• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Proves less educated people vote GOP

534646_367026743390966_792958545_n.jpg

How do you figure many PhD's voted for Romney? Obviously they know something about economics.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Hey El Mayor, here are some other numbers. The unemployment rates for voters.

Obama won:

NEVADA 11.8
RHODE ISLAND 10.5
CALIFORNIA 10.2
NEW JERSEY 9.8
NORTH CAROLINA 9.6
MICHIGAN 9.3
COLORADO 8.0
NEW YORK 8.9
CONNECTICUT 8.9
ILLINOIS 8.8

Romney won:

NORTH DAKOTA 3.0
NEBRASKA 3.9
SOUTH DAKOTA 4.4
OKLAHOMA 5.2
UTAH 5.4
WYOMING 5.4
KANSAS 5.9
MONTANA 6.1
TEXAS 6.8
MISSOURI 6.9

Lots of smart voters from your column without jobs. I guess that only stupid people can get jobs.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Interesting that this came from Fox Business News. I would look to verify these, although from what I've seen historically, Democrats always pick up more of the educated vote.

...which somehow certain folk spin as a bad thing. I'll come back to that in a moment.

NORTH DAKOTA 3.0
NEBRASKA 3.9
SOUTH DAKOTA 4.4
OKLAHOMA 5.2
UTAH 5.4
WYOMING 5.4
KANSAS 5.9
MONTANA 6.1
TEXAS 6.8
MISSOURI 6.9

You know the beauty of being an agricultural state? No matter what sort of recession the country goes into, people need to eat. I was once sent a time-lapse GIF of a county map of the US showing unemployment change from when the recession officially began (2007, no?) to, I think, 2010 or the beginning of 2011. White was very low unemployment, black was very high - as the time moves on, the coasts get dark really fast and move in on to the center like some flesh-eating disease. One - and only one - county stayed white throughout. And that was a county in Nebraska that - you guessed it - produces corn, corn, and more corn.

My point being, this particular comparison is isn't useful. The average farmer does not need to be smart. But his product is always in demand.

Anyway, the anti-intellectualism I mentioned earlier: it's a strange phenomenon when education is seen as 'elitist' and those who have it have no more weight in their opinions than those who do not. This anti-intellectualism is mostly championed by the right - just look at the Republican convention ("President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob." :facepalm: ). Don't get me wrong, there are really dumb people in every party. The United States is a country of over 300 million people, and a lot of them are shockingly dumb. How could they not be, when many states won't even teach the scientific basics of evolution (my trip through Salt Lake City was astounding)?

Mayhem

Banned
Hey El Mayor, here are some other numbers. The unemployment rates for voters.

Obama won:

NEVADA 11.8
RHODE ISLAND 10.5
CALIFORNIA 10.2
NEW JERSEY 9.8
NORTH CAROLINA 9.6
MICHIGAN 9.3
COLORADO 8.0
NEW YORK 8.9
CONNECTICUT 8.9
ILLINOIS 8.8

Romney won:

NORTH DAKOTA 3.0
NEBRASKA 3.9
SOUTH DAKOTA 4.4
OKLAHOMA 5.2
UTAH 5.4
WYOMING 5.4
KANSAS 5.9
MONTANA 6.1
TEXAS 6.8
MISSOURI 6.9

Lots of smart voters from your column without jobs. I guess that only stupid people can get jobs.

Going by this, I have to ask; what were all the Romney voters so pissed about?

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
How many degrees have you earned?

He has exactly zero. I bet he is a high school drop out as well.

Come on El Perro Mayor is obviously from Mexico, that means he is not that intelligent.

Someone needs to find out if he is legal. ;)

A lot of the states that voted for Obama are not that bright. Their cost of living is far too high and rank among the worse states to retire or live in. :1orglaugh

Some of the other blue states are too high in crime and high unemployment.
Plus the quality of people is low.

California is expensive and its finances are in serious disarray. Has paid bills with vouchers in the past.

New York has very high taxes, including property taxes. Second highest tax burden and 5th highest per-capita property taxes. Dysfunctional state legislature. Very expensive to live.

New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the U.S. as well as the highest tax burden (as reported by the Tax Foundation) Has serious pension funding issues.

Let's move to a blue state. Nah! :tongue:

What the heck do they manufacturer in North or South Dakota or even Wyoming? What is the population in Montana compared to New York?

Comparing unemployment levels is stupid.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
What the heck do they manufacturer in North or South Dakota or even Wyoming? What is the population in Montana compared to New York?

Comparing unemployment levels is stupid.

It's no more stupid than comparing educational levels. Let's admit it, the higher educational system is broken in many ways. Higher education is polluted with far left professors and administrators. You can get a degree in anything. The starting list is just too long to write but you know what they are. The results are the production of graduates that can't get jobs in their fields because they don't produce anything. All they have is a piece of paper saying that they are exceptionally knowledgeable about something. Nothing marketable.

You don't need a degree to be a mason, or electrician, or plumber, or a farmer. To insinuate that these people are stupid pushes my button. When a high school drop out can fix enough cars to do it well enough to open a shop, his intelligence should not be questioned.