• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '10/'11 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I wonder who would win a game between a healthy Caps team and a healthy Lightning team. Caps are looking pretty damn good, and it is great to see Holtby in net. Best goalie the Blades have had for as long as I can remember.

Stamkos was stuck on 40, 41 for the longest time I can remember a goal scorerer being stuck on stupid. Everyday I looked in the paper I was waiting for him to move the goal mark up.

no subsequent punishment for Chara's hit on Pacioretty.

Canadiens fans are positive it was a planned hit, that Chara meant to severely injure Max.

as a non-biased, impartial observer, i don't think it was. Chara is not Matt Cooke. he doesn't purposefully target players and set them up on dangerous hits.

yes, it was a bad hit, and yes, Chara could have let up. but Pacioretty would have beaten him to the puck and broken free. so, Chara did what he's supposed to do, he played the man to keep him from the puck.

the thing that hurts Chara the most here is his size. if that was Cal Clutterbuck who hit Pacioretty, the injury would not have been as severe. surely his neck would not have been broken.

i don't buy that Chara did it on purpose and i don't buy that he needs to be suspended for it. it was an accidentally bad hit that happened at the worst possible spot.

There was no reason for Chara to hit Pacioretty. His defense partner had the puck well into the Bruins zone when they were at center ice. Chara isn't a dirty player but he needed to be suspended for the carelessness involved.

absolutely insane. especially when you remember he had 20 in 21 games to start the year

Huh?

Exactly, my point, otherwise.

He was supposed to flirt with legends like Selanne and Bossy and so on, but he seems to be (somewhat) stuck on the 40 spot. I was just watching him with enthusiasm earlier in the year. Always the young fan in me, hoping I can see someone at least flirt with history.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
scheisse! we just got defenseman Mike Lundin back after being out with an injury for over a month. now Pavel Kubina gets a 3 game suspension for an elbow to Dave Bolland in yuesterday's game

Chara should've been suspended two games for the mere carelessness of hitting a player into the stanchion like that. I virtually guarantee that he wasn't trying to break Pacioretty's neck or even injure him (Chara has never been a dirty player or a player prone to making dirty plays and he has never been suspended in his NHL career), he and Pacioretty were both just victims of where they happened to be on the ice. However, Chara should've known where he was on the ice and let up. It was an interference play anyway, so he had no business hitting him like that in that situation and position on the ice.

scheisse! we just got defenseman Mike Lundin back after being out with an injury for over a month. now Pavel Kubina gets a 3 game suspension for an elbow to Dave Bolland in yuesterday's game

Way to go NHL , 3 games for Kubina ( I agree he deserved a suspension but not 3 games ) and Chara gets nothing for his hit on pacioretty. Shows you how it works : if you are an NHL star you can get away with anything.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Way to go NHL , 3 games for Kubina ( I agree he deserved a suspension but not 3 games ) and Chara gets nothing for his hit on pacioretty. Shows you how it works : if you are an NHL star you can get away with anything.

At least St. Louis' penalty shot last night agains the Hawks didn't get disallowed, eh?

Damn, my Stars were able to come back from a 3 goal defecit, but fall short in the skills competition. Oh well it was definetely a point earned last night!

Bring on the Wild!!

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Let's see how the game between the B's and Montreal turns out on the 23rd this month.

Chara should've been suspended two games for the mere carelessness of hitting a player into the stanchion like that. I virtually guarantee that he wasn't trying to break Pacioretty's neck or even injure him (Chara has never been a dirty player or a player prone to making dirty plays and he has never been suspended in his NHL career), he and Pacioretty were both just victims of where they happened to be on the ice. However, Chara should've known where he was on the ice and let up. It was an interference play anyway, so he had no business hitting him like that in that situation and position on the ice.

I've watched the hit again multiple times and I don't think he should be fined, suspended or otherwise. There is no indication of any foul play. :2 cents:

Mauser98k

Closed Account
thinking about it now, the NHL has failed on being fair and doling out equal punishments.

Tampa's Pavel Kubina has been suspended 3 games for an elbow to the head of Dave Bolland in last night's game. yet Chara gets no suspension for the severe injuries he caused Pacioretty.

i'm not saying Chara deserved to be suspended, but you would think that, since the elbowing rule is there to protect players from injuries, Chara would have been suspended for a couple games due to the injuries Max suffered.

Kubina gets 3 games for not hurting somebody and Chara gets none for possibly ending Pacioretty's career. dichotomy.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
dammit, i forgot we're playing a terrible team. Ottawa. and they have McElhinney in net. it should be an easy 2 points for us, but Tampa can't beat bad teams. if it's an easy 2 points, we lose them.

and tomorrow we're at Florida
16bev0l.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.