• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Saudi dissident disappears after entering Saudi consulate in Istanbul

This has been in the news for the past week. The allegation is that this Saudi journalist and critic of the Saudi crown prince was killed inside the Saudi consulate and his body dismembered and his body parts smuggled out of the building by his killers.

If this turns out to be true and the Sauds are responsible, there is going to be "hell to pay" according to Sen. Lindsey Graham.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/10/lin...y-if-saudi-arabia-killed-jamal-khashoggi.html

This is some James Bond villain shit right here.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Yeah I'm sure there will be hell to pay.
Just like the hell they paid for their part in 9/11.
Maybe take back some of that 100 billion in weapons "we" sold them a couple years back. (what? they gave them to "the terrorists" already?).
Still waiting for my cut.

Everything you think you know is a lie.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Yeah I'm sure there will be hell to pay.
Just like the hell they paid for their part in 9/11.
Maybe take back some of that 100 billion in weapons "we" sold them a couple years back. (what? they gave them to "the terrorists" already?).
Still waiting for my cut.

Everything you think you know is a lie.

Yep. Why would we punish the Saudis now over one murdered foreign person when they didn't receive even a slap on the wrist from us after our 3000?

georges

Staff member
Yep. Why would we punish the Saudis now over one murdered foreign person when they didn't receive even a slap on the wrist from us after our 3000?
This is what I don't get. Why is this 1 person, who isn't rich, connected to any royalty/politician or is in any way remarkable or outstandingly different from the thousands of people killed by governments each day getting this much attention?
Large companies are backing off that business summit in the desert, and there is even pressure on the WWE to nix a Billion $ deal with them over this.

15 out of the 19 terrorists involved in 9/11 were saudis.
Ossama Bin Laden was a Saudi, his familly was among the richest Saudi famillies and had ties with the Royal Familly.
It has been demonstrated that Saudi Arabia secretely funds Daech.

Do we really need these guys for allies ?
With friends like the Saudis, who needs enemies ?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
This is what I don't get. Why is this 1 person, who isn't rich, connected to any royalty/politician or is in any way remarkable or outstandingly different from the thousands of people killed by governments each day getting this much attention?

Large companies are backing off that business summit in the desert, and there is even pressure on the WWE to nix a Billion $ deal with them over this.

Well, because he was a journalist. As for why the Saudis would have gone to such lengths over a relative nobody, I don't know. :dunno: He obviously pissed off the crown prince pretty bad for it to go this far though. Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been whacking guys faster than Tony Soprano. You got off light if all he did was lock you up in the Ritz-Carlton until you paid your own ransom. He made a LOT of very rich and very powerful enemies (especially too cool for school, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal) with that stunt... but he got away with it. So I guess he figured that he was untouchable. My guess is, this one will eventually do him in. But we'll see.

Because he was a journalist.
Because he was a permanent US resident
Because he was a strong opposer to the Saudi government
Because Saudi Arabia is considered as one of the greatest allies of the Us in the region
Because he was killed even if wasn't in Saudi Arabia

Because this is MBS saying "See, I'm intouchable. I can get any saudi killed and get away with it"

Because this might be just the beginning. Because if we let this unpunished, who knows what will follows, who knows what hje's gonna dare to do if he gets emboldened by getting away with that ?

This looks bad for the Saud royal family. It seems Turkey has hidden video and audio surveillance inside the consulate and both captured the gruesome killing. The Saudi Consul General can be heard on tape saying "do this outside; you're going to get me in trouble," and one of the killers replying "Shut up if you want to live when you return to Arabia." That Counsul General has since been recalled to Riyadh and fired, perhaps setting the stage for him to take the fall.

If this can be traced to the crown prince, and even the king, what should the U.S. response be? And what Johan said, the fact that this was a journalist is in part what makes this especially egregious.

WTF were they thinking?

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Because Saudi Arabia is considered as one of the greatest allies of the Us in the region

Because this is MBS saying "See, I'm intouchable. I can get any saudi killed and get away with it"

Because this might be just the beginning. Because if we let this unpunished, who knows what will follows, who knows what hje's gonna dare to do if he gets emboldened by getting away with that ?

Because they need an excuse to raise oil prices even more over this "international event"?

Saudi Crown prince Boasted That Jared Kushner was “in his pocket"
https://theintercept.com/2018/03/21/jared-kushner-saudi-crown-prince-mohammed-bin-salman/

I don't see how MBS thought he could get away with killing Khashoggi...

Trump and Kushner are compromised six ways from Sunday when it comes to the Saudis

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Because they need an excuse to raise oil prices even more over this "international event"?

But even a dramatic rise in the price of oil wouldn't make up for the amount of international investment that they're set to lose if this leads back to the crown. Remember, one of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's main goals has been to wean the kingdom off revenue from crude and attract more foreign investors. He's also pushed for the sale of an IPO stake in Saudi Aramco, the national oil company. In order to accomplish that, he badly needs foreign investors from the west, as well as advice from smart boys & girls from places like J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley and HSBC. The IPO was called off/delayed a couple of months ago. But the overall goal of broadening the Saudi economic base away from oil remains, and this amateur hour hit has really screwed that up. That's what "Davos in the Desert" was all about. Saudi ‘Davos in the Desert’ Attendees Are Dropping Out

The prince has watched The Godfather one too many times (or maybe not enough). Luca Brasi on his worst day was smoother than this.

Now the story is a fist fight broke out. Yeah, it started out as a classic Bollywood brawl but then Khashoggi was inadvertently beheaded then dismembered.

If this can be traced to the crown prince, and even the king, what should the U.S. response be?

This is a regime/society that beheads people for the crime of "atheism." Yet the U.S. has aligned itself with the Sauds long before Trump was elected.

Again, what should the U.S. do? Sever diplomatic ties? Impose sanctions? Cancel arms deals? Demand a new crown prince?

I doubt any country will actually sever ties or really punish KSA.
Even that Canadian peace hippy PM Trudeau is saying he's not going to stop selling Canadian MILITARY vehicles to the Saudis.