• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Splinter Cell: conviction

so anybody that's actually played it? is it really short as they say?

If you play it on easy, I could see only getting 5 hours out of it. Otherwise no. I just beat it today, and probably spent about 15-20 hours, but it's almost 100% how you play it. If you run and gun, it'll be quick, if you're stealthy, it won't.

i will say if this game gets bad reviews or reviews not on the upper positive side then i think this may be the end of it.
Splinter Cell was all about Stealth,shadows,sticky cameras,stick shockers and non lethal takeouts. i was digging that aspect of the game.
i have this game but have not played it yet, i will get to it in a few days
so my opinion may completely change from what i just typed above. :dunno:

For the vast majority of the game, it is still about stealth. The only thing that's changed in that regard is they've made it easier to run around and shoot everyone, you now have the weapons to do so on every level.

I am dying to play this game! I have played and beat and owned every Splinter Cell game and it is still by far my very favorite game series. I just can't though because I no longer own a 360... Which sucks... So I highly doubt I'll ever play it lol

im taking my sweet time (sneak killing everyone)
it took me 2 days to get through the parking garage @ 3rd echelon. i kept getting caught/sounding alarm.
i eventually got it, i like games where you try different tactics...lots of different tactics.
i tried shooting out all the lights=fail
tried sneaking and dropping down right side wall=fail
sneaking dropping down left side wall=fail
climbing water pipe&shooting out lights=fail
i eventually got it when i dropped down right to the left,ko'd guard,shot out car lights,sounded car alarm to draw other guards over...one by one killed them!

im taking my sweet time (sneak killing everyone)
it took me 2 days to get through the parking garage @ 3rd echelon. i kept getting caught/sounding alarm.
i eventually got it, i like games where you try different tactics...lots of different tactics.
i tried shooting out all the lights=fail
tried sneaking and dropping down right side wall=fail
sneaking dropping down left side wall=fail
climbing water pipe&shooting out lights=fail
i eventually got it when i dropped down right to the left,ko'd guard,shot out car lights,sounded car alarm to draw other guards over...one by one killed them!

Easily one of the most downright fun missions of the game. The sheer variety in how to complete it is exactly why I love this franchise.

JayJohn85

Banned
Have to say getting into third echelion really pissed me off then that whole lazer room thing too....Fack I havent returned to it yet had to quit it for a while cos the xbox would have gone out the window lmfao

Have to say getting into third echelion really pissed me off then that whole lazer room thing too....Fack I havent returned to it yet had to quit it for a while cos the xbox would have gone out the window lmfao

nice quote from Queensryche

Compared to other elements of the game I thought that part was one of the least challenging, take your time and move through it slowly.

Given my playing style, moving from normal to realistic didnt actually change that much, only thing I noticed mainly was the guards were alot more attentive and harder to distract.

did it last night....it was a walk in the park. EASY AS FUCk...
go on try it again!

Free 3rd Echelon Map for Deniable Ops/Multi modes has been out for a few days now but can't seem to get it.

The 2 sites to obtain a code key is Gamespot.com(US) or Heavy.com(Canada)

Ive read that the codes are not region locked so might not matter where you obtain the code. They said there was unlimited amounts of codes since there generated but im still waiting for mine to be sent to my email.

Yes its stupid they didnt just add it to the exclusive content section of the game but i guess thats just business with the other sites.

If anyone finds the code else where please let me know.
Thanks.

Aside from that ive always loved Tom Clancy games. This one is not like the other 4 TC:SC games but still awesome fun and great coop multiplayer. As long as free content keeps rolling in then im happy.

:glugglug:

im just getting to the white house, all i do is sneak kill guys now (well EVERYONE!). i dont even bother doing anything else. im getting bored of this game i think. :dunno:

im just getting to the white house, all i do is sneak kill guys now (well EVERYONE!). i dont even bother doing anything else. im getting bored of this game i think. :dunno:

By the time you reach the white house, you have to kill everyone, you cant well go sneaking past splinter cell agents armed with sonar goggles.

One of the biggest changes from the old game is now you can kill everyone at your discretion, its not always possible to sneak passed people anymore. Before the game was released we were told to forget everything we know about splinter cell, stealth has largely gone out the window. The co op missions do add replayability, there is some difference to the game play based on the gadgets you use, maybe the DLC will help.

By the time you reach the white house, you have to kill everyone, you cant well go sneaking past splinter cell agents armed with sonar goggles.

One of the biggest changes from the old game is now you can kill everyone at your discretion, its not always possible to sneak passed people anymore. Before the game was released we were told to forget everything we know about splinter cell, stealth has largely gone out the window. The co op missions do add replayability, there is some difference to the game play based on the gadgets you use, maybe the DLC will help.

im killing them all, im just not doing it from far away hoping for a head shot. im hand to hand killing them ALL! :fight:

Just finished the coop MP maps. Those were a blast ! and somewhat challenging at times...ending was a good twist too.

just finished it last night. fun game. liked the ending,messing around with the co-op stuff now but ...alone?... i guess its not co-op then if im playing by myself? i gotta move onto Red Dead TODAY!

just finished it last night. fun game. liked the ending,messing around with the co-op stuff now but ...alone?... i guess its not co-op then if im playing by myself? i gotta move onto Red Dead TODAY!

yea convictions mp is BOSS. although playing with random nubs is ehh. alot of my xbl friends are obsessed with red dead. is it just like GTA but in the west?

yea convictions mp is BOSS. although playing with random nubs is ehh. alot of my xbl friends are obsessed with red dead. is it just like GTA but in the west?

yea i started it last night...it's overwhelming! that there is sooo much to do and at how big it is. GTA but in the west....yes and a helluva lot of fun

Has anyone tried last stand? Im having trouble finding out just how many waves there are to get the achievement!

20 waves in total.

To get achievment you can start from wave 15, but I have tried this several times and have not got it that way. The game is very glitchy when it comes to achievments.
I got one of the last stand achievments by playing on rookie co-op from wave 1 to 20.