• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Most Overrated Restaurants

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
AppleBees is not supposed be good - its just a step above McD`s
When I think about overrated restaurants I think about places where people spend big bucks (I am a bartender in one of the big-name celebrity chef owned Manhattan places) and I am here to tell you that most fine-dining places are overrated. Everyone goes "oohh" and "ahh" about it but its BS. I have seen it from the inside and its same shit. They drop plates, use microwaves and occasionally frozen pre-cooked stuff just like your neigbourghood AB does. And when dinner for 2 costs $600 that just adds insult to an injury

I love that a restaurant isn't supposed to be good and we accept that. I swear, the food industry is broken in America.

Any restaurant that is listed in the Michelin Guide.

Just because some hoity-toity foodie thinks it good doesn't mean it is

AppleBees is not supposed be good - its just a step above McD`s
When I think about overrated restaurants I think about places where people spend big bucks (I am a bartender in one of the big-name celebrity chef owned Manhattan places) and I am here to tell you that most fine-dining places are overrated. Everyone goes "oohh" and "ahh" about it but its BS. I have seen it from the inside and its same shit. They drop plates, use microwaves and occasionally frozen pre-cooked stuff just like your neigbourghood AB does. And when dinner for 2 costs $600 that just adds insult to an injury

Tell me about the time you spent $600 on a dinner for 2. When? Where? Why?

:catpopcorn:

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Many have been posted but the most overrated is 5 Guys. Ordinary at best. If you have heat, meat, and shit you like on a bun, you have made a 5 Guys. The only thing special at that place is the peanut barrel and I don't put them on my burgher.

Ruddiger

temp ban
I would also like to add Noah's Bagels to the list. Most of the sandwiches and bagels is food you can buy at any supermarket and make it at home. Even their shmears taste similar to Safeway's Lucern cream cheeses or Target's Market Pantry's cream cheeses, but Noah's shmears is $4.59 while Target and Safeway brand is between $2-2.50.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Olive Garden. Despite all the hype, accolades, and reputation for fine dining I didn't exactly find my Tour Of Italy to be satisfying. Should have known in advance as I could see they cast Jews as Italians in their television advertisements.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Many have been posted but the most overrated is 5 Guys. Ordinary at best. If you have heat, meat, and shit you like on a bun, you have made a 5 Guys. The only thing special at that place is the peanut barrel and I don't put them on my burgher.

Bob, you ever have a Fatburger? The XXXL sure is a tasty burger.

maxresdefault.jpg

I read only last page. Olive Garden, Red Lobster nowadays, Hooters, Panera, Chipotle (though guilty of partaking in sometimes), and Buffalo wild wings

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Lots of good restaurants are not good if you're a veggie

'Gonna have a shitty time scale':
Food Allergy > Vegan > Diet > Kosher/Halal > SRSLY fuck those food allergy people. Do NOT go out to eat. EVER. > Diabetic

There are too many things going on, and too much cross contamination in every restaurant. Every place tries to act 4-star. They arent. We dont have time or inclination to spend 'quality' time on any specific requests. Especially at a 15-30$ price point for whatever you ordered. Maybe a new cutting board.. but do you really trust the dish guy who ran it thru once and set it aside with his bare hands? He just reached into the silver tub, 2 minutes ago.
Do you trust the surface NEAR the prep surface? Let alone the exact same knife that just cut the BLT or club sandwich will 50/50 just get a 'good rinse' before slicing your vegan delight.

But I digress.

I just wanna know in what universe are Olive Garden and Applebees and Red Lobster and Claim Jumper etc... rated anything other than cheap crappy quality food in a formula restaurant? They are exactly as advertised: Big portions of cheap gimmicky food made with low-quality ingredients. Those are places where people go for price and quantity over quality. When ingredients are delivered by semi-truck in 5 gallon buckets, how can you expect anything but shitty food?

I just wanna know in what universe are Olive Garden and Applebees and Red Lobster and Claim Jumper etc... rated anything other than cheap crappy quality food in a formula restaurant? They are exactly as advertised: Big portions of cheap gimmicky food made with low-quality ingredients. Those are places where people go for price and quantity over quality. When ingredients are delivered by semi-truck in 5 gallon buckets, how can you expect anything but shitty food?

Exactly, you fucking rabble out there.

And speaking of portion control.

Of course the food snob is gonna rant because we all don't travel to Italy for "real" food. I mean you turn your nose up at some places because you perceive them as "low" and not real and shit, but you're missing out. But hey. Enjoy your toast with tomatoes and chopped cheese and smashed grape juice.

Can we all just consider Mariah the Jordan Schlansky of the board?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
IHOP. Don't go there for anything other than Breakfast. If you want a good Breakfast you are still better off going to Coco's rather than IHOP.

IHOP is horrible, even their breakfast sucks. The only thing decent on their menu are the cheese sticks.