• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Stephen Hawking says God doesn't exist. Religious leaders surprisingly don't agree.

Re: Stephen Hawking says God doesn't exist. Religious leaders surprisingly don't agre

What answers? There's two mathematical theories that explain almost everything but when they meet at the singularity (the beginning) they fail to merge and cancel each other out effectively rendering both completely false. The human race is arrogant, we don't know shit.

This is true. The problem is people can't live without answers. Personally, I can live with the fact that we probably won't find out how life started on Earth or how the universe was formed during my lifetime. I accept that. I'll take science though over religion because at least it can change its theories and is still looking for answers whereas the religions just say God did it and call it a day.

I was watching a bunch of these space shows earlier today and the stuff they talk about is hard for people to wrap their minds around and requires lots of thinking so it's no wonder why people turn to religion because it's just a lot more convenient. You don't really have to think about anything because it's all in the Bible or whatever scripture you follow. It doesn't change because the word of God doesn't change. Don't question. Don't think. Just do.

JayJohn85

Banned
Re: Stephen Hawking says God doesn't exist. Religious leaders surprisingly don't agre

Ahh but Basil, Mr Hawking's a reputed man he may be is entirely unqualified to deal with the realm of the metaphysical......Alas he is a man of the physical world, The wonderous mysteries of the spiritual realm would ellude such a man.

Now for just 20 bucks....In our new "save your soul" package you'll get absolution for all your heinous sins, A VIP ticket into the VIP area of heaven, To spend your afterlife in the presence of such folks like Elvis. And this is the important part, Hear me now, Hear me now YOU WILL NOT BURN IN THE PITS OF HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY

Peace out my brothers and sisters, God loves you*......

*Conditions subject to change- Depending on if you donate generously

It's religion holding us back! if it wasn't for religion, we could further our exploration in science and all these problems like diseases and global warming and other stuff instead, we're just playing one Giant Guessing Game!

You ever seen that family guy episode when Stewie and Bryan travel from one dimension to another... n they stumble upon a dimension that's in the same time as ours only they are far more advanced, Stewie says it's because religion wasn't invented so nothing held back the people from scientific advances

Umm...no. Hawking's belief is as much a philosophical one as a religious person's belief that God created the universe. There is no proof to back up his claims, and for some reason be believes that something can spout from nothing and yet doesn't explain why he believes that way other than to tie it to gravity in a way that doesn't make scientific sense. In this sense Hawking is as bad as the creationist who mix up philosophy and science and pretend there is some scientific proof God created the universe.

It's called the laws of thermodynamics. Look em up.

The Big Bang can never be proven because it happened thirteen billion years ago. There is no evidence of it's existence, other than the way that the Universe works today- a universe that behaves as one would that was created under the conditions of the Big Bang. It's an assumption based on the observation of physical principles and the idea that they have always worked the way that they do since they have never been seen by human beings to work any other way.

The proposition that Creationism, which is based on no evidence or any observable and repeatable facets, has the same scientific merit as Hawkings theories is truly ignorant.

And by the way, Hawking never said that God does not exist. He said that God didn't create the Universe or rather that the Universe could have been created under it's own power and did not require an omnipotent being to do so.

It's hilarious that religious people are trying to counter the Big Bang by saying that something can't come from nothing... Isn't that what scientists have always been saying about where God came from?

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608

Will E Worm left a long time ago. Why doesn't anyone realize this?
You're wrong, he's still here..

...in our hearts.

The Big Bang can never be proven because it happened thirteen billion years ago. There is no evidence of it's existence, other than the way that the Universe works today- a universe that behaves as one would that was created under the conditions of the Big Bang. It's an assumption based on the observation of physical principles and the idea that they have always worked the way that they do since they have never been seen by human beings to work any other way.

The proposition that Creationism, which is based on no evidence or any observable and repeatable facets, has the same scientific merit as Hawkings theories is truly ignorant.

And by the way, Hawking never said that God does not exist. He said that God didn't create the Universe or rather that the Universe could have been created under it's own power and did not require an omnipotent being to do so.

It's hilarious that religious people are trying to counter the Big Bang by saying that something can't come from nothing... Isn't that what scientists have always been saying about where God came from?

Because he's God and God doesn't follow your logic mere mortal. :sunny:

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave

I believe in God. I believe in the Big Bang. I believe in Quantum Mechanics. I believe in the theory of general relativity. I believe the universe is 13.7 billion years old and expanding faster than it did 13 bilion years ago. I don't believe we evolved from apes and I don't take too much of what is written in the bible very seriously because it was written by men and censored and sanctioned by a pagen emperor for his own political agenda.

So what does that make me? Fuckin people around here always putting other people in tidy little categories.

I believe in God. I believe in the Big Bang. I believe in Quantum Mechanics. I believe in the theory of general relativity. I believe the universe is 13.7 billion years old and expanding faster than it did 13 bilion years ago. I don't believe we evolved from apes and I don't take too much of what is written in the bible very seriously because it was written by men and censored and sanctioned by a pagen emperor for his own political agenda.

So what does that make me? Fuckin people around here always putting other people in tidy little categories.

Man didn't evolve from apes. I just have to clear that up because it's one of those common mistakes relating to evolution where people think man evolved from monkeys when that's not true because if that happened then there would be no monkeys. We share a common ancestor.

Man didn't evolve from apes. I just have to clear that up because it's one of those common mistakes relating to evolution where people think man evolved from monkeys when that's not true because if that happened then there would be no monkeys. We share a common ancestor.

Yeah and that common denomenator would be a primitive chordate fish called Pikaia over 500 million years ago.

So from now on, when I get pissed-off at things, I will say

Hawking Fucking Dammit!!! :cussing:

Shifty

O.G.

Is anyone going to read the book?

I think it came out today in North America, and comes out on Sept 9th in the UK.

I might, but I'll probably wait for the paperback.

:rofl2: Just the title of this thread made me laugh. Great post.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.

Is anyone going to read the book?

The Bible or Hawking's book? One of them is likely to be based on scientific principles and will provide concise, well-researched theories about the nature of our existence. The other one is about a guy who created everything himself in six days and then sent his son to walk on water, heal a dead man, turn water into wine, die, and then resurrect himself 72 hours later.

The other one is about a guy who created everything himself in six days and then sent his son to walk on water, heal a dead man, turn water into wine, die, and then resurrect himself 72 hours later.

Taken literally yes.

But used as a simple guide it's something different.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS

If I was confined to a wheel chair and had to communicate through a technologically advanced Speak-N-Spell, while dickbags like The Situation were making millions of dollars a year and having a grand old time, I wouldn't believe in God either.

"Spontaneous creation is the reason why there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," he wrote.

:facepalm:

Yes, I just facepalmed Hawking. Since when in the history of man has anything ever "spontaneously created" itself. Everything that I've ever known or heard to exist (other than God) has required some sort of enabler. I really wish I had a few million dollars. Perhaps if I sit here and concentrate hard enough it will "spontaneously" create itself without needing to be printed. I thought Hawking had more common sense than that but I guess I was wrong.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS

:facepalm:

Yes, I just facepalmed Hawking. Since when in the history of man has anything ever "spontaneously created" itself. Everything that I've ever known or heard to exist (other than God) has required some sort of enabler. I really wish I had a few million dollars. Perhaps if I sit here and concentrate hard enough it will "spontaneously" create itself without needing to be printed. I thought Hawking had more common sense than that but I guess I was wrong.

Just because something spontaneous has an enabler, it doesn't discount it as being spontaneous. For instance, spontaneous combustion. Fuel, heat and oxygen are all required in order to start a fire (which are all enablers in this case), but that doesn't mean that a fire can't start spontaneously.