• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... No offence or nothing (I'm trying not to take sides), but how do you know they would have tied it? Kipp was something else back then, it would be very possible Calgary could have scored again...

Anyway, Montreal and Vancouver tonight. Should be great game, hope the Canucks win and take over a playoff spot. I'm not going to be able to see the game cause I'm going to Friday the 13th tonight, but I'm sure going to be checking the score on my phone.

Anything was possible .... Calgary could have won the 7th game too if they played better. Anyway I think it's in the past now and should stay that way.

Anything was possible .... Calgary could have won the 7th game too if they played better. Anyway I think it's in the past now and should stay that way.

I agree with that. The Lightning won the Cup and that's what happened. Anything was possible, that's true. I could find you a better video or picture if you'd like. There are several pictures out there that do definitively show the puck cross the line. As for the kicking motion idea, Gelinas was skating in like a bat out of hell and he definitely didn't make a kicking motion. If the puck had gone in off his skate and been reviewed then the goal wouldn't have been disallowed for a kicking motion. It would've been disallowed anyway because the goal review judges didn't have the specific angle that showed the puck crossing the line.

Biggest game in Blue Jacket's history tonight. The Stars are in town. Winner has a good grip on #5. Loser is likely to drop out of top 8 by the time they play next.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Biggest game in Blue Jacket's history tonight. The Stars are in town. Winner has a good grip on #5. Loser is likely to drop out of top 8 by the time they play next.

Let's go Jackets! :thumbsup:

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Bruins not winning right now, but are in every game. they will get it right soon. As long as the Sharks win the President's Cup, i will be happy

Mauser98k

Closed Account
The Lightning will break out the white jerseys tonight as they entertain the surging Chicago Blackhawks – one of the “build through youth” success stories in the league these days. Chicago has a lot of weapons and goaltender Karri Ramo will face a strong test in goal tonight.

Lightning Interim Head Coach Rick Tocchet said tonight is a big game for Ramo, who needs to show what he can do after a rough outing in his last start at the Islanders.

One Blackhawk who won’t be a factor tonight is former Lightning goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin, who didn’t make the trip and is out with a groin injury. This is Chicago’s second trip to Tampa since Khabi led the Lightning to the Stanley Cup in 2004, and it’s the second time he won’t be a part of the action.

Too bad.

Tocchet is sending a message to Evgeny Artyukhin tonight, as the wing will be a healthy scratch along with (presumably) former Blackhawk David Koci.

“I think since his suspension he's been playing like he was playing at the beginning of the year,” Tocchet said of Artyukhin. “He's sleeping a little bit. He’ll get that big hit every once in awhile but he needs to just go play. Don't worry about the referees.”

Marek Malik has picked up another lower body injury and looks to be out, so young Ty Wishart has been brought back up to fill in on defense. The news doesn’t sound great regarding defenseman Paul Ranger, with Tocchet hinting this morning that his return might not be imminent.

“There are some decisions to be made there,” Tocchet said. “Do we continue on this path or shut him down and get him fixed up? He's a young guy.”

Andrej Meszaros also remains out and isn’t skating, though goaltender Mike Smith was on the ice for the second day in a row, taking part in a light skate sans goaltender equipment.

dear god, injuries and scratches. TB is gonna get slaughtered tonight.

If you're a Dallas Stars fan and didn't hear the news, C Brad Richards broke his right wrist in last night's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He will be out 6-8 weeks.

This probably ends his season.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
How the hell does New Jersey rip through teams like Boston only to get shut-out by Florida?

I just checked the standings on NHL.com, and I just noticed something great about the West: Colorado is in last place!

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Florida is turning into a serious playoff contender the way they're playing. as for Jersey, well, they play us next, so they'll be fine.

*sniffle*

our little Stammer's first career hat trick!

Yep and I hope it's the first of many hat tricks ! Too bad the team let him down by playing like crap and allowing 49 shots. I wonder why Khaby wasn't dressed last night , is he injured or is he just affraid of coming back to tampa ? :1orglaugh

How the hell does New Jersey rip through teams like Boston only to get shut-out by Florida?

The Devils had a nice run, and the Bruins were really playing bad hockey the last four, five games.

But good game yesterday, and maybe teams will get it now not to play the Bruins when they're about to retire a number before the game, ha ha ha! But I guess the Wesleys had a great night anyway.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Yep and I hope it's the first of many hat tricks ! Too bad the team let him down by playing like crap and allowing 49 shots. I wonder why Khaby wasn't dressed last night , is he injured or is he just affraid of coming back to tampa ? :1orglaugh

our still-crippled defense cost us this one. Stammer provided a good offensive package and Ramo was outstanding. you can only hold on for so long before a team barraging you with nearly 50 shots wins.

our still-crippled defense cost us this one. Stammer provided a good offensive package and Ramo was outstanding. you can only hold on for so long before a team barraging you with nearly 50 shots wins.

It's a shame the number of injuries to key defencemen the team had this year , when David Koci has to be part of your defensive 6 , you know you are in trouble.

I don't see why Khabibulin should be afraid of coming back to Tampa. He was an integral part of the Stanley Cup the Lightning won. He deserves a standing ovation the first time he does return for a game there.

Status
Not open for further replies.