• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
I've been doing Keto for the last 5 weeks (minus the 6 days in the keys last week!) and have been enjoying finding new ways to enjoy food without carbs and processed ingredients. I have always read labels and bought organic when available and avoid sugar substitutes at all cost. There are many beyond high fructose corn syrup and I suggest looking them up!

So today I am making ground beef (grass-fed chuck) with fresh tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, cumin, (all organic from a local farmer's market) crushed red pepper from my garden....once it's cooked down I'm gonna add arugula. All in a cast iron skillet.

Here's a pic of phase one

sauce-1.jpg

I've been doing Keto for the last 5 weeks (minus the 6 days in the keys last week!) and have been enjoying finding new ways to enjoy food without carbs and processed ingredients. I have always read labels and bought organic when available and avoid sugar substitutes at all cost. There are many beyond high fructose corn syrup and I suggest looking them up!

So today I am making ground beef (grass-fed chuck) with fresh tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, cumin, (all organic from a local farmer's market) crushed red pepper from my garden....once it's cooked down I'm gonna add arugula. All in a cast iron skillet.

Here's a pic of phase one

View attachment 657691
Always the key, know what you eat you will never go wrong. I will say that the organic thing is a total load of shit. It just tastes the same as non organic. Just a way to charge more for the same thing. Organic food... The crime of the 21st century (I've had this organic argument out with my parents [who are organic mad] they now realise I am correct).

I never had anyone tell me that organic tastes better. I just prefer to buy meats that aren't full of hormones and antibiotics and veggies that aren't GMO You can see that organic veggies are usually smaller in size I also buy cage-free hormone-free eggs. It's never been about taste to me because you're right, they taste the same. It's about what's in the food that matters. In the US food labels aren't required to tell you if there are GMO's or where the meat comes from thanks to the republicans who for some strange reason have fought that tooth and nail. I buy all my veggies at a local farmers stand and yes I pay a little more but it's worth it.

I spent 4 nights in Lago di Mezzola which is attached to Lake Como its on the northern end and has beautiful wetlands and marsh surrounded by mountains. If you get a chance to see it I can't suggest many places more beautiful! Also in Milano there's an incredible restaurant nothing fancy but awesome called Da Maruzzella in Piazza Oberdan right off Corso Buenos Aires Awesome wood fire pizza and homemade pasta. Line out the door so make a reservation

Thanks for the tips babe. Not too sure I'll end up in these places. When travelling with work the clients I see generally take me to their local eatery etc... Hey Japan holiday booked for summer 2019 as well. Seriously looking forward to that. Hiroshima, Osaka & Tokyo should be epic. :)

When I was in the Alsace I fell in love with pan sauces. Very much like American gravy, but without the flour. Its very basic and easy to make with huge rewards.
I get my cast iron hot and pour in 2 cups of beef broth. butter, add garlic, a sprig of rosemary from my garden, whole green onions, sliced onion, sliced or whole mushrooms (I make it a few times a week so Im showing 2 different versions!) and one VERY important thing...this is a reduction so be careful with salt. It doesn't cook off so if you over salt you'll pay the price.
bring to a boil then lower heart and simmer until its thickened.
I sometimes cook the steak in the sauce which is awesome or just pour it over

pan-sauce.jpg

20180915_201249.jpg

Tomahawk Cowboy Ribeye

this is a beautiful 42 ounce tomahawk ribeye that is 2 1/2 inches thick

I added my homemade rub, (sea salt, cracked pepper, cumin, onion powder and coffee) then let it sit uncovered on my cutting board for 90 minutes to get to room temperature. I seared it in a REALLY hot cast iron on each side for 3 minutes and then put on a roasting rack in the oven at 500 degrees for 15 minutes. The center was rare and perfect while the outer edges were perfect mid-rare to medium.

I ladled my mushroom pan sauce over the top and then sliced thin and served it with steamed broccoli and spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. (dressing is bacon drippings (still hot) mixed with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Salad was hard boiled egg red onion slivers and bacon. I piled some mushrooms from my pan sauce as well.

tomahawk-ribeye-raw.jpg

tomahawk-ribeye-raw2.jpg

tomahawk-ribeye.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

tomahawk-carved.jpg

ribeye-plated.jpg

Evening meal in Milan on Thursday...

http://www.ristorantepizzeria91.it

I went for the orecchio d'elefante (elephant ear) which was so huge it had it had it's own gravitational field. Rather a lot of Santa Christina and the obligatory Limoncello thrown in at the end of the night as well. What business trips should be all about :)

Attachments

• 20180920_194129.jpg
    20180920_194129.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 128

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
A friend of mine visited the ruins of Pompeii about a year ago. Knowing that I'm a Romaphile, he brought back lots of photos for me and described the experience as very sobering. Travel is not my thing, but history is. And based on his description, Pompeii is definitely a place that I'd like to visit at some point. I hope that you enjoyed the experience as much as he and his wife did.

It was amazing. Walking down those streets that are thousands of years old. Seeing how they built sewage and plumbing was incredible. The heated floors of the bathhouse where they built fires under the tiles so many things to discover. I simply loved it. They let me stay after everyone had left to get some drone video and it was humbling to be there alone. Eerie and somber. A great moment in my life.