• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Saying "I love you"

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
Thanks Dad!! I can't wait to experience love!!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Hahahha This made me giggle! :)

Here's a little trick... to soften the blow of telling your woman you love her for the very first time (it can be a big deal, I know), take a minute during the course of your third, fourth or fifth, whatever, time of having sex and give her a lite tap on the nose and ask her if she's yours for keeps and closely observe the reaction you get. If it's the reaction you were hoping for, telling her that you love her on a later date won't be so difficult now, will it? :clap:

^^That is so cute! I actually had this happen once (not verbatim but basically the same thing..) I definitely think you're right and that's a great way to feel out a girl and see how she feels about you.. :clap::clap:

See, there's an interesting question, too. When is it okay to say, "I love you," to friends who are not lovers? Certainly in North American society, if a man says to another man, "I love you," it really doesn't matter how close they are, they're immediately called gay. Also, any show of physical intimacy (with the exceptions of the arenas of war and sports) is entirely inappropriate.

I have several good friends, some of each gender, whom I actually love quite dearly, and they know it because I tell them.

I think the right time to say these words is when you are at a point in whatever relationship you're in where it is appropriate to acknowledge a certain level of intimacy. I think that's why parents can say it to their children the second they come out - that intimacy is real, and in place. The words acknowledge that.

blah blah blah. Sorry. I'm rambling.

I say I love you to my best friend Morgan every time we talk because we are as close as sisters.. I've had guy friends that I say it to as well because we've come to a point in our friendship that it really ends up feeling like we're closer than just friends however not in a romantic way.. Just kind of like another level of friendship.. If that makes sense? :dunno:

I agree with you though.. I believe every relationship is different because every person is different. My friends grandparents knew each other 4 weeks said I love you at 6, were married at 8 and have been together almost 45 years.. I also know a couple who dated for a year and some change before saying I love you (actually said it the night they got engaged) and within a year of being married they were divorced.. So it's really about the relationship rather than the 'rules'..

Forget all this love talk. This is better than "I love you"

Hahahha Actually in my past experience this very well could be a way to say I love you! Hahah :1orglaugh

I'll never say it again....

:why: :dunno:
Sounds like a bad experience but you know that doesn't mean they'd all be bad experiences! :)

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I was always under the impression that if a girl said I love you first (especially early on in a relationship) it could scare a guy off?

Not a real man. ;)

So what do you guys think? How long should someone wait to say I love you in a relationship and does it matter if it's the girl or guy who says it first?

Discuss. :cool:

It does not matter. Remember you were reading an article on askmen.

I usually tell my girlfriend to shut up and fetch me a beer instead.

She knows that means I care about her.

It's not really love until they make me a sandwich to go with the beer.

You two. :nono:

just don't anyone say it to yourself in the mirror :clown:

How can I not? :D

Love isn't real, anyway.

So you're dating someone for a few months and all of a sudden, you wake up and feel more strongly than you did before? Gimme a break. I love you is just something you say before you go to bed, or hanging up the phone. Who cares when you say it?

Yes, love is real.

Straighten up mister. :nono:

C

cindy CD/TV

When a relationship first begins and there's so much passion and heat, sometimes the notion of love gets confused with all the sex and hormones. If the first thing you think about when you think of your BF or GF is sex, then it's NOT love you're feeling.

Honestly, I knew I had fallen for a girl once when I woke up early in the morning, rolled over and saw her sleeping face in the pale light of dawn -- and realized that it was the most wonderous thing I'd ever seen. That there was nothing else in the entire world I would rather be doing at that moment than be lying their next to her, almost holding my breath as I anxiously waited for her to wake up, waiting to see the day dawn in her eyes and look up at me, to hear her first sleepy words. And that's when I knew. I JUST KNEW IT IN MY HEART. So that morning, she woke up, looked up at me and smiled sleepily, and I leaned down and whispered the words into her ear. When I pulled back, tears were in her eyes and the sweetest smile I ever saw was on her lips. :)

Alyssa Rose

When a relationship first begins and there's so much passion and heat, sometimes the notion of love gets confused with all the sex and hormones. If the first thing you think about when you think of your BF or GF is sex, then it's NOT love you're feeling.

Honestly, I knew I had fallen for a girl once when I woke up early in the morning, rolled over and saw her sleeping face in the pale light of dawn -- and realized that it was the most wonderous thing I'd ever seen. That there was nothing else in the entire world I would rather be doing at that moment than be lying their next to her, almost holding my breath as I anxiously waited for her to wake up, waiting to see the day dawn in her eyes and look up at me, to hear her first sleepy words. And that's when I knew. I JUST KNEW IT IN MY HEART. So that morning, she woke up, looked up at me and smiled sleepily, and I leaned down and whispered the words into her ear. When I pulled back, tears were in her eyes and the sweetest smile I ever saw was on her lips. :)

Oh. My. Gosh. That just gave me the biggest smile ever! How sweet! Seriously, wow. Just wow. :clap::clap::clap:

I agree though, sex shouldn't be the first thing you think about when you think of your b/f or g/f (at least not all the time)

I think for me, if I'm dating someone and they're hurt (physically or emotionally) and I literally hurt too because of it that's how I know.. Like if my boyfriend's back is hurting and I can tell just by the look on his face my first thought is "I really wish I could take away his pain.." or if he's going through a rough situation that's stressing him out, I just want to do everything I can to make it better for him so that he doesn't have to think about it..

(..)So what do you guys think? How long should someone wait to say I love you in a relationship and does it matter if it's the girl or guy who says it first?

Discuss. :cool:

When the time is right to tell her/him that you love her/him, go for it. In my opinion it doesn't matter if it's the girl or the boy who is the first one.
Does it make a guy a "sissy" if he tells here first? Nope.

bahodeme

Closed Account

Now to be serious fora moment. If she has only dated for a month and says I love you, then I see me getting a restraining order in my future. If you say that you love me & you put me through hell, then BS. I'd rather have it shown than said.

Saying "I love you" in bed doesn't count. Does it?

Alyssa Rose

Saying "I love you" in bed doesn't count. Does it?

When you say it the way he did it does! That's one of the sweetest things I seriously think I've ever heard.. :shy:

If you say it during sex however I think it can feel forced and be perceived as not being true.. :2 cents: