• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Olympic Hockey Team

Medals

• Silver-Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bronze- Czech

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay now that the olympics are only a few months away and canada has to summit their official roster who do you think belongs or doesnt belong on the Canadian Olympic team....Also who do you guys think is gonna win Gold Silver and Bronze medals

Gold-Canada:D
Silver-Russia
Bronze- Czech

i also think that Jason Spezza should be picked after all he does play for my hometown team GO SENS GO:glugglug:

americanharley said:
Is Gretzky going to be behind Canada's bench?
behind as in coaching no.

hes the executive director, he chooses the team and sits in the press box and watches.

Pat Quinn will coach, hes a joke cause he coaches the leafs but w/e.

canada will have the best team at the tourney, i will write down my selections in a later post

C
1. J.Sakic
2. V. Lecavalier
3. J.Thornton

LW
1. S. Gagne
2. B.Richards
3. T.Bertuzzi

RW
1. J.Iginla
2. M. St.Louis
3. D. Heatley

honestly, those are the only forwards i would solidify spots to even bertuzzi is a maybe.

obviously you have the likes of

Spezza, Stall, Crosby, Nash, Smyth, Doan.
lots of young talent with only 3-5 roster spots to fill. personally my 4th line would be:

4. Smyth 4. Spezza 4. Stall

however you move smyth to the 3rd line and put bertuzzi with Spezza and Stall.

on defence, well thats another story.

1. Blake
2. Jovanovski
3. Pronger
4. Niedermayer
5. Regehr
6. Redden

again, however, i would easily take out Blake and Pronger and put in some youth on the lines.

7. Dan Boyle
8. Dion Phaneuf

In net, no brainer to start out with but after that....

1. Brodeur
2. Turco
3. Joseph

Luongo should be backing up Brodeur with Theodore #3 but until Luongo is traded or his play improves i am not sold on him nor Theodore, whos play is inconsistant

Luongo, Fleury and Theodore are Canadas future 3, but these 3 in turco, joseph and brodeur i think give canada the best chance to win the gold.

so with that being said here is the final roster to a monster post lol.

C
Sakic
Lecavalier
Thornton
Spezza

LW
Gagne
Richards
Bertuzzi
Smyth

RW
Iginla
St.Louis
Heatley
Stall

D
Jovanovski
Pronger
Niedermayer
Regehr
Redden
Boyle

G
Brodeur
Turco
Joseph

Extra Players(2 forwards, 1 defence, 1 goalie)

F- Doan, Nash
D- Phaneuf
G- Luongo

Canada is the only country with no flaws whatsoever... the US are really old, they have some questions in front of the net. The Swedes have no goalies either, maybe Lundqvist, but who knows, The Finns should be an interesting team to watch, the Slovaks have a really good offense, but they also have some big holes on defense and they have no goalie, the Russians have an awesome attack with the likes of Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Kovalev, but they also have big questions in front of the net. The only team who can (will) give some problems to Canada, Czech Republic, with Hasek looking really great this year, they have a deep team on offense and defense...

Canada-Czech Republic in the gold medal game, Canada wins it in a Shootout ! ;)

I picked other for the US. I hope the US picks a bunch of young guys who are fast. Granted alot of the older players want on and need some for experience. Right now it will probably come down to Canada and Russia.

canada...i have respect for sweden and the czech but...no brainer....the canadians will not falter in the shootout like b4 as they have been doing it in the NHL..
mccabe should get consideration...most points for defenceman in the NHL 36!!

now with wayne gretzkys status for the Olympics up in the air due to the illness of his mother does anyone think that will affect team canadas performance in the olympics

Also with Mario Lemieux and Steve Yzerman out of the games who deserves to be the Team Captain? My personal choice is either Jarome Iginla or Joe Sakic both great leaders

member20672

Closed Account
I'd say they'll do ok w/o Gretzky. For now I'm worried about the Coyotes(as well as the health of his mother.) Maybe Gretzky's absence will give the Canadian team a little more incentive to win. Either way there will be some good matchups this coming Olympics.

BigSwede said:
I think the poll is stupid!
Why not vote for which country you think is going to win the gold.
why say this then?

why not select other and say, i think so and so will get gold, and so and so silver and this team will win bronze, instead of shooting down an excellent thread topic.