• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should there just be a "Mass shooting in the US" sticky thread?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism

gmase

I hear you.

The father of the killer: “It doesn’t happen here,” [the father] said of the shooting. “It’s one of those strange things that a lot of people are going to have a hard time understanding."
The killer was "a good kid. I think the football messed him up.”

This is why nothing ever changes. It is always 'somebody, or somwhere, else's' problem.

The father repeats the mantra: "We’re going to keep them in our prayers.”

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
It's probably the guns fault, you know how they have that will of their own....

gmase

It's probably the guns fault, you know how they have that will of their own....
How so?

Like a drunk driver, it is the choice of the user to use the weapon. The issue is keeping cars away from drunk drivers and guns away from homicidal nuts.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
It's only one of the services I offer.....

gmase

Another gun kills 8 in Indy.
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...anapolis-fedex-shooting-what-know/7249332002/

We all know it's not the gun doing the shooting, but that excuse is a cop-out. Does the gun give the shooter a certain entitlement or feeling or superiority? The second amendment was proposed in order to protect citizens from an infringing government. [The text: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.] It seems a substantial majority of gun-related events have nothing to do with citizens protecting themselves against government. Guns are being used on other citizens.

Citizens have the right to bear arms and the government has the right to well-regulate such arms. Constitutional scholars disagree on this so we can certainly disagree as well.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Years ago in this country disgruntled ex-employees went postal. It's nice to know America has achieved enough success to upgrade our shipping massacres to Federal Express.

Last edited:

I appreciate you guys for not killing me over the joke. I thought of it 15 minutes after the breaking news first came in but I showed class and grace waiting an entire 48 hours before posting it.

Next massacre up is UPS. What can brown do for you? Better have your shittin' pants on when you see his truck pull up.

original.gif

gmase

I appreciate you guys for not killing me over the joke. I thought of it 15 minutes after the breaking news first came in but I showed class and grace waiting an entire 48 hours before posting it.

Next massacre up is UPS. What can brown do for you? Better have your shittin' pants on when you see his truck pull up.
It was funny.

So just last year he was red flagged upon being arrested after buying a shotgun, had his place searched, and the investigators were like "Nah, he's ok"?
This article identifies one of the problems. The authorities took the initial shotgun in March 2020, but he was subsequently allowed to purchase rifles in July and September 2020.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ting-in-indiana-had-two-assault-rifles-police

Last edited:

gmase

It has been a busy day: Kenosha, WI; Omaha, NE; Austin, TX; Columbus, OH.

Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) said last month: “I don’t believe we have a gun control problem in America, I believe we have an idiot control problem.”

Let us accept his framing: How do we control the idiots, since we are not allowed to control the guns?

It has been a busy day: Kenosha, WI; Omaha, NE; Austin, TX; Columbus, OH.

Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) said last month: “I don’t believe we have a gun control problem in America, I believe we have an idiot control problem.”

Let us accept his framing: How do we control the idiots, since we are not allowed to control the guns?
If gun control that satisfies the advocates of gun control ever gets implemented the enforcement resources would be prioritized where the most gun deaths occur on a consistent basis. How do you disarm the gangs of the inner city? I don't have an answer for that.