and Shepard Smith are outstanding talent without any discernable agendas. I also like Cavuuto. Avoid Hannity!! If you're a fiscal conservative, Fox is the only real fair cable TV outlet.

And also, Red Eye is a scream! :rofl: I can't believe it's lasted so long.

It has been proven that Fox News watchers are the most ill informed among TV news viewers. I guess it's because if you state your position, even if it can be proven as incorrect, with such strong conviction, some people will take it as fact.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Well, count me in the minority. As far as my news goes I prefer FOX. I like the format of my local show and the hosts. Where do get my opinions from? Right here at my finger tips. Avoid the opinions of others and try to get more facts. Many times my opinion is simply I don't know. I need to learn more. Is that okay?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Hi, Rey C!
The funny thing is that very same statement could apply to Fox. Many people discount the network as being "biased" without actually considering its content. Catherine Herridge and Jennifer Griffin and Shepard Smith are outstanding talent without any discernable agendas. I also like Cavuuto. Avoid Hannity!! If you're a fiscal conservative, Fox is the only real fair cable TV outlet.

And also, Red Eye is a scream! :rofl: I can't believe it's lasted so long.

Hey, how are ya?

Yes, this is true. That's why one should fact check things that are seen on ANY news outlet. And these days, that is so easy.

As for Fox News being a good destination for fiscal conservatives/fiscal libertarians, I've not found it to be any better than say, CNBC. CNBC has Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, Larry Kudlow, Brian Sullivan (who I think used to be on Fox, and then Bloomberg before that), Joe Kernen and of course, the (in)famous Rick Santelli. Those are just the fiscal conservatives/libertarians at CNBC that come to mind right now. Bloomberg's anchors and personalities tend to be less apparent about their own views. So other than maybe Carol Massar, if they have political biases, I've never been able to detect them in their reporting. But Matt Miller is not just a sharp, entertaining and quick witted anchor, he is also a pretty sincere fiscal conservative. I'm somewhat acquainted with Miller, so I'm maybe a little more aware of his views than many. But he doesn't talk out of his ass on rants and he doesn't wear it on his sleeve, as do most of the Fox personalities that I'm aware of... or say, Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, Santelli or Joe Kernen. Too much bluster from those kids for my liking. Give me the data. I'll come to my own conclusions. That's why I tend to prefer CNBC and especially Bloomberg.

Of the ones mentioned above, I can't say that any of them impress me all that much these days (NBC Nightly News, CBS Evening News, ABC World News, CNN, MSNBC, PBS (although the News Hour is still one of the best news programs on television - I do miss McNeil/Lehrer though... and Paul Kangas on The Nightly Business Report :() or Fox News.

I don't spend very much time at all getting general news from any of the TV outlets anymore. Like many, I primarily rely on various sites on the internet. If I'm watching any sort of TV news, it's probably financial news and I have Bloomberg and/or CNBC on.

Well..

That.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
You yanks are lucky you don't have to put up with the BBC spouting constant nonsense.
If they're not encouraging people to convert to Islam or riot and overthrow the British government in order to install a heathen Communist dictatorship then they're telling parents to encourage their children to be gay so they won't have any kids before marriage.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
if its true its because they can't stand the blatant promotion of the democratic party and the ass kissing and defense of the current PREZ regardless of anything.
The reason the writers of the constitution put in freedom of the press was to keep the GOV in check, not promote and cover up for one party

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
if its true its because they can't stand the blatant promotion of the democratic party and the ass kissing and defense of the current PREZ regardless of anything.
The reason the writers of the constitution put in freedom of the press was to keep the GOV in check, not promote and cover up for one party

...and Fox never covered up for Bush? They never promoted the republicans?

Hey! Wait! I have an idea! Smart people could always distance themselves from such media outlets and make informed decisions by themselves, by looking at multiple sources - some of which actually require a person to read words - rather than listen to some face-reddening blow hard.
But I guess being smart is too hard.