• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Megadeth's Headcrusher Music Video

jasonk282

Banned
my comment was about how the POST i quoted made a comment that claimed Kirk Hammet could easy play Megadeth solo's! an it just aint true!
Dave IS a good lead player BUT by FAR not the best! HE EVEN STATES THAT! i was refering to the lead players that have been in megadeth! whome ALL have been better than Kirk! AAAAND Kerry King for that matter! and YES better than Dimebag RIP!

Funny the ONLY lead I ever heard about is dave for Megadeth
You sir are a homer if you think that anyone that played lead with Megadeth is better than Dimebag.

Shifty

O.G.
Since technical skill seems to be the topic here...let me begin.

Michael Angelo Batio
Buckethead
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Paul Gilbert
Dimebag Darrell
Yngwei Malmsteen
Randy Rhoads
Alexi Laiho
John Petrucci
Kirk Hammet
James Hetfield

There is more, but I'm lazy.

Mustaine wrote some great riffs. But he's about as diverse as a rock. Like sketchers said, he's been riding the same dead horse forever. How can people applaud his lazy, repetitive, overdone songwriting???

Edit: Even Marty Freidman is better than Mustaine.

Oh, when you said 'shit on', I thought you meant they insulted his playing. You just mean that you think they're better...

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Dialectic Chaos from about 0:22-0:42 sounds the same as the intro to Wolfmothers Joker & The Thief amirite?
I just listened to it :dunno:

jasonk282

Banned
... that's a Mustaine lyric. ;)

indeed it is and its a drink that Dimebag named, so everytime he drinks a black tooth grin Dimebag was devouring Megadeth till they cessed to exisist

No, you went into the cliche rant about technical guitar prowess vs. soulful playing. C'mon.

No. What I said was.

Just the song youre playing, whether it's six notes a measure, or twenty. It's the song, not the "showy-ness".

The guitar players I admire most are Adam Jones, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Josh Homme, John Fruciante, Alex Lifeson. Mikael Akerfeldt and Peter Lindgren, who worked so well together as members of Opeth. Dave Knudson and Jake Snider, currently of Minus the Bear. Jon Crosby, Daron Malakian, Samuel Beam, John Lennon, all singer/songwriters as much as they are guitarists. Jimmy Page... Enough said.

I could honestly care less about Randy Rhoads, Zack Wilde, Tony Iommi or Kerry King. I just don't like that style of Metal. What saves Dimebag from falling into that catagory of overplayed regurgitated metal riffers is, Dimebag could touch the soul, and then shred it to pieces. There was just a heart to his playing that I don't get with Slayer, or Sabbath or the Oz-guitar players.

Mostly, I hate scales. And I can't get into solo-y stuff that sticks too loyally to the scales. It makes a song predictable, and ho-hum. Nothing new, no matter how fast it is, or how many strings they skip. I can almost hum the notes that are coming next before I hear them, and that makes a song boring.

jasonk282

Banned
ummm im NOT even sure WHAT the HELL that says?!?!?!

It says dimebag rules and megadeth sucks ass.

A homer is someone who only thinks that their team/band is the best.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Comparing a genius like Mustaine to Dimebag is a crime!:nono:
.....A lot of people sleep on Daves' guitar playing but you must remember that he almost lost all feeling in his playing hand and didnt play for a long time! Dave can shred with the best of em when healthy!

Shifty

O.G.
No. What I said was.

The guitar players I admire most are Adam Jones, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Josh Homme, John Fruciante, Alex Lifeson. Mikael Akerfeldt and Peter Lindgren, who worked so well together as members of Opeth. Dave Knudson and Jake Snider, currently of Minus the Bear. Jon Crosby, Daron Malakian, Samuel Beam, John Lennon, all singer/songwriters as much as they are guitarists. Jimmy Page... Enough said.

I could honestly care less about Randy Rhoads, Zack Wilde, Tony Iommi or Kerry King. I just don't like that style of Metal. What saves Dimebag from falling into that catagory of overplayed regurgitated metal riffers is, Dimebag could touch the soul, and then shred it to pieces. There was just a heart to his playing that I don't get with Slayer, or Sabbath or the Oz-guitar players.

Mostly, I hate scales. And I can't get into solo-y stuff that sticks too loyally to the scales. It makes a song predictable, and ho-hum. Nothing new, no matter how fast it is, or how many strings they skip. I can almost hum the notes that are coming next before I hear them, and that makes a song boring.

Ok, fair enough bro.

By the way - I dig Dimebag big time. :banger: Also, Daron Malakian and Jimmy Page.

We can only imagine what Randy Rhoads would have done had he lived.

Comparing a genius like Mustaine to Dimebag is a crime!:nono:
.....A lot of people sleep on Daves' guitar playing but you must remember that he almost lost all feeling in his playing hand and didnt play for a long time! Dave can shred with the best of em when healthy!

hey im a MASSIVE MEGADETH fan AND a DAVE Mustaine fan if ya get what i mean but I and HIMSELF never claim he's better than DIME !!!!!!! HE even says himself he's a better rythm player! but Dime isnt better than ANY lead player Megadeths had!!! well maybe Kerry King LOL but can i even mention him ? lol!

I hear Megadeth on the radio all the time. Just as much as Metallica.

Say what you want about Metallica's more recent work, but Megadeth will never write a Kill'em All. Or a Ride the Lighting. Or a Master of Puppets. Or a ...and justice for all.

Megadeth will always be Metallica's retarded little brother.

I would argue that Rust in Peace is their masterpiece, an album that is better than all of the Metallica work, minus Master of Puppets.