• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

New Orleans Saints Had "Bounty Program," NFL Says

My point exactly. Why people are up in arms about it baffles me. You ask anyone who has ever played football at any level and they will tell you that this is nothing new. Saints dumbasses just got caught. Much like the Patriots back in '07. What they were doing wasn't new, they just got caught largely due to Eric "The Rat" Mangini.

Yeah, we grew up trying to kill certain teams we didn't like, but we were never overtly encouraged nor compensated for it. Regardless your opinion is on this, the Saints are in a shit storm now and have to jump on the grenade. I'd seriously laugh my ass off if Brees left now because of this whole mess that faces them.

Yeah, we grew up trying to kill certain teams we didn't like, but we were never overtly encouraged nor compensated for it. Regardless your opinion is on this, the Saints are in a shit storm now and have to jump on the grenade. I'd seriously laugh my ass off if Brees left now because of this whole mess that faces them.

Well, this is something we can agree on. The situation they are in is unprecedented in the Roger Goodell era, so there is no doubt that they will be made an example of by the NFL front office. Many believe that they will suffer a fate similar to that of the Patriots during the "Spygate" scandal.

Well, this is something we can agree on. The situation they are in is unprecedented in the Roger Goodell era, so there is no doubt that they will be made an example of by the NFL front office. Many believe that they will suffer a fate similar to that of the Patriots during the "Spygate" scandal.

Only problem is, didn't do a whole lot to slow that machine down. :(

Wow, what a fucking blubbery crybaby you are and if you aren't lying about your age then you were 26 or 27 when that game was played. Grow the fuck up, you faggot loving faggot. It's fucking game, one which you obviously have never played, nor could you ever play. You're the type of scum who goes to games and spends the entire time shrieking vile obscenities and racial slurs at opposing players and fans and the njumps fans from the opposing team in the parking lot.

I pray that you are savagely assaulted at a game and left a cripple in agonizing pain for the rest of your vile bigoted racist life.

:lame: :ban:

Wow, what a fucking blubbery crybaby you are and if you aren't lying about your age then you were 26 or 27 when that game was played. Grow the fuck up, you faggot loving faggot. It's fucking game, one which you obviously have never played, nor could you ever play. You're the type of scum who goes to games and spends the entire time shrieking vile obscenities and racial slurs at opposing players and fans and the njumps fans from the opposing team in the parking lot.

I pray that you are savagely assaulted at a game and left a cripple in agonizing pain for the rest of your vile bigoted racist life.

Tell us how you really feel, dont sugarcoat it

The Vikings should get the Saints' first round pick. All the suspensions and other various punishments are fine, but that doesn't do a thing for the Vikings, who actually deserved to go that Super Bowl, and more than likely would have won their first one that year. The Saints are classless cheaters.

As for that ridiculous post by Darmund, I almost never give out negative rep, but he just earned some on that one.

too bad the Saints didn't play the Steelers, then little ben might have gotten injured lol

The Vikings should get the Saints' first round pick. All the suspensions and other various punishments are fine, but that doesn't do a thing for the Vikings, who actually deserved to go that Super Bowl, and more than likely would have won their first one that year. The Saints are classless cheaters.

As for that ridiculous post by Darmund, I almost never give out negative rep, but he just earned some on that one.

Why the hell should the Vikings get anything? Because they were so close and then Favre threw an interception because he heard "footsteps"? Besides, it isn't like the Saints have a first round pick anyway. They gave that up to their pals Belichick and the New England Patriots.:D

This is professional sports at it's finest.
Seriously, I support the bounty program.
If I bet money for a team to win,
I want them to draw blood for me.

Darmund

Banned

O NOES!!!!!!!!!! Not negative rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever will I do????????????????????????????????????????? Go fuck yourself. I care so little I almost passed out.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I am sure there are bounties in a lot of sports, take hockey for example. That's why hockey teams have enforcers and goons on the ice. Now as for football, that's been going on for a long time, as to why it was brought into light just now, who knows how long NFL bounty programs have been in place.

This pretty much happens all throughout the league. In this case some disgruntled player opened his mouth! Plus isn't that what the people like to see?!?! Big hits and violent collisions bring more $$$$ (FANS) into the NFL. It'll always be there no matter what!

Lots of bitter Viking fans.

Is it cheating because they had incentive to play harder? They tried more? Gimme a break. The Saints were the 10th least penalized team that year. The Vikings lost because Favre and Peterson were handing the ball to NO.

That said, this is just another case of turning the other cheek being worse than the actual crime. Peyton and Loomis were both warned and continued anyway. They'll both be heavily fined, the franchise will be fined and Peyton/Loomis should be fired. Take away some draft picks and that's fair punishment imo.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Goodell will hang Williams.

No 2 ways about it.

If I was Sean Payton, I'd be afraid....very afraid!

Roger Goodell isn't a joke.

There are two bad things about it. Not only were they making incentives for the injuring of players above the regular play in the game, but paying people for things on the field for anything outside of what is in their contract is a major salary cap violation. It in effect circumvents it. Most people aren't even considering the second part. Both of those aspects make this significantly worse than other rule violations that have happened, like the Patriots taping their opponents when they shouldn't have, for example.

I also don't hold the "everybody does it" as an argument. As much as it is said I have yet to hear about other teams doing it that Williams wasn't on, at least recently, and it's irrelevant especially if the league wants to send a message with this.

There are two bad things about it. Not only were they making incentives for the injuring of players above the regular play in the game, but paying people for things on the field for anything outside of what is in their contract is a major salary cap violation. It in effect circumvents it. Most people aren't even considering the second part. Both of those aspects make this significantly worse than other rule violations that have happened, like the Patriots taping their opponents when they shouldn't have, for example.

I also don't hold the "everybody does it" as an argument. As much as it is said I have yet to hear about other teams doing it that Williams wasn't on, at least recently, and it's irrelevant especially if the league wants to send a message with this.

If they wanna send a message then this is how you do it...

Saint's Organization: Draft picks stripped for the next 3 years (pick a round...any round)
Tom Benson (Owner) Fined 1 million dollars
Sean Payton (HeadCoach): Fined 750,000 and fired
Mickey Loomis (GM): Fined 750,000 and fired
Gregg Williams (Defensive Coordinator): for instituting the system and running it should receive a LIFETIME ban from the NFL and be fined 750,000 as an example to those who would pull this shit again.
as for the 22 - 27 players who chipped in cash and participated in this little home grown mafia... 8 games suspension and 500,000 each

Anything less than a lifetime ban for Williams is just gonna give the green light for other teams to set this up (if not already doing it). Shit think about it... if all you get is a few games off and some pocket change why the hell not do this on every team, not like the commish gives a shit.

Suspension isn't enough for Williams though...he was told to STOP and ignored it. Especially since Goodell spent the last few years preaching player safety and protecting the players... you got this guy undermining the whole fucking thing right under his nose. Rumors are also flying (ESPN ran a piece on it) that outside money from a convicted criminal (racketeering charges) was coming in for hits as well. If that shit lands n sticks then it's adios to all of the above!

If Goodell is serious about protecting players... then there's where you start ^^^ Send a message.... a good one not a slap on the wrist. Make a statement!

Facetious

Moderated
The only news to this story is that they were dumb enough to get caught. I'm sure that almost every team in the league has some sort of "incentive" fund. Buddy Ryan once had a bounty out on a kicker for fucks sake.

The '70's & early eighties Oakland Raiders come to mind.