• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Moon Bombing

Bomb the moon? I kept hearing a bunch of hearsay about all this.

Do people not realize the ecological importance of the moon anymore? :dunno:

The moon dictates waves and much more! :wtf:

Honestly! Leave space the fuck alone! I don't mind pretty galaxy pictures and shit. But fucking leave the fucking hands of man out of it!

We have no business in space! We can barely take care of ourselves on this fucking planet! How are we going to take care of a fucking galaxy!!!!???

We stick on Earth! That is that!

Fucking (E)arthlings!! Just goes to show if you give an inch, we'll take a mile.

I mean, shouldn't the moon have expected that if it let's someone walk all over it, it would be getting it's ass bombed next.:dunno:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I am sure there is a MUCH better way to spend our tax money.

I hope the system lets me rep you for that! :thumbsup:

I'll say right up front that I've never really followed the space program to any great degree. But I'm of the opinion (until someone convinces me otherwise) that the space program, for the most part, is a tremendous waste of taxpayer dollars.

We've yet to figure out how the Egyptians, and even the Romans later on, designed and built some of the buildings from thousands of years ago. And they didn't have a space program! So other than some developments (carbon fiber, etc.) that have come from the space program, what have we gained dollar for dollar??? And if it's so important, why not let private industry shoulder most of the burden? And for people who says that it's the military benefits and developments... how many more ways do we really need to blow up the Earth? How many times over can we already turn it into a giant dust cloud?

I say most all of this is a waste of public money - especially now.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Nope , because it would have been easier to send something up to drill into the ground and analyze it there and then , like they done with mars , this was just a shitty showpiece event to get NASA the funding they need and get people behind them or could there be more to it than that? :confused:

Sending a probe would be a lot more expensive than what they did, so that would be wasting even more money? :dunno:

habo9

Banned
Sending a probe would be a lot more expensive than what they did, so that would be wasting even more money? :dunno:

But at least they would have the information they want , anyway shouldnt this be basic information they should have looked for when Neil & Buzz went up 40-odd years ago , this should have been the first thing to try and find out , but its only a waste of money if it didnt work and they dont find out what they needed , which I think will happen even on the TV reports you could sense the feeling of faliure LOL

Lungzyn

Die For Me
its only a waste of money if it didnt work and they dont find out what they needed

As far as I know, it was successful.

anyway shouldnt this be basic information they should have looked for when Neil & Buzz went up 40-odd years ago , this should have been the first thing to try and find out

The moon landing was fake, remember? :rolleyes: :D
It was more of a political than a scientific thing I think :dunno:

Honestly! Leave space the fuck alone! I don't mind pretty galaxy pictures and shit. But fucking leave the fucking hands of man out of it!

We have no business in space! We can barely take care of ourselves on this fucking planet! How are we going to take care of a fucking galaxy!!!!???

That's exactly why we need to colonise space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZkyRl5IreM

Maybe we'll get lucky and find a big black monolith up there. *eyes BlueBalls nervously*

You actually believe "blowing up the moon" is a possible scenario? Even all the bombs made ever throughout history wouldn't be enough to create more than a relatively small crater on the surface of the moon, or any major planet or natural satellite for that matter.

Sorry to quote something from the first page, but this is simply not true. To create a small crater on the surface of the moon you only need one single atomic bomb.
The Tsar Bomba for example, a nuclear testing device developed and exploded by the former Soviet Union in the early 1960s, could've easily done this. When detonated (and it wasn't even a surface test, it was an atmospheric test), the explosion of the bomb shattered glass windows in distances of up to 900 kilometers. This bomb would've ripped a crater of approximately 25 kilometers, would've eradicated an urban area of about 55 kilometres and would've destroyed wooden buildings an lighter structures in a distance of more than 100 kilometres, if it had been dropped as a weapon. The damage to the moon would have been significantly higher than the damage on earth because the moon hasn't even the atmospheric pressure to counteract a nuclear explosion.

Two years ago, the US alone still had an active atomic arsenal of 2,330 Mt. Just to give a number for comparison: The biggest bomb tested by the US was the Castle Bravo Test of 1954 which sunk Nam Island (Bikini Atoll) and it had a yield of approximately 15 Mt. Now go figure what the whole US atomic arsenal alone would do to the moon. And don't forget adding all the conventional bombs the US has. And don't forget Russias arsenals...oh, and Chinas... Frances...Britains...Germanys...Indias...Japans... Pakistans...Brazils...

Besides that, I don't think cracking the moon's surface is such a bright idea anyway. Suppose there are actually large reservoires of water below the surface of the moon. Well, suppose you damage the surface enough so the water can escape into space? What then? Except for having made the moon much lighter and thus expediting the process of the moon crashing on earth by some thousand years, what exactly have you achieved that would make me sleep better?

What then? Except for having made the moon much lighter and thus expediting the process of the moon crashing on earth by some thousand years, what exactly have you achieved that would make me sleep better?

The scenario you speak of would not have expedited the process of the moon crashing into the earth because the moon is, in fact, moving away from the earth at the rate of a couple of inches per year.

Feed the poor first.

They'll just be hungry again later.

Bomb the moon? I kept hearing a bunch of hearsay about all this.

Do people not realize the ecological importance of the moon anymore? :dunno:

The moon dictates waves and much more! :wtf:

i agree, the universe is very hostile. we as humans were born on this planet and we will die on it just like every other mass extinction.... Have a Nice Day!

The scenario you speak of would not have expedited the process of the moon crashing into the earth because the moon is, in fact, moving away from the earth at the rate of a couple of inches per year.

Well, you're right, the distance between moon and earth grows 3.8 cm per year. So "expediting the process" was the wrong expression, "starting the process" would have been the right one. The moon gains mass every day which is one of the reasons why the lunar distance grows, because the energy left from the rotation increases the orbital angular momentum, and the bigger the mass, the bigger the momentum. The smaller the mass, the bigger the gravitation between moon and earth. That's at least a well-known theory.
Both processes would take as long as the process of earth falling into the sun. So we're good, because we're long dead and gone until then. But increasing the chances of that happening earlier by "bombing" the moon or cracking it's surface and thus purposely decreasing it's mass still sounds pretty reckless to me.

It's really really big, we can't do anything to it that'll matter short of sticking a rocket to it's backside and aiming it at france. And even then...

Bring out the Moon Bong!

ratbastid

Closed Account
I believe the mission was actually a drop-off of a payload of some sort to the colonies that already exist on the moon.
There is a much larger cover-up going on here, and everyone should question what is going on.
Do not fear being called names for questioning this.

This is not a 'Conspiracy Theory', so please, do not discount this possibility away before you do your own research.
Start HERE, and take it from there, please.

As a fellow 'earthling', sharing the planet with the rest of us, and all the creatures that call this planet home, you have the right to know The Truth.

Thank you, and Question Everything.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
So what? When are we gonna bomb Mars? They're the real threat!

How about we pretend that the Taliban's mountain hideaway's are the moon and bomb that? Bomb the fuck out of it. :thefinger

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
So what? When are we gonna bomb Mars? They're the real threat!

First, it was Germany, then the Soviets, then the Slavics, then the Iraqis, then the moon, then Mars, then the Universe!

Watch out, PSR B1620-26 b! Your ass is next! :nanner:

I believe the mission was actually a drop-off of a payload of some sort to the colonies that already exist on the moon.
There is a much larger cover-up going on here, and everyone should question what is going on.
Do not fear being called names for questioning this.

This is not a 'Conspiracy Theory', so please, do not discount this possibility away before you do your own research.
Start HERE, and take it from there, please.

As a fellow 'earthling', sharing the planet with the rest of us, and all the creatures that call this planet home, you have the right to know The Truth.

Thank you, and Question Everything.

You're only half correct.

There is a base but it's not an alien base. It's the secret Nazi moonbase. It's been there since 1942.