• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

May 1, 2010: Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Who wins?

• Total voters
I know this is a little early, but I figured I'd start this thread since the press tour has already started.

Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr., 12 rounds, for Mosley's WBA Welterweight title​

Shane Mosley (Pomona, California)
Birthdate: September 7, 1971
Height/Reach: 5'9"/74"
Professional Record: 46-5 (39 KO, 1 NC)
Last Fight: TKO 9 Antonio Margarito (January 24, 2009; won WBA Welterweight title)
Notable Opponents: Luis Collazo (W 12), Miguel Cotto (L 12), Oscar De La Hoya (W 12 twice), Vernon Forrest (L 12 twice), James Leija (TKO 9), Antonio Margarito (TKO 9), Raul Marquez (NC 3), Ricardo Mayorga (KO 12), John Molina (TKO 8), Fernando Vargas (TKO 10, TKO 6), Winky Wright (L 12 twice)
Titles Held: IBF Lightweight title (8 defense, vacated), WBC Welterweight title (3 defenses, lost to Vernon Forrest), WBA Super Welterweight title (no defenses, lost to Winky Wright), WBC Super Welterweight title (no defenses, lost to Winky Wright), Ring Magazine Junior Middleweight title (no defenses, lost to Winky Wright), WBA Welterweight title (current)
Other Awards: 1989 United States Amateur Champion, Lightweight division; Silver Medal, 1989 World Junior Championships, Lightweight division; 1990 United States Amateur Champion, Lightweight division; Bronze Medal, 1990 Goodwill Games, Lightweight division; 1992 United States Amateur Champion, Light Welterweight division

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
Birthdate: February 24, 1977
Height/Reach: 5'8"/72"
Professional Record: 40-0 (25 KO)
Last Fight: W 12 Juan Manuel Marquez (September 19, 2009)
Notable Opponents: Carlos Baldomir (W 12), Jose Luis Castillo (W 12 twice), Jesus Chavez (TKO 9), DeMarcus Corley (W 12), Diego Corrales (TKO 10), Oscar De La Hoya (W 12), Arturo Gatti (TKO 6), Ricky Hatton (TKO 10), Carlos Hernandez (W 12), Genaro Hernandez (TKO 8), Zab Judah (W 12), Juan Manuel Marquez (W 12)
Titles Held: WBC Super Featherweight title (8 defense, vacated), WBC Lightweight title (3 defenses, vacated), Ring Magazine Lightweight title (3 defenses, vacated), WBC Super Lightweight title (no defenses, vacated), IBF Welterweight title (no defenses, vacated), WBC Welterweight title (2 defenses, retired), Ring Magazine Welterweight title (1 defense, retired), WBC Super Welterweight title (no defenses, vacated)
Other Awards: Champion, 1993 National Golden Gloves, Light Flyweight division; Champion, 1994 National Golden Gloves, Light Flyweight division; Champion, 1996 National Golden Gloves, Featherweight division; Bronze Medal, 1996 Olympics, Featherweight division; Ring Magazine 1998 Fighter of the Year; ESPN.com 2007 Fighter of the Year; Ring Magazine 2007 Fighter of the Year; Ring Magazine 2009 Comeback of the Year

Mayweather, Mosley nearly brawl at NYC presser

The big punches were nearly exchanged a months early. Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley met face to face to announce their big May 1st showdown at the Nokia Theater in Times Square, which is located in the heart of Manhattan.

The two fighters met head to head at the start of the press conference. When they met face to face to start talking trash, things got heated very quickly when Mayweather put his hands on Mosley and shoved him back. Mosley charged forward at Mayweather and the two of them engaged in a shoving/wrestling match.

Roach: Shane Mosley has trouble with speed, movement

During a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, hall of fame trainer Freddie Roach gave his thoughts on the May showdown between WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather Jr. As much as Roach would like Mosley to win, he think Mayweather’s speed and movement will be too much.

"I like Mayweather to win," Roach said. "I do hope Shane finds a way; he's my friend, but he has trouble with speed and the movement he'll get from Mayweather, so I think Floyd will win a decision."

Mayweather/Mosley revives terrific 24/7

We all know Floyd Mayweather Jr. is comfortable in the boxing ring, but as we all have learned over the past few years, he's just as comfortable in front of the camera.

Mayweather's presence is what helped make HBO's "24/7" reality series a big hit since the inception of the show in 2007 with "De La Hoya/Mayweather 24/7" and "Mayweather/Hatton 24/7."

So it should come as no surprise that HBO announced on Tuesday at the kickoff news conference in New York to promote the Shane Mosley-Mayweather welterweight title fight that the series will return to follow the build up to the much-anticipated HBO PPV fight on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The four-episode "24/7 Mayweather/Mosley" will begin airing April 10 (10 p.m. ET). The second and third episodes will air on subsequent Saturday nights (the April 17 episode debuts at 9:30 p.m. ET and the April 24 episode debuts at 8:30 p.m.). The finale will air on Friday, April 30 (8:30 p.m. ET), allowing HBO's cameras to capture that day's weigh-in.

Photos: Mayweather vs. Mosley, The Near Presser Brawl

Floyd Mayweather, Shane Mosley NYC Presser quotes

FLOYD "MONEY" MAYWEATHER
"It takes two to make a mega fight.* Shane Mosley is one of the best welterweights of our era and I want to fight the best and continue to fight the best.

"I am not only in the fight business; I am in the check cashing business.

SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY
"May 1 symbolizes something.* After this fight, it is going to be clear.* It is going to be the date of Mayweather's first loss.

"It has been a long time since I have had a chance to show the world that I am the best fighter.* I have wanted to be the best and have people understand that I am the best.

NAAZIM RICHARDSON, Mosley's trainer
"You can't really say one is better than the other.* At this level they are both special.* It's proven.

"This will be one of the great ones.* One-hundred-forty-seven pounds is a premiere weight class.* May 1, Shane will matchup against one of the best athletes in the sport."

LEONARD ELLERBE, CEO of Mayweather Promotions
"Shane knows what's coming.* He just doesn't want to admit it, but he knows. Floyd "Money" Mayweather is ready.

"This fight has been in the making for ten years.* It's going to be a hot, hot fight.

"There is a difference when you are talking about Floyd.* Once you get your ass up in there, it is a whole different ball game."

OSCAR DE LA HOYA, President of Golden Boy Promotions
"We are here in a big mega fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Sugar Shane Mosley.* This fight reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard-Thomas Hearns, the classic fights we used to watch on TV.

"It's like watching the Super Bowl or the NBA Championship.* It's boxing's version of the World Series.* It is the fight to watch for this year because not only are you going to get a great event, but you are going to get a great fight.

"I fought both fighters and I know what is going to happen.* Do you want to know what I think?* I know there is going to be a knock-out and it ain't going to be pretty!"

RICHARD SCHAEFER, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions
"We can pick the fans as winners already.* This is one of the best fights, one of the biggest in the history of boxing.

"I wasn't kidding when I said we would make one million homes for Mayweather vs. Marquez.* I wasn't kidding.* We did.* This fight is going to break many, many records.

"This is the fight where one plus one equals three...the three stands for three million homes.* We will break all PPV records with this fight!"

BOB HALLORAN, Vice President of Sports for MGM MIRAGE
"No offense to Mr. Mosley, when you're 40-0 and no one has beaten you...you are the best.* However, should this man win (Mosley), he will be the best and I think Floyd is well aware of that."

Mayweather/Mosley: Heated words over money, ex-wife

Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley has been building for years. There has been a lot of bad blood and the two fighters certainly showed it during the press conference in New York City on Tuesday. Besides*the two of them*nearly*trading punches at the start of the presser, they traded words during multiple interviews and much of it was caught by Rick Reeno and Bill Emes of BoxingScene.com.

Mosley: I'm The champ.

Mayweather: Belts do nothing but collect dust. Man, I don't want his belt. I'm not paying no sanctioning fee. He can keep his belt. This is the biggest money he ever made, with me. [He and Andre Berto] were splitting three million a piece. That's a nice payday for Berto. It don't matter what you do, you are getting your biggest payday with me when it's all said and done.

Mayweather: [Mosley's ex-wife] Jin is your manager.

Mosley: Oh she is?

Mayweather: You beat Oscar De La Hoya twice and now you're an employee*under Golden Boy Promotions. You work for Golden Boy.

Mosley: You and Jin need to get together.

Mayweather: I like Jin. Jin is a great person. She did great with your career. I'm not the one who has to pay her alimony every month, that's you. I'll get the kid [talking about Mosley]*a Mayweather suit, a custom suit. Some real gators. That's off the rack [pointing to Mosley's suit].

Mosley: This is custom right here. That's not custom [pointing to Floyd's suit].

Mayweather: That don't say Mosley promotions [pointing to the fight banner].

Mosley: But that's*my company.

Mayweather: That don't say Mosley promotions.

Mosley: You're paying my company.

Mayweather: Stop, just stop. You better check your records. You don't want me to get the paperwork out. Look up here. Look at what it says. It says Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions. Go get your own*business man. Be your own boss man.

De La Hoya: Mosley unloading on sparring partners

Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya spoke with BoxingScene.com on the upcoming welterweight collision between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley, scheduled for May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. De La Hoya is confident the public will get their monies worth because the fight will end with a knockout. He doesn't anticipate a chess match because Mosley plans to put a lot of pressure on Mayweather from the start.

“It’s a classic fight. It’s one of those classic fights that only comes around every 30 to 40 years. Mayweather-Mosley will be something special. A fight that people don’t want to miss. I know for a fact that it’s going to end with a knockout,” De La Hoya said.

Because De La Hoya is a common opponent for both fighters, he is one of the more qualified individuals to compare their strengths and weaknesses. He dropped two decisions to Mosley, and a close split decision to Mayweather in 2007. De La Hoya explained the factors involved in the fight. Based on our conversation, De La Hoya is tipping Mosley’s advantage in power to be the equalizer.

LezFemmez

Banned
Mayweather is a freaking pussy...:thefinger

Shane Mosley: “I’m going to knock Mayweather out”

"Sugar" Shane Mosley is aiming for the knockout. He wants to put Floyd Mayweather Jr. to sleep on May 1 in Las Vegas. The press tour is nearly complete. Mosley and Mayweather have been trading challenges for over ten years. Mayweather chased after Mosley nearly a decade ago. Mosley has been chasing after Mayweather for the last few years.

"I'm going to knock him out. I can't wait to get into the ring and dig my teeth into Mayweather. It's going to be the fight of the decade. I was waiting for a year to fight either one of these guys [Mayweather of Pacquiao]. Did they care if I was going to wait? No. But it's the fans who are going to benefit from this fight. I don't play. I give 100 percent. I'm going to give everything that I have. Mayweather knows that," Mosley told Reuters.

Mayweather: Mosley will end up like Hatton, De La Hoya

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is planning to dominate WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley on May 1 in Las Vegas. Mayweather fired off some verbal jabs in response to Mosley predicting a win by knockout. Mayweather wants to make an example of Mosley by dominating the action.

"40 have tried and 40 have failed. Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya, Juan Manuel Marquez. They all failed. Mosley is no different. Mosley is just an HBO fighter. He's an HBO fighter. I'm a pay-per-view fighter. I'm giving Shane Mosley the biggest payday of his entire career. After I get done with Shane Mosley, he's going right back to HBO. I beat De La Hoya and I started my own company. Mosley beat Oscar De La Hoya twice and now he works for him as an employee," Mayweather said.

De La Hoya: Mosley can't get mad at Mayweather

Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya made a mistake that Shane Mosley has to stay away from. He got mad at Floyd Mayweather Jr. prior to their 2007 fight and then went in the ring fighting mad instead of fighting smart. De La Hoya used up most of his energy in the early rounds and faded down the stretch. He says Mosley has to ignore Mayweather's taunts and avoid fighting mad on May 1.

"I was so angry with him, I wanted to knock him out so bad," De La Hoya told the Orange County Register. "He wants you to go into the ring like that. Then you fall into his trap and he makes you pay."

Mayweather says mental edge is his vs. Mosley

LOS ANGELES -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. has known he was inside Sugar Shane Mosley's head from the moment Mayweather's last fight ended.

"Shane is out of character in this whole thing," Mayweather said. "He doesn't talk trash. That's not like him to call out somebody. I think Bernard Hopkins [Mosley's business partner] put a battery in his back and pumped him up to say those things."

Mosley: If I wobble Mayweather, you will see a knockout

WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley would like nothing more than to knock Floyd Mayweather Jr. out on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mosley will switch-hit that night. He plans to put on a boxing clinic, switching from boxer to puncher at any time. If Mosley manages to get Mayweather in trouble, he will do everything in his power to close the show. He won't let Mayweather off the hook.

“I'd love to win by knockout, so if I catch him with a good shot and he wobbles, we’ll see a knockout, but if that doesn’t happen, I’ll have to do whatever it takes to beat Floyd round by round,” Mosley was quoted as saying by Doug Fischer of ringtv.com.

I honestly expected the voting to be closer, but then again, there's still some time before May 1

I take Mayweather, although I don't want him to win.

Schaefer: Mayweather talk is disrespectful to Mosley

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is not happy with all of the recent talk about Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao. Schaefer thinks it's disrespectful that everyone is*just overlooking*WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley, who defends his title against Mayweather on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Mosley has a very good shot to pull off an upset against Mayweather. Insiders*think he has a much better*chance to beat Mayweather than Clottey*had to beat Pacquiao. Schaefer says any talk of Mayweather-Pacquiao is premature until after the*big May fight.

"There we go again. All this is disrespectful to Sugar Shane Mosley, who has an incredible fight with Mayweather coming up. The best course of action is to stop talking about Mayweather. [Team Pacquiao] says it wants the fight, but then they say there's this, then and that for it to happen. Maybe there'll be a time a fight with Mayweather … and Pacquiao will be discussed, but that time is not now," Schaefer told The Los Angeles*Times.