• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Most Overrated Restaurants

Once a plant is plucked it is immediately dying lol

But we been through this whole dumbass organic regular food crap.

Golden Corral by me is still a great place to go. I show up at 430p to get in for the 7.95 lunch price and at 5pm is when steaks and roasts, loins, ribs, and specialty meats come out and price goes up to like 13-14 bucks. Win/Win. And I'm five plate minimum there so I make the price one way or the other completely worth it.

You’ve talked me into it. I’m gonna go to Golden Corral today and probably one of those Chinese buffets tonight that has all you can eat snow crab legs.

Ah shit, Jack! Chinese buffets. Sadly the ones around me have gone down hill. There's one that is tolerable but not worth the lunch or supper price. Hardly any selection and same old. No specialty items. Unless you count discount crab salad from grocery store down the street :1orglaugh

My fave Chinese buffet shut down years ago. That place was banging too. I have no idea how or why.

But enjoy Jack! :hatsoff: enjoy your Sunday feasts!!!

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Garlic mashed potatoes this weekend. All roasted. i don't know with what. i think i'm gonna chop up some hamburgers and toss it into the mash.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I think the problem is what I said. America can get away with having restaurants that exist solely to exist and generate revenue that aren't good, have no plans on being good, never will be good, and yet still succeed.

At least for travelers or tourists, I think a lot of that comes down to people gravitating to places (chains) that they're familiar with when they're in a strange town or city. Course, these days, you have apps like Yelp that are helpful if you want to venture off the beaten path and not just feed with the rest of the herd. Having "advance intel" or friends in an unfamiliar area makes eating out less stressful. I fully agree that the best food is probably not to be found in any chain. But sometimes people go for what's safe (even if it's not top shelf).

To Mariah's points about travel, even though I'm not an extensive traveler (at least not on her scale), avoiding touristy places is what I generally prefer. If I go some place for pleasure, and not business, I really prefer to get a feel for the local flavor. Whether it's a good or bad experience, at least I'm not part of the herd. And no, trapping me on a cruise ship or a tour bus with a gaggle of squalling kids and whiny tourists would be my idea of hell on earth. I'd rather stay at home and watch the History Channel. Hopefully, my next big trip will be to Italy, because that's where a Romaphile has to visit at least once. The trick is going to be planning the trip well enough that we can get a real feel for present day Rome and Pompei vs. the ancient. I'd truly like to imagine what it was like 2,000 years ago as I stand on a given place in that land.

At least for travelers or tourists, I think a lot of that comes down to people gravitating to places (chains) that they're familiar with when they're in a strange town or city. Course, these days, you have apps like Yelp that are helpful if you want to venture off the beaten path and not just feed with the rest of the herd. Having "advance intel" or friends in an unfamiliar area makes eating out less stressful. I fully agree that the best food is probably not to be found in any chain. But sometimes people go for what's safe (even if it's not top shelf).

To Mariah's points about travel, even though I'm not an extensive traveler (at least not on her scale), avoiding touristy places is what I generally prefer. If I go some place for pleasure, and not business, I really prefer to get a feel for the local flavor. Whether it's a good or bad experience, at least I'm not part of the herd. And no, trapping me on a cruise ship or a tour bus with a gaggle of squalling kids and whiny tourists would be my idea of hell on earth. I'd rather stay at home and watch the History Channel. Hopefully, my next big trip will be to Italy, because that's where a Romaphile has to visit at least once. The trick is going to be planning the trip well enough that we can get a real feel for present day Rome and Pompei vs. the ancient. I'd truly like to imagine what it was like 2,000 years ago as I stand on a given place in that land.

Love me or hate me I KNOW Italy and am happy to make suggestions and recommendations that I promise aren't touristy and are the real thing as far as Italian culture.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I'll most certainly keep that in mind as the time approaches. :hatsoff:

NatalieK

Official Checked Star Member
Loving to eat out and enjoy fresh food from the mediterranean, the costa blanca has many popular restaurants, whether fresh fish, meats, paella & tapas bars...

however, you bought up fast food restaurants like McDonalds, KFC, BurgerKing, TheGoodBurger, well, there´s so many, but I can actually say, the fast food chains here in Spain are completely different to those in America & the UK...

I´ve eaten in Florida & obviously living in England until the last few years, yes, McDonalds isn´t the usual place I would dine, until now. Not for a full course slap up meal, but maybe a lunch break or when you´re in a hurry, here in Spain, you can enjoy your burger, chips & a lager, and of course, it´s Mahou or San miguel, so, well, it does make the difference.

As a franchise, we also find the fast food restaurants here, especially the new McDonalds, they´re all using crockery, metal cutlery, you can purchase different style tea, coffee & cakes, cheesecakes & the burgers, especially the signature burgers are all presented in different style trays and plates.

I´m all up for a mc muffin for breakfast if I´m out and about at 11am and not had time to grab breakfast :) xxxx

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Specialty items????? At Golden Corral????? I don't even have a reply to that one.

The Golden Corral has many eclectic, unique, diverse selections and delicacies that can be magically unlocked through their "Secret Menu" by way of code from your Golden Corral Preferred Members Loyalty Card(the blue one) and the punching in of a 5 digit number through a box that can be found at the cash register upon payment. Make sure you punch in the code correctly using capital letters when needed. Your entire dining experience will truly transform making your all you can eat dreams come true. Don't forget to leave your E-Mail address after you present your card, enter the code, and punch in the 5 digit number for future Golden Corral offers and other goodness. They do validate parking at the Bellflower location.

The Golden Corral has many eclectic, unique, diverse selections and delicacies that can be magically unlocked through their "Secret Menu" by way of code from your Golden Corral Preferred Members Loyalty Card(the blue one) and the punching in of a 5 digit number through a box that can be found at the cash register upon payment. Make sure you punch in the code correctly using capital letters when needed. Your entire dining experience will truly transform making your all you can eat dreams come true. Don't forget to leave your E-Mail address after you present your card, enter the code, and punch in the 5 digit number for future Golden Corral offers and other goodness. They do validate parking at the Bellflower location.

You peasant! You have not the black diamond card for the hall of restrooms, yet??? Patooey on your Golden Corral touristy ass. It is customers like you that fill the chocolate fountain full of shit I see!

You peasant! You have not the black diamond card for the hall of restrooms, yet??? Patooey on your Golden Corral touristy ass. It is customers like you that fill the chocolate fountain full of shit I see!

The blue card still makes me eligible to get the key to the men's restroom behind the building. Not as many 400 lb people pinching off a loaf in there. I can camp out until my feet fall asleep with total 100% confidence.

71%2BELO5y%2B%2BL._SY679_.jpg

The blue card still makes me eligible to get the key to the men's restroom behind the building. Not as many 400 lb people pinching off a loaf in there. I can camp out until my feet fall asleep with total 100% confidence.

71%2BELO5y%2B%2BL._SY679_.jpg

Yeah... cool. But your card doesn't protect you from the after church Sunday crowds. Now does it lmao

Yeah... cool. But your card doesn't protect you from the after church Sunday crowds. Now does it lmao

I keep a Mighty Trident under the seat of my GMC Sierra just in case I encounter a flock of believers. This allows me to walk in alone and sprawl all over a table meant for 4. I keep the Mighty Trident handy leaning it against the table so no one thinks of rushing me.

I keep a Mighty Trident under the seat of my GMC Sierra just in case I encounter a flock of believers. This allows me to walk in alone and sprawl all over a table meant for 4. I keep the Mighty Trident handy leaning it against the table so no one thinks of rushing me.

I challenge you to a buffet off! Your trident shall succumb to the weight of my first plate!

Mortal Corralbat!

I challenge you DinoTsung! And we shall feast this fight!

I challenge you to a buffet off! Your trident shall succumb to the weight of my first plate!

Mortal Corralbat!

I challenge you DinoTsung! And we shall feast this fight!

Your balance must be good, Grasshooper, to carry such a large plate without spilling any Salisbury Steak gravy or mac 'n' cheese. But I am currently in the processing stage of acquiring my own, personal Golden Corral plate which is 18% bigger than the standard size offered in the restaurant. I present it upon entry to be washed then I go to a special window so it can be rinsed off for round two.

I am personally responsible for the closure of Viking's Table which was a Chinese Buffet formerly located on Pico Bl off Barrington Ave right next to the Aquarium store. I ate anything and everything protein that wasn't nailed to the floor or puddled up on the bathroom floor.

:hatsoff:

I shall respect.

I still challenge a buffet off of golden corral. I am the reason why rest of patrons must wait for refill of items. Nor shall I share my other details of buffet accomplishments.

:hatsoff:

I shall respect.

I still challenge a buffet off of golden corral. I am the reason why rest of patrons must wait for refill of items. Nor shall I share my other details of buffet accomplishments.

I acknowledge that the gauntlet has officially been thrown. We will meet in front of the plate line, shake hands, then go to each other's table. When the bell rings we emerge from our respective booths then battle away scavenging plate after plate of hot fresh goodness until the manager bangs on the front counter announcing 10 minutes until close. If neither one of us passes out then it goes to the scorecards as the judges follow us into the toilet declaring the winner of whoever takes the biggest dump.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Cleaned up this thread a bit, people need to stop acting like little children, take your personal fights elsewhere.

IKR, it's not like admins or mods have any way to stop it.

Or you could get to know the owner and managers. I never have a bad experience at Golden Corral, all the employees at our local location utilize their meal discount and eat off the bar, including the cooks, and that speaks volumes to the kitchen, if they'll eat it, you know it's good. The only way you don't like Golden Corral where I live is if you don't like food.