• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had to start it.

Wings beat Buffalo in 6. Aha get it? Buffalo Wings?

Srsly though. Detroit is taking the cup.

Discuss!! And let the old thread die.

I'ma subscribe to this, so I can see what's going on. I'm not watching next season, though.

If Detroit wins, I may never watch again.

I love Hockey but it's so hard to be a fan here where I live, I live almost as far away from Canada as an American possibly can and can't watch the Canucks play. Twitter has brought me closer to the game and the team since I can't watch on TV. I'm excited for this season though.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I can say Detroit will win it all if the make the right moves this summer.. that would include NOT SIGNING JACKOFF JAGR!!!:cussing::mad: and be smart about what they gotta do and get somebody like a Brad Richards and two Top 4 Defenseman.. maybe a Bieska, Wisniewski, Hannan, or maybe Jovanowski.. or some combination of a couple of top notch D-men to replace the loss of Rafalski, that would transition the losses, and I am confident that Lidstrom is gonna play another year, if he doesn't that just makes more CAP space to go after an elite up and coming D-man whose gonna be an UFA, or maybe they swing a trade that doesn't hurt there core so much.. :2 cents::dunno:

On the other-hand, despite the Red Wings success in the last decade or so if they sign JACKOFF JAGR, I AM GONNA BE UTTERLY FUCKIN PISSED!!! I can't stand that douche!!! well to say the least, I can't fuckin wait for July 1 too see whats gonna happen. then I will deal with my NHL withdrawal by watching MLB until 10/9/11 or whenever the NEW NHL season officially starts. :uohs:

P.s. I was gonna wait until July 1, 2011 and if STDiva or nobody else started it yet, I was gonna start the '11/'12 NHL thread.. but NO STDiva had to start it again.
reaction.gif
:D

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Detroit is going to lose to the Sharks again.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Detroit is going to lose to the Sharks again.

I'm not gonna be baited by that opinion again.. :nono::D

Detroit really has a chance too seperate themselves from the rest of the pack, they should be able too majorily upgrade its core and insert not only younger, stronger, and faster players, but I think a majority of the team will be built around youth, speed, and size.
:2 cents:

Detroit has to improve their defense.

Last year, they were the second highest scoring team in the NHL, but gave up more goals than any other playoff team- the Wings at times in 2010-11 seemed to live and die with their scoring.

I can say Detroit will win it all if the make the right moves this summer.. that would include NOT SIGNING JACKOFF JAGR!!!:cussing::mad: and be smart about what they gotta do and get somebody like a Brad Richards and two Top 4 Defenseman.. maybe a Bieska, Wisniewski, Hannan, or maybe Jovanowski.. or some combination of a couple of top notch D-men to replace the loss of Rafalski, that would transition the losses, and I am confident that Lidstrom is gonna play another year, if he doesn't that just makes more CAP space to go after an elite up and coming D-man whose gonna be an UFA, or maybe they swing a trade that doesn't hurt there core so much.. :2 cents::dunno:

On the other-hand, despite the Red Wings success in the last decade or so if they sign JACKOFF JAGR, I AM GONNA BE UTTERLY FUCKIN PISSED!!! I can't stand that douche!!! well to say the least, I can't fuckin wait for July 1 too see whats gonna happen. then I will deal with my NHL withdrawal by watching MLB until 10/9/11 or whenever the NEW NHL season officially starts. :uohs:

P.s. I was gonna wait until July 1, 2011 and if STDiva or nobody else started it yet, I was gonna start the '11/'12 NHL thread.. but NO STDiva had to start it again.
reaction.gif
:D

Well you guys re-signed Lidstrom for season 20.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
I like Tampa this coming season. Window is closing on Vinny and Marty, but they have plenty of young blood. Not sure what they will do in goal though. Age and consistency will be issues.

Best defenseman.

Truth. The guy is 109 years old and still punks the entire league with his dominance. It makes me laugh when I see people try to dangle him. It just ain't gonna happen.

This will be his last year no doubt.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I would love to see a Bruins and Predators final, both teams are evenly matched. But who know's.

Detroit is my favorite team and they almost never seem to do badly. They are starting to get older though, and I wonder how long they can stay good. Still, every time I have been worried they might start to decline they always seem to pull talent out of the woodwork somehow and find new people that become stars. They have managed to keep themselves going relatively strong...well since I have been alive almost. Unless multiple seasons go by where they do badly I won't worry about them considering as an organization they have earned the benefit of the doubt for their performance the last three decades.

Two things:

1. Who does Edmonton have that LA wants?
2. Does Edmonton even want Smyth? He's a few years older than Eberle...

Ryan Smyth was and still is the heart and soul of the Edmonton Oilers. He's 35 years old, sure, but he's a veteran who can mentor our young guns and lead by example, which he surely would do because he's the hardest working man in sports. He scored 47 points last season, which is nothing to shake a stick at. Oilers management isn't the brightest, but I don't see why they wouldn't want him back.

Here's a few players that I'm sure would generate some interest and who I would be glad to see go: Tom Gilbert, Andrew Cogliano, Gilbert Brule. Best case scenario would be trading away Shawn Horcoff and his massive contract and giving Smytty the vacated C upon his arrival (maybe get a draft pick to go with it). That is wishful thinking though because I really can't see any team wanting the most overpaid player in sports.

Even if a trade can't be made, Smytty's contract is up at the end of the upcoming season, so we can sign him then.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Best case scenario would be trading away Shawn Horcoff and his massive contract and giving Smytty the vacated C upon his arrival (maybe get a draft pick to go with it).

I really can't see the Kings wanting to take Horcoff. Remember that the Kings need cap space in order to lock up Doughty long-term; there's no way they would trade a major part of their team (and a big contract) for another big contract (and a less productive player to boot). Do the Oilers have any prospects that they could send the Kings' way?

Mauser98k

Closed Account
10 days left until free agency and Tampa have not signed any of their UFAs or RFAs from the Lightning yet.

we're said to be close with Eric Brewer, very far off on Sean Bergenheim and stagnant with Stamkos. talks are also progressing with Roloson.

Yzerman and Stamkos still maintain they are optimistic that a contract will happen before July 1. it had better because if another team signs Stammer to the offer sheet, we may end up paying more than we want to/can for him and that will hurt us severely with other contracts.

there has been little talk of Tampa trying to re-sign Simon Gagne, and that may be an indication that we are trying to bring Brad Richards back. both he and the Lightning have expressed interest in him returning. Brad never wanted to leave, is still close friends with Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis and, apparently, is willing to take a pay cut to return...

Status
Not open for further replies.