• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
I don't see why Khabibulin should be afraid of coming back to Tampa. He was an integral part of the Stanley Cup the Lightning won. He deserves a standing ovation the first time he does return for a game there.

that he does. the Blackhawks have come to TB 2 times since he went there. both times he's been injured and couldn't make the trip. one of these days Khabby...one of these days.

I don't see why Khabibulin should be afraid of coming back to Tampa. He was an integral part of the Stanley Cup the Lightning won. He deserves a standing ovation the first time he does return for a game there.

I didn't mean it that way , I meant he doesn't want to play his old team in front of his former fans because of the history they share. The fans would definitely give him a well deserved standing ovation ( tampa fans don't boo their former players like some other fans do) .

I didn't mean it that way , I meant he doesn't want to play his old team in front of his former fans because of the history they share. The fans would definitely give him a well deserved standing ovation ( tampa fans don't boo their former players like some other fans do) .

I'm sure they would give him a standing ovation too. My Oilers fans will boo Mike Comrie and Chris Pronger until the day they die and good on them. They're both scumbags for the way they handled themselves as professional hockey players while with the Oilers. Not to mention the persistent rumors about the true reasons why they left or were forced to leave which indicate that they're scumbags in their personal lives as well.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
and in more devastating news time for Lightning fans:

Paul Ranger and Andrej Meszaros will both be undergoing shoulder surgery on March 3rd and are expected to be fully healed in 6 months. they're out for the rest of the season.

so much for any turn around this year. 2 key elements in our defense are gone.

Those freaking Bolts, you just could have taken away the points from the Devils, but hell no, shootout loss. Your goalie is a mess...:mad:

You are so bad...ha ha ha ha ha ha! And I really hope they trade away Lecalavier, just love your whining.

Those freaking Bolts, you just could have taken away the points from the Devils, but hell no, shootout loss. Your goalie is a mess...:mad:

You are so bad...ha ha ha ha ha ha! And I really hope they trade away Lecalavier, just love your whining.

They can trade lecalavier all they want I don't even know who that is .. But if they trade Lecavalier then I will be mad. :1orglaugh

Blue Jackets just finished up a brutal part of the schedule, where they played 5 games in 7 days. In those games they walked away with a 4-0-0-1 record. Things are look good in C-bus.

Mauser98k

Closed Account

our goalie for last night's game is an AHL goalie. both our starters for the year are injured.

Lecalavier...that's kinda like "Lecavalier" isn't it?

Mauser98k

Closed Account
well at least TB didn't lose to Carolina by just 1 goal for the 5th time this year.

i believe Sunday will be the first time we lose by 10

Mauser98k

Closed Account
just saw the stats for this game. we managed just 13 shots on goal in this one and gave up 41. we desperately need to do something at the trade deadline to change this. i feel confident we will not be losing Lecavalier or St. Louis as we need them more than ever now. since Ranger and Meszaros are out for the year, we need a good defenseman to come in.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Major trade between the Senators and Islanders today. Senators trade Dean McAmmond and a first-round pick for Chris Campoli and Mike Comrie from the Islanders.

I'm not sure about this one. both teams could use a mix-up, but I'm not so sure about the Isles giving up Comrie. I really do like the first draft pick, though. It's actually the Sharks' first-round pick, so it's going to be at the very end of the first round, but hey, another pick is another pick, and the Isles can use all the help they can get at this point.

holy crap we beat the Bruins.
David Koci got his first career point today too.

Ramo was incredible there is going to be a battle for the backup job next year.

just saw the stats for this game. we managed just 13 shots on goal in this one and gave up 41. we desperately need to do something at the trade deadline to change this. i feel confident we will not be losing Lecavalier or St. Louis as we need them more than ever now. since Ranger and Meszaros are out for the year, we need a good defenseman to come in.

Sadly , I doubt any good player will be coming in at the trade deadline , Tampa is going to be mostly a seller , I just hope they don't let Lecavalier and ST.Louis go. I'm pretty sure Mark Recchi will be traded as well as Gary Roberts. If Malik wasn't injured he would probably be traded too.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
the latest news regarding the coaching job in New York (Rangers):

"UPDATE: Bob McKenzie is reporting for TSN.ca that John Tortorella and the Rangers have agreed to a deal but the Rangers still haven't received permission from the Lightning to hire Torts. Don't forget that Tortorella works for TSN as an analyst, which makes this a very credible report. McKenzie said the league could be getting involved to speed up the process of Tampa granting permission. Larry Brooks is also reporting that a deal will be announced soon between Torts and the Rangers. "

that'll be interesting. it'd be his 2nd stint as Rangers head coach. let's see how long it takes him to anger King Henrik to the point of Henrik leaving the team.

the latest news regarding the coaching job in New York (Rangers):

"UPDATE: Bob McKenzie is reporting for TSN.ca that John Tortorella and the Rangers have agreed to a deal but the Rangers still haven't received permission from the Lightning to hire Torts. Don't forget that Tortorella works for TSN as an analyst, which makes this a very credible report. McKenzie said the league could be getting involved to speed up the process of Tampa granting permission. Larry Brooks is also reporting that a deal will be announced soon between Torts and the Rangers. "

that'll be interesting. it'd be his 2nd stint as Rangers head coach. let's see how long it takes him to anger King Henrik to the point of Henrik leaving the team.

I guess the Rangers can forget about Vincent Lecavalier now ... He would never play for Torts again.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Canucks/Canadiens and Blue Jackets/Flames tonight. It's a pretty big night for my teams. If the Canucks and Jackets both win they will be in good positions for those playoff spots, and of course, if the Flames don't win and the Canucks do, that puts the Canucks even closer to taking down the Flames for that top spot. :thumbsup:

ugh. this Tampa game is looking like Barry Melrose is coaching again.

Well at least we are seeing good things from Cory Murphy ( 2 goals ) and Stammer tonight ( a very nice breakaway goal ) . I hope they will re-sign Murphy before july 1st because he is a very good puck moving defenceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.