• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

RJS13 Foodie Thread

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I made some amazing beef and broccoli the other night. It was so good. Chinese cooking is my thing.

I made some amazing beef and broccoli the other night. It was so good. Chinese cooking is my thing.
Post the recipe ya hack, that's my Fav. What cut of beef did you use? Sliced Ribeye? New York Strip?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I can not handle even the basics of Chinese cooking. Trial and error dozens of times have failed. I've got the wok, I've got the peanut oil. I get the veggies. Failure after failure every time. Lo mein and fried rice should be so simple. Not for me. I can not produce anything remotely close to edible.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I can not handle even the basics of Chinese cooking. Trial and error dozens of times have failed. I've got the wok, I've got the peanut oil. I get the veggies. Failure after failure every time. Lo mein and fried rice should be so simple. Not for me. I can not produce anything remotely close to edible.

There are always Ramen Cups :1orglaugh:

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman

Your fire isn't hot enough, it's impossible to get the required BTU's off a regular stove top.

bobjustbob

Thank you x. I never thought about that. But now that you mentioned it, the pan and oil can heat to the needed temperature but once the food goes in, the high temp can't be maintained.

I recently moved into a new place. Downsized to a studio in a terrific location for a dynamite rent. Still large enough to entertain. The problem is the range. It's an electric that must have been installed during the Carter administration. Considering that this is also a 100yo building that isn't level, those elements on the cooktop are unusable. They all work but imagine trying to cook anything when the food is sloping to one side of the pan. Hot spots and all other kinds of obstacles. Add to that the energy efficiency of this contraption. It probably costs me $5 to boil some eggs.

I ain't shelling out 2Gs for an induction range that will be left behind when I eventual move so I have to be more creative. Luckily I have much counter space with many sockets. Rice cooker, crockpot. micro, coffee pot all fit and plugged in with plenty of space to prep. I picked up a Ham Beach toast station and Oster digital kettle. Both are accessible and at my fingertips for use. And they use WAY less electricity than that dinosaur.

xfire

You're welcome. One of the first things I bought when I moved out on my own was a really nice carbon steel wok and I learned pretty quickly the only practical way to get the kind of heat you need at home is outside on a grill.

bobjustbob

Grilling was not so much of a problem back in Jersey. Here in Poughkeepsie it's 24f now and I live on the 3rd floor. BBQ is only going to be a summer event with many guests. I ain't dragging my ass up and down stairs carrying shit I need to make me dinner. I also picked up a Ham Beach electric grill. About the size of Foreman but rectangular. Plug it in, drop the top and a burgher is done in 5 minutes. Not the way I like to cook but it does a decent job. The bonus is that I can flip it and keep it on my counter since it only takes the space of a 6 fingers off the backsplash.

Let me also send out a big f-you, f-you to you and all of you Texas people for having BBQ and great meat that I can't have.

hope you missed me was gone for a day practilly
I like the forman grill for steaks and even fish sticks-watch cook time on the sticks

I think it would work on reindeer testicals for x mas

xfire

Grilling was not so much of a problem back in Jersey. Here in Poughkeepsie it's 24f now and I live on the 3rd floor. BBQ is only going to be a summer event with many guests. I ain't dragging my ass up and down stairs carrying shit I need to make me dinner. I also picked up a Ham Beach electric grill. About the size of Foreman but rectangular. Plug it in, drop the top and a burgher is done in 5 minutes. Not the way I like to cook but it does a decent job. The bonus is that I can flip it and keep it on my counter since it only takes the space of a 6 fingers off the backsplash.

Let me also send out a big f-you, f-you to you and all of you Texas people for having BBQ and great meat that I can't have.

It's a lot easier to cook it and eat it outside. Currently 51°, that's perfect weather for a big ass fire and cranking up the smoker and grill. Two different things, smokers and grills; steaks, burgers, hot dogs are great off the grill, but if you want barbecue, you won't get that without the smoker. I live in East Texas and some trash writing motherfucker penned a bbq tome saying that East Texas is "chipped beef" bbq country. That's probably true, but I prefer pig and smoked link sausage.

bobjustbob

Whoever penned that chipped beef thing is a twunt. I've got butchers all around me but they are just extensions of bodegas. 1+inch steaks don't exist and the only place to get them is at Shoprite or other chain supermarkets. I don't know where that beef comes from but it's the only show in town. I'm sure that there are dead steers on the side of the road down there that are juicier than what we pay $26 lb for up here. Brisket? Go get your Jewish grammy to create one or at a deli. BBQ brisket doesn't exist here either.

Besides my own ribs, I could only find one guy doing BBQ and this was a one time shot. He was at a flea market in Metuchen, NJ. This big 55gln drum thing with charcoal and wood and a split side doing something going on. HUGE slabs going with collard greens and corn. The nastiest persons I have ever encountered. But the food that came out of there was unmatched from what me or anyone else prepared for me.

xfire

I got cussed out on another forum when I told some guys I can get packer-trimmed brisket for $3/pound pretty much year-round, and the bastard cow would have been mooing the same morning. I can find it on sale for 99¢/pound at least four times a year. I got a little pissed off about the chipped beef thing but there is a lot of it around here, and not half bad but that shit ain't barbecue. Smoked brisket is work and given the time put into it just to chop it up and douse it in spicy bbq sauce is appalling, and it's not how "chipped beef" is made, anyway, more likely some chuck roast thrown in a crock pot for a few hours then chopped and mixed with sauce. I need to fire up the pit, now I'm hungry for bbq.

bobjustbob

It has been decades since I've had shit on a shingle. Toast and cream sauce is not the problem. I've got to find the right beef. Is it corned beef or what?

xfire

Not sure, but you couldn't go wrong with corned beef. Corned beef is one of my favorite things; Reuben sandwich. And I can't express enough disdain for anyone that thinks corned beef means that sloppy shit that comes out of a can.

Not sure, but you couldn't go wrong with corned beef. Corned beef is one of my favorite things; Reuben sandwich. And I can't express enough disdain for anyone that thinks corned beef means that sloppy shit that comes out of a can.

Mix the canned stuff with potatoes and fry it up with a side of eggs over medium is pretty good to me though.

xfire

Mix the canned stuff with potatoes and fry it up with a side of eggs over medium is pretty good to me though.

I won't deny that. Corned beef hash is hangover ambrosia. Try it with fresh corned beef, it's like eating cornflakes, taste it again for the first time.

I won't deny that. Corned beef hash is hangover ambrosia. Try it with fresh corned beef, it's like eating cornflakes, taste it again for the first time.
Fuck yea, Hash does wonders for a hangover, dunno why. When I feel like shit I crave greasy shit, like a greasy ass bar burger oozing with at least 2 slices of sharp cheddar and all the condiments.

Spaghetti tonight with a twist. Decided to change it up a bit. Instead of adding my coveted meatballs to the marinara I added sliced Italian Sausage. So fucking good!!!!

bobjustbob

Matzo balls were a fail. They didn't blow up and become fluffy. I didn't pack them too tight when I rolled them. Too much meal? Not enough egg?

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Matzo balls were a fail. They didn't blow up and become fluffy. I didn't pack them too tight when I rolled them. Too much meal? Not enough egg?

Eggs helps those babies puff. I rather like matzo balls.

My Korean short ribs were off the hook yesterday.