• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
The problem wasn't that we were better off not getting the answers, it was, as you said, in the way that they were given.

I'm told that we will find out the "answer" to the Dharma pallet drop in the new episode- that sums it up right there: a five second blurb four years after it was at all relevant.

I've said it before the problem with the answers is that they were just given out in one expository dialogue, as if the producers themselves were speaking through the characters to the audience, and not incorporated into the plot in any way that effected the storyline- and then never mentioned again.

"by the way dude, those whispers are the people that died on the Island."

oh well. :facepalm:

they were?
i remember ben telling young rousseu when he stole alex not to come looking for her and if she hears whispers to run.
kind of implying that the whispers were from the others.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
they were?
i remember ben telling young rousseu when he stole alex not to come looking for her and if she hears whispers to run.

Since Ben was a pathological liar, by having Ben explain anything, the writers always had an out.

But as best I recall, the Others usually showed up out of nowhere shortly after the whispers were heard. So... :dunno: :confused:

I'm still not clear on what the Others were all about. I assume Richard formed the group way back when. But what was their actual purpose? Just to raise hell and stir shit as best I could tell.

^
I guess we're not exactly sure about the Origins of the Others. In Season 6 they seemed to take on a Morlockian context, but Man in Black went over to live with them after bailing Jacob and MommaJacob...I guess he took control of the group until Jacob summoned Richard from the Black Rock...I think Jacob and MIB were fighting over Richard at one point. Jacob won and Richard become Jacob's disciple until Ben betrayed the Dharma people and joined up with Richard's people...

Ack. My head's hurtin' again. I guess the bottomline is that everyone on the island was dead...basically. Even the Others.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
^
I guess we're not exactly sure about the Origins of the Others. In Season 6 they seemed to take on a Morlockian context, but Man in Black went over to live with them after bailing Jacob and MommaJacob...I guess he took control of the group until Jacob summoned Richard from the Black Rock...I think Jacob and MIB were fighting over Richard at one point. Jacob won and Richard become Jacob's disciple until Ben betrayed the Dharma people and joined up with Richard's people...

Ack. My head's hurtin' again. I guess the bottomline is that everyone on the island was dead...basically. Even the Others.

You mean the Romans/Latins that MiB lived with? Well, that would explain why & how the Others used Latin as their language. But I thought Mother wiped that group out when they came too close to finding the energy source or whatever? :dunno:

Which makes me think of something else. Those Romans were the same ones that were on the ship with Jacob's and MiB's (real) mother. There's a good chance one of those guys was their dad, uncle or some sort of relation.

I really liked the show. But they left some gaping holes too.

Oh BTW: Is anyone else hoping that Playboy can convince certain actresses to pose before people forget who they are? I'll put my vote in for Shannon/Maggie Grace. Her character was pretty pointless. But as eye candy (dayum, that girl has outrageous LEGS! :nanner:), she was worth whatever they paid her. Here's hoping she does Playboy!

^
:glugglug: I'd drink/wank to that!

It was a horrible idea to kill her off like they did. Maggie Grace almost stole the pilot ep...she was mesmerizing and a very good villainous character :o

^
The Obnoxious Spoiled Rich American Girl = villain
She and Boone were bitching about getting bumped from first class, right?

^
The Obnoxious Spoiled Rich American Girl = villain
She and Boone were bitching about getting bumped from first class, right?

She was complaining, Boone wasn't. I guess to me, just because she was spoiled and obnoxious didn't make her a villain, especially in comparison to other characters in this show, Ben was responsible for killing off Dharma, Ethan kidnapped Claire and left Charlie hanging by his neck. Hell, even Sayid and Eko killed a lot of people. I just call Shannon a spoiled rich bitch (and she does redeem herself by the end of season 1)

they were?

I dunno, I think it was ghostly Michael that told Hurley that. Or maybe it was Jacob. Some more lame crap from season six, but yeah, apparently that's what they are.

We're talking first season only with Shannon, so forget Ben. At the beginning of the series we really didn't have villains...you're right Ethan was #1..Sawyer, maybe #2 villain...Shannon's character, when we got her backstory was, shall we say, not heroic, right?

We're talking first season only with Shannon, so forget Ben. At the beginning of the series we really didn't have villains...you're right Ethan was #1..Sawyer, maybe #2 villain...Shannon's character, when we got her backstory was, shall we say, not heroic, right?

Shannon is the one that translated Rousseau's broadcast, proving that she wasn't useless. Then they tortured Sawyer because they thought he had her asthma inhaler. Then she fucked Sayid. I don't think that she ever came off as villainous or was hated by anyone other than Boone.

well that was what Boone called her and then she later said to Sayid. Their relationship was pretty mutually abusive and borderline incestuous. That they both ended up dying shortly into the show makes them some of Lost's most tragic characters.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I dunno, I think it was ghostly Michael that told Hurley that. Or maybe it was Jacob. Some more lame crap from season six, but yeah, apparently that's what they are.

ok.
you know i just watched that 12 minute clip.
don't want to say spoilers, it was ok.
now i miss the show again.

Can you post the site? It was up here earlier, but apparently got taken down.