• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

so long Brett Favre

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7870944

The most storied quarterback career in NFL history is coming to a close.

FOXSports.com has learned that legendary quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire. In fact, it's believed he informed the Packers of his decision within the last few days, although it's unclear when Favre and the team will make his decision known.

So barring an unforeseen last-minute change of heart, Favre will leave the game after 17 years, during which he built himself into a household name and a figure synonymous with grit, toughness and perseverance.

Neither GM Ted Thompson nor head coach Mike McCarthy returned several calls left by FOXSports.com for confirmation.

After flirting with retirement for the last few years, Favre will finally go out on the heels of one of the best seasons of his career.

He led the Packers to the NFC Championship Game after passing for a stunning 4,155 yards, looking very much at times like a younger version of himself. In addition he threw 28 TDs — including an overtime Hail Mary pass to beat Denver in front of a national audience — and had a 95.7 quarterback rating. He was also voted into the Pro Bowl following the 2007 season but declined to go.

Favre leaves the game as the all-time record holder in several categories including wins, passing yards, touchdowns and consecutive games started. A three-time MVP, The southern swashbuckler won fans over with his carefree style that epitomized the "gunslinger" moniker and made fans out of everyone from the guy next door to those already enshrined in Canton.

If in fact, Favre does not have a change of heart, his final pass of a Hall of Fame Career was an interception by the Giants' Corey Webster, setting up New York's overtime win in the NFC title game.

For the last few years, the question of whether or not Favre was going to retire has been the most debated topic during the off-season. Two years ago he let his decision linger as reports both that he was returning and that he was retiring emerged. In fact, at one point he was supposedly going to announce his retirement at his charity golf tournament. Of course, those reports ultimately proved to be false.

Then after his final game of the 2006 season, a tearing and emotional Favre appeared on national TV and seemed to be bidding the game adieu. But once again, he had a change of heart and came back for what proved to be one heck of a final hurrah.

This time, Favre has made his decision and will likely make it publicly known soon. However, like in the past, Favre could wake up any day now and decide to change his mind, although that doesn't seem likely at this point.

The team will now shift to Aaron Rodgers, a former first-round pick, who has had few opportunities to play since being selected with the 24th overall pick in the 2005 draft. But when Favre was injured in a Thursday night game against Dallas this past season, Rodgers looked pretty good in relief. The former Cal star completed 18 of 26 passes for 201 yards and a touchdown — the first of his career — and nearly rallied the Packers to the win.

:bowdown:

Farewell to one of the best if not the best quarterbacks in NFL history. Aaron Rodgers should be a quality replacement.

slowhand

Closed Account
He had one hell of a Career thanks for all the good memories Brett Favre. :thumbsup:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Wow. I'm surprised. I was never a Packer fan but I have nothing but respect and admiration for Brett Favre. You can easily make a case that he was the greatest QB in NFL history.

So long, Brett. We'll miss you.

:glugglug::thumbsup::hatsoff::bowdown:

I've never been a Packers fan, but I've always liked watching Favre play. He has an extra something that most players don't have these days. I wish he could have led his team to winning the Super Bowl last month. That would have been a great way for him to go out, just like John Elway.

I've never seen anybody enjoy what he's doing nearly as much as when Brett Favre played football. His ability to have fun while playing at the absolute highest level of his profession is unmatched.

A truly brilliant sports career, one of the best of all time.

I don't know Brett Farve personally but I was there in 1997-8 Mississippi Gulf coast when Brett won the Superbowl in New Orleans Superdome. The Gulfport Airport was named Brett Farve Airport for 2 weeks, it was crazy ! Everywhere in Mississippi coast people worshipped Brett Farve !

But the sad part was just up the road in Mississippi was another great Quarterback who played in 1999 Superbowl against the Baltimore Ravens representing the new football Team Tennessee Titans.

There were no celebration in home state Mississippi because the Tennessee Titans Quarterback was black and Green Bay Packer Quarterback Brett was white. (both are from southern Mississippi)

We have come a long way in race relationship in American but in Mississippi, it is still a KKK country !

I don't know Brett Farve personally but I was there in 1997-8 Mississippi Gulf coast when Brett won the Superbowl in New Orleans Superdome. The Gulfport Airport was named Brett Farve Airport for 2 weeks, it was crazy ! Everywhere in Mississippi coast people worshipped Brett Farve !

But the sad part was just up the road in Mississippi was another great Quarterback who played in 1999 Superbowl against the Baltimore Ravens representing the new football Team Tennessee Titans.

There were no celebration in home state Mississippi because the Tennessee Titans Quarterback was black and Green Bay Packer Quarterback Brett was white. (both are from southern Mississippi)

We have come a long way in race relationship in American but in Mississippi, it is still a KKK country !

Actually, the 1999 Superbowl McNair played in was against the St. Louis Rams. Sorry, felt it should be pointed out.

Are you kidding me? STFU.

I would say Brett Favre and Steve McNair have had drastically different careers. Other than the obvious difference in talent, Favre played 275 games IN A ROW while McNair is usually in and out of the line up after week 5.

That you would try to bring race into a joyful discussion of one of sports' greatest characters is disgusting and well, racist. Your missplaced angst is a festering turd in our celebration's punch bowl.

I've never seen anybody enjoy what he's doing nearly as much as when Brett Favre played football.

Friend, you should watch me wax the dolphin :banana:

Cheers to Favre. :glugglug: As a Bears fan, I feel as if a great weight has been lifted. Sure as of late we've had his number. But um....that certainly hasn't always been the case. :( to say the least.

That you would try to bring race into a joyful discussion of one of sports' greatest characters is disgusting and well, racist. Your missplaced angst is a festering turd in our celebration's punch bowl.

Well said.

FAH-Q

Banned
Are you kidding me? STFU.

I would say Brett Favre and Steve McNair have had drastically different careers. Other than the obvious difference in talent, Favre played 275 games IN A ROW while McNair is usually in and out of the line up after week 5.

and brett won. steve didnt. thats why there was no parade for mcnair.

SBTNW

Banned
my former favorite was Troy Aikman, since several years now, Favre.

great career, Brett, so long.

The media love affair with him got tiresome a lot, but throughout his career Favre was extremely good, and of course his longevity and endurance were near supernatural. As a Bear fan I can appreciate what it must be like to have one quality quarterback all that time. Out of the 16 or 17 starters the Bears have had in that much time none of them turned out to be worth a damn. He also went out on a pretty good year for himself.