• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Senators Destroy Ted Cruz's Argument Against The Assault Weapons Ban

I've got family in Denton. Myself, I live to the south and west of DFW, nigh on 160 miles. Might be able to get together for a Shiner.

Let's keep that in mind. What's with you Texans and bock beers, by the way? Every time I've tried to order an IPA in Texas, I get looked at like I'm a fruit loop. Then I tell them "I'm from California," and they give me that "Well, that explains it," look.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Shinerbock, I'm sure you know, is brewed in Shiner, Texas. It's one of those "if it's from Texas it's the best" sort of things. I actually don't drink very often. I'd be happier at a barbecue joint. Yeah, even though you're conservative there's still going to be people that give you shit, just because you're from hippy liberal Cal-uh-phone-ya. So what's the impetus for moving to the Dallas area? Lots of people are, mind you, trying to get away from the tax burden in some states. You've got a good road stake, I'm guessing. You'll need it.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Let's keep that in mind. What's with you Texans and bock beers, by the way? Every time I've tried to order an IPA in Texas, I get looked at like I'm a fruit loop. Then I tell them "I'm from California," and they give me that "Well, that explains it," look.

Well, then that explains it! Welcome to Texas! People here are very candid with their feelings about things as a rule.

Of course, in a credit-card millionaire haven like Plano you won't find many real Texans. If you come on down to redneck-land where xfire and I live (I live near Houston but way out in the sticks; he lives up in a place they call the "Piney Woods" from what I can discern) where we keep a "shotgun a rifle and a 4-wheel drive" (sorry for the HWJ Jr. reference.....just couldn't help it). Slip me a private message once you get to the Lone Star State and I'd be proud to down a couple of buckets of Shiner with you and xfire, PR!

Texans are my kinda folks. I live in a deep blue state. Let's trade.

No thanks. Don't get me wrong....Texans are my kinda folks as well in so many ways. They are friendly and neighborly....honest and genuine as they come. Wonderful people, really. Problem is, most of them are WAY too conservative for me. The only way to change that is to be who I am and hope lots of others join me.

xfire

Well, then that explains it! Welcome to Texas! People here are very candid with their feelings about things as a rule.

Of course, in a credit-card millionaire haven like Plano you won't find many real Texans. If you come on down to redneck-land where xfire and I live (I live near Houston but way out in the sticks; he lives up in a place they call the "Piney Woods" from what I can discern) where we keep a "shotgun a rifle and a 4-wheel drive" (sorry for the HWJ Jr. reference.....just couldn't help it). Slip me a private message once you get to the Lone Star State and I'd be proud to down a couple of buckets of Shiner with you and xfire, PR.

I live on the outskirts of the great Pineyplex of Lufkin/Nacogdoches where I attended a local high school, spent two years as a Roadrunner at Angelina College, then wore out several axes as an SFA Lumberjack. Six generations of my people have called these woods home. I'm currently living in a "townhouse" (hahahahaha) but still have forty densely wooded acres surrounded by about six hundred that's owned by kinfolk. Life's a little slower here in East/Southeast Texas. But I'm sure PlumpRump will fit in pretty quick. Let me know if you guys are going to get together. If my old lady will let me off the leash I'll join.

georges

Staff member
lol Something tells me georges is just a big cream puff.
I am far to be a big cream puff because some of my colleagues and some of my long time friends said that I can be mean, vindictive and very temperamental but I am definitely not someone who looks for useless troubles. But if someone is nice to me, I will be the same with him or her. I am well aware that I don't have a that easy character but that is life. The only person I will be a cream puff with will be my second half who will probably succeed to melt my heart and make my love feelings so intense that I will soften my character.

xfire

I am far to be a big cream puff because some of my colleagues and some of my long time friends said that I can be mean, vindictive and very temperamental but I am definitely not someone who looks for useless troubles. But if someone is nice to me, I will be the same with him or her. I am well aware that I don't have a that easy character but that is life. The only person I will be a cream puff with will be my second half who will probably succeed to melt my heart and make my love feelings so intense that I will soften my character.

As long as you're comfortable with you, that's all that matters.

Shinerbock, I'm sure you know, is brewed in Shiner, Texas. It's one of those "if it's from Texas it's the best" sort of things. I actually don't drink very often. I'd be happier at a barbecue joint. Yeah, even though you're conservative there's still going to be people that give you shit, just because you're from hippy liberal Cal-uh-phone-ya. So what's the impetus for moving to the Dallas area? Lots of people are, mind you, trying to get away from the tax burden in some states. You've got a good road stake, I'm guessing. You'll need it.

Well, as far as impetus, I'm getting married in May and looking for a career change. Infinitely more jobs available in Texas and the cost of living difference is staggering, so with the mindset of starting a family, my $$ stretches a lot further in TX that it does in CA; been living in Southern California for most of my life so looking for a different narrative and some new experiences; and in that same vein, I'm definitely ready to experience a different political climate, as I seem to fit in less and less by the day here, and to be honest I've had Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein as my Senatorial representatives since before I was a teenager and I'm tired of that very real fact.

As far as being from "hippy liberal Cal-uh-phone-ya" goes, I've got a lot of family in Indiana, so I have had to defend myself against my geographic location since I was in elementary school, even to my own family, which, as you can imagine, is met with great skepticism, so I'm ready for that.

Of course, in a credit-card millionaire haven like Plano you won't find many real Texans. If you come on down to redneck-land where xfire and I live (I live near Houston but way out in the sticks; he lives up in a place they call the "Piney Woods" from what I can discern) where we keep a "shotgun a rifle and a 4-wheel drive" (sorry for the HWJ Jr. reference.....just couldn't help it). Slip me a private message once you get to the Lone Star State and I'd be proud to down a couple of buckets of Shiner with you and xfire, PR!.

I'll definitely do that. Maybe you can give me some pointers and school me in what exactly it is to be a Texan! The "shotgun a rifle and a 4-wheel drive" concept certainly piques my interest. And the bucket of Shiner would just be icing on the cake!

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I live on the outskirts of the great Pineyplex of Lufkin/Nacogdoches where I attended a local high school, spent two years as a Roadrunner at Angelina College, then wore out several axes as an SFA Lumberjack. Six generations of my people have called these woods home. I'm currently living in a "townhouse" (hahahahaha) but still have forty densely wooded acres surrounded by about six hundred that's owned by kinfolk. Life's a little slower here in East/Southeast Texas. But I'm sure PlumpRump will fit in pretty quick. Let me know if you guys are going to get together. If my old lady will let me off the leash I'll join.

I was working in Corrigan just this morning. Ate lunch at Catfish King in Livingston on the way home.

xfire

Well, as far as impetus, I'm getting married in May and looking for a career change. Infinitely more jobs available in Texas and the cost of living difference is staggering, so with the mindset of starting a family, my $$ stretches a lot further in TX that it does in CA; been living in Southern California for most of my life so looking for a different narrative and some new experiences; and in that same vein, I'm definitely ready to experience a different political climate, as I seem to fit in less and less by the day here, and to be honest I've had Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein as my Senatorial representatives since before I was a teenager and I'm tired of that very real fact.

As far as being from "hippy liberal Cal-uh-phone-ya" goes, I've got a lot of family in Indiana, so I have had to defend myself against my geographic location since I was in elementary school, even to my own family, which, as you can imagine, is met with great skepticism, so I'm ready for that.

You'll fit in fine. Honestly, as long as you and I have been exchanging dialog, I can say that you won't have any trouble politically fitting into a Texas frame of mind. Here's a heads up, the median income isn't what you'll find out in California, especially if you venture out of the population centers. I gave up on the idea of a six-figure income when I decided I was staying in Deep East Texas, but the tradeoff, to me, is worth it. You'll like it here, just be prepared for some serious triple-digit summers. Ask Jag, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. :D

I was working in Corrigan just this morning. Ate lunch at Catfish King in Livingston on the way home.

Man, you were definitely in my neck of the woods. The big industrial powerhouse of Corrigan/Camden. I've lost count of how many times the mills out there have changed hands.

Catfish King is one of my favorites. I frequent the one in Lufkin. I spent most of the day in Henderson, up in Rusk County, had a family outing.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
i am far to be a big cream puff because some of my colleagues and some of my long time friends said that i can be mean, vindictive and very temperamental but i am definitely not someone who looks for useless troubles. But if someone is nice to me, i will be the same with him or her. I am well aware that i don't have a that easy character but that is life. The only person i will be a cream puff with will be my second half who will probably succeed to melt my heart and make my love feelings so intense that i will soften my character.

youdontsay.png