• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Scarface is going to be redone.

Shifty

O.G.
People: read what has been posted. They are not recreating Tony Montana. :facepalm:

Deadline also notes that while the new "Scarface" won't be a true, full-on remake, "it will take the common elements of the first two films: An outsider, an immigrant, barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambition."

http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/09/scarface-remake-universal.php

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Pathetic....:eek:

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
Deadline also notes that while the new "Scarface" won't be a true, full-on remake, "it will take the common elements of the first two films: An outsider, an immigrant, barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambition."

http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/09/scarface-remake-universal.php

I wonder who will play the main character, and what the setting will be?

People: read what has been posted. They are not recreating Tony Montana. :facepalm:

Sure sounds like it. That's essentially the entirety of the 1983 movie.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Hollywood movie industry for the last 20 years and getting worse.
Go to the movies and you have a choice between a remake that you know is gonna suck or a computer animated "cartoon" with no plot........that you know is gonna suck.
independent films are the only good ones being made, with a few exceptions per year.

Hollywood movie industry for the last 20 years and getting worse.
Go to the movies and you have a choice between a remake that you know is gonna suck or a computer animated "cartoon" with no plot........that you know is gonna suck.
independent films are the only good ones being made, with a few exceptions per year.

This seems to be the case these day doesn't it?

While there are a few original scripts and stories that I've liked over the few years(District 9 and Inception),for the most part,they all suck.And I'm so fucking sick of all of the animated movies! Does Hollywood think that every adult either has kids or are man-children?

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Sure sounds like it. That's essentially the entirety of the 1983 movie.

That's also the entirety of the 1932 original.

Which means if they did it once;they can do it again.

If the story is taken back to its' basic elements;and certain other things changed in terms of setting, it has potential.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I HATE remakes. Writers to need work their asses off and come up with new material.

Yep, it seems the trend of laziness started in the late 80's/early 90's with them making TV shows that we grew up with into movies.
I think a lot of people watched those out of mainly curiosity, to see how it would look as a movie with different actors.
Then along with those came the remakes.
Most people do realize that they almost always suck but there are enough humans available to fill the theaters, plus with DVD releases they almost can't lose money.........so why stop? Why be creative when the money is there no matter what.

Also USA ain't the only country on the planet. Lotta money to be made internationally.
And most people in other countries have no idea that a remake is even a remake.

But there are still good flicks being made, just like with music.......you just gotta search a bit harder these days.

claydavis

Major Crimes? Shiiiit.
What a load of crap. You can't remake Scarface again the first was great for it's time and the second was excellent. Why remake it? Do something original.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
If they do remake it, maybe they'll make it so I'll actually be able to sit through it.

Yeah, it started off good but got off track around 3/4 of the way in, then it got kinda stupid.
Seemed like they rushed it, then went to the big Rambo style finish.

And why did he think everyone was Jewish?
Jew know what I mean?

non-originality -- the name of the game ! Die Hollywood ! Die !

Yeah, it started off good but got off track around 3/4 of the way in, then it got kinda stupid.
Seemed like they rushed it, then went to the big Rambo style finish.

And why did he think everyone was Jewish?
Jew know what I mean?

Are you talking about Scarface? I love Scarface. I'm talking about The Godfather.