• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Most Brutal/Disturbing Movies ever

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
The Shining, Carrie, and IT.

Movies like Saw are just mindless, gorefests.

Rosie O'Donnell in leather as a dominatrix, in Exit to Eden is extremely disturbing.

Thankfully, I never watched that movie.

Mother of Tears is pretty disturbing.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
The Shining, Carrie, and IT.

Movies like Saw are just mindless, gorefests.

Rosie O'Donnell in leather as a dominatrix, in Exit to Eden is extremely disturbing.

Thankfully, I never watched that movie.

Then you missed Dana Delany and her hot blond assistant naked in the pool scene.:D

Not many people have mentioned mainstream films that were disturbing. Many of the films mentioned so far were specifically made to disturb or gross out. One that disturbed the hell out of me was Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers.

Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom
Possibly my favorite movie of all time. Brilliant.
Faces of Death is pretty bad. But the worst I've ever seen is Traces of Death.
Traces is definitely worse than Faces, for sure. I hate the animal scenes, but plenty of other good stuff.
Driller Killer is another gory movie i can remember from yrs ago.
I liked this one too. Found it at the dollar store on DVD one day!
I found movies like "Gummo" and "Happiness" to be quite disturbing....
Those two were great. Harmony Korine directed the first and is one of my favorite directors. His movie "Kids" was also very good and disturbing.
It's pretty graphic, but just like Cannibal Holocaust, it's all a fake.
In Cannibal Holocaust, one scene that was real was the sea turtle, verified as such by the director (though they did eat the turtle afterwards). That is why I won't watch the movie again.

Anyway, awesome subject, now this is something I can really get into. I seek these movies out with a passion, but I avoid anything that has to do with animals, going as far as to research certain movies beforehand and avoiding animal cruelty. Just can't take it really, simulated or real.

Anywho, I know of much crazy, brutal disturbing crap out there.

The "Men Behind the Sun" series of 4 movies out of China depicts tortures of
Chinese and Russian prisoners by the Japanese during World War II. Incredible stuff, things you would never even think of, all in the name of war technology. A little bit of animal cruelty in one of them.

There is also a new movie "Philosophy of a Knife" that I have yet to see that is 4 hours long, a pseudo-documentary of the same subject.

On a more mainstream level, the uncut version of "Requiem for a Dream" presents a treasure trove to those looking to be disturbed. The Dutch film "Spoorloos" (The Vanishing) is also a quality watch. As many know, "American History X" can be disturbing as well.

The brilliant, sadistic thriller "Funny Games" by Michael Haneke should not be missed.

The harsh depictions of the French movie, "Avere Vent'anni" (To Be Twenty), was something I watched recently that made me feel a little ill. In a similar vein of sex and violence you can find two other French film made years later: "Baise Moi" and "Irreversible", in addition to the Japanese title "Beautiful Girl Hunter".

"Goodbye Uncle Tom" is a hard-to-find Italian movie about the slave trade in the United States. A shocking, brutal depicition that makes "Amistad" and "Roots" look like Disney.

Many disturbing titles have come out of the Japanese film industry. "Ichi the Killer", "Audition", "Visitor Q", "Naked Blood" and "Run and Kill" are all fine fare that I have come across. Anything by Takashi Miike is a must have.

For something a little different, that doesn't really assault your senses to leave you feeling uneasy, try "Safe" by Todd Haynes.

For pure gore, the California Highway Patrol's "Red Asphalt" educational series does not disappoint, with it's real-life depictions of the aftermath of car crashes.

I feel like I'm leaving so many titles out!!!! I did leave out some because they are more well-known or obviously gory just by the titles. If I recall some more disturbing shit, I know where to post it! ;)

Seems that most of the posts here concern gore and violence. What about the things that are more suggestive.

Begotten, anyone?

Haven't seen it, but sounds good.

Movies I inexplicably left out in my first post:

David Lynch's classics: Eraserhead and Blue Velvet

David Cronenberg often hits the mark when he doesn't go too much towards straight horror. I feel his best and most disturbing are Naked Lunch, Scanners, Videodrome and A History of Violence.

More from Harmony Korine: Ken Park, Julien Donkey Boy

Also, Night and Fog, a brutal concentration camp movie.