• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Pastor calls off Quran burning

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Big man, talk the talk and back out of walking the walk. Really fucked yourself over there; pissed off both the Moslems and their haters.

Now he might be reconsidering doing the burnings because he thought he was promised to be in talks with the muslim guy in charge of the NYC mosque about moving that building. So he's apparently an even bigger idiot than most of us thought and he's still a tool

My church has been looking for a reason to buy some iPads, so we're all gonna download the Koran on our Kindles and burn those...or sell them on eBay. Take that, Osama!

We need to start a new thread titled 'Pastor reconsiders burning the Koran'. I'm beginning to hate him more for his indecision than anything else.

Oh, one more thing;

This guy's a complete idiot looking for a stunt to try to salvage the doomed congregation he barely has. That's right, we all get that. It's understood on both sides. BUT, if this guy really is a Christian...if he really, truly takes the bible seriously, why wouldn't he burn these Korans?

I don't understand how people can badmouth a Christian preacher for destroying these books. It's the Christian belief that Muhammed is a false prophet and false prophets are the product of Satan, SO..... any real good true blue Christian would not only support this guy, but they'd join in.

Some of you are gonna turn around and say, "Hey no, Christ didn't teach intolerance!" Like hell he didn't! He preached forgiveness for those who who'd come to him..those who'd accept him. We throw the word "infidel" around as if the term belongs to Islamists, but the reality is that, to the heart of Christianity, Muslims are infidels as well. And to the heart of Christianity, the Koran is blasphemous poison that was designed by God's enemies to keep them from Salvation in Jesus' name.

So I do find it funny that we are tolerant of people's faiths and beliefs so long as they're half-assed about it. Yes, we accept people who believe in books that condemn most of the world to an eternity in hell, so long as they're not jerks about it. WTF??

For the record, I'm not Christian. I'm not anything...I don't believe in any of these stories and, quite frankly, I hope they become more and more culturally friendly and taken less literally, but it's pretty damn funny to see somebody be lambasted because he's actually nutty enough to believe the shit he preaches. Hopefully this whacko will keep the books out of the barrel tomorrow and let 9-11 be a remembrance and all that jazz, but if he doesn't, remember, he's doing "The Lord's" work.

Big man, talk the talk and back out of walking the walk. Really fucked yourself over there; pissed off both the Moslems and their haters.

Dumb as he is, he managed to single handedly turned the muslim world upside down. Just the threat of burning the korans did the trick.

Muslims need to get a life and not take their religion so seriously.

He didn't puss out.

Somebody visited his home last night and gave him a little "talk".

The US Govt has people that have "talks" with US citizens and gives them their options in situations like this.

Dumb as he is, he managed to single handedly turned the muslim world upside down. Just the threat of burning the korans did the trick.

Muslims need to get a life and not take their religion so seriously.

Ah, no he did not single-handedly turn the muslim upside down. The books would've burned and no one other than 40 slack-jawed losers would've known if not for the media. The media has 24/7 to fill up..and as a result, real news suffers and we get bullshit like this pastor.

I assume this pastor will get a reality tv show and run for office. It's not too late for him to get on the November ballot somewhere.

I'm very surprised that with all the fear and hate-mongering that Madame Palin has heaped upon the muslim world that she didn't fly down there to hold the matches :dunno:

Her coming out against this seems like another sad political calculation.

Ah, no he did not single-handedly turn the muslim upside down. The books would've burned and no one other than 40 slack-jawed losers would've known if not for the media. The media has 24/7 to fill up..and as a result, real news suffers and we get bullshit like this pastor.

I assume this pastor will get a reality tv show and run for office. It's not too late for him to get on the November ballot somewhere.

I'm very surprised that with all the fear and hate-mongering that Madame Palin has heaped upon the muslim world that she didn't fly down there to hold the matches :dunno:

Her coming out against this seems like another sad political calculation.

The media was a given during the slow news period. Nevertheless he could've done it via Youtube and gotten a lot of attention. Sure all the networks could've ignored him but in this day and age they're weren't about to do that. So in the end..............

Little ol' nutty pastor causes Ummah to go ape.

So much for freedom of speech.

The g'ment didn't fine or jail him for it (the context of FOS). He exercised his freedom of expression and another party who was offended by his expression exercised theirs by choosing not to work with him.

Sorry. Wrong again "Try"...Freedom of speech lives on.

He exercised his freedom of expression and another party who was offended by his expression exercised theirs by choosing not to work with him.

That other party was worried about PC politics which unfortunately trumps our given right to have freedom of speech. So they fired him. No freedom of speech.
Thanks.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Ok, so this dude violated his company's code of ethics and was dismissed. Per his contract, he is probably legally obligated to abide by these code of ethics. Despite that, apparently this violates his rights and the company should be ashamed.

Alternatively, a Muslim woman wants to wear a hijab at work despite the company's dress code. Per her contract, she is probably legally obligated to abide by that dress code. Despite that, apparently her rights are not violated at all and she should just shut the hell up.

USA! USA! USA!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That other party was worried about PC politics which unfortunately trumps our given right to have freedom of speech. So they fired him. No freedom of speech.
Thanks.
I see you've broken out the tarot cards and your crystal ball and have determined some PC nonsense. I'm not sure what the hell that has to do with it or how you come to determine it. Sounds like an excuse for not knowing what the hell you're talking about.

The only right or protection you have in America to freedom of expression or speech is that the government won't hold you criminally liable for it in cases that don't threaten direct or proximate harm to others.

You have no right against having an employer contend your speech is a violation of their private ethics or codes.

You can't go on the job for example and refer to women in any manner you choose then claim free speech.

As has been demonstrated in the past you can't even go on your stupid spacebook or myface and talk despairingly of things at your job without the possibility of repercussions.

If you work in a capacity that is public facing..your private behavior that becomes public can be cause for negative action at a job.