• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

"Offensive"

Isn't it disrespectful of the flag to wear it on your head, or as a t-shirt?
Oh well, so much for consistency.

I doubt that a few kids decided to wear flag t-shirts just because it's the height of fashion. It seems pretty likely that they did it to antagonize the people just like many of the people on here that believe if you are an American then you have no right to celebrate your ancestors heritage if it is not European.

Those are the words of the mother of Matt Dariano, one of the five kids at Live Oak High School in the San Francisco Bay Area who were sent home for having the temerity to wear American flag tee shirts on the "Mexican heritage day" of Cinco de Mayo.

"There will not be an apology," Mrs. Dariano told the camera crew outside the school. "Matthew is part Hispanic, OK? He's an American. So, no, there will be no apology from any Dariano."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/05/06/there_will_be_no_apology_105472.html

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Isn't it disrespectful of the flag to wear it on your head, or as a t-shirt?
Oh well, so much for consistency.

I doubt that a few kids decided to wear flag t-shirts just because it's the height of fashion. It seems pretty likely that they did it to antagonize the people just like many of the people on here that believe if you are an American then you have no right to celebrate your ancestors heritage if it is not European.

wow, thats twisted man.
celebrating heritage is one thing, telling someone what they can't wear is another.
and no, its not disrespectful to wear a hat or shirt with a flag on it, and you know that.
nobody here said they can't celebrate a mexican holiday in the usa.
but when they or anybody starts telling someone that they cant wear a t shirt with the colors of the country youre in because of that holiday.....should i continue?

like i said, if thats the case then take down all red white and blue flags on that day also and cancel english class.

georges

Staff member
unfortunately some people are not worthy of their american citizenship because they lack patriotism and because they are truely ungrateful to the country where they migrated in.